You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Bernard has played about 40 first team games. Huge gamble if we do go after him.

I spoke to rupert fryer (quality jurno) few months ago about him, he said the lad is quality, he was unsure about him moving to Europe so soon after breaking into the first team.

Do we think we need another attacking player at the moment? We all seem to agree on a strong holding midfielder, but obviously Rodgers doesn't think we do.

The thing about Bernard and his price is his huge potential. He and Coutinho are very similar with Bernard playing more on the wings but similar qualities; footballing brain, dribbling, vision and with a potential to be world class, future world cup winners.

Bernard is not much more than a midget, barely taller than a dwarf. Quite smaller than the all small fellas who have been listed here.

Rodgers' entire transfer policy does seem to centre around eliminating all height from the team and constructing a side of gnomes.

Watched the Libertadores semi-final recently. He was pretty decent but not in the way I expected. He's quite different from Coutinho. He does not seem to have the bag of tricks Coutinho has, instead he relies more on quick bursts of acceleration. This obviously makes him less strong from a stand still point as he's not quite as inventive as Coutinho in possession, but his direct running style means he can very useful in counter-attacking situations. He also does a lot more running and chasing than Coutinho, but Phillippe is in my book the better dribbler and passer. If I had to liken him to another player, it would be Iker Muniain, but I would prefer Muniain out of the two. But, I wouldn't be unhappy with Bernard even though the £20+ million fee looks a bit steep. He would definitely need to play on the wings though, definitely the type of player who needs space to exploit.

I think the final is this week. Maxi missed the crucial penalty that sent them in the final.

Your surely on a fishing trip because, Zola is 5' 4". You said Bernard is 5' 5". So how can he be smaller?

Wikipedia puts Zola at 5'6" - the same height as Messi.

There's been no shortage of belligerent short arses over the years, more than capable of looking after themselves. It's not like we're only interested because we buy footballers by the inch.

Just been having a pint with David Johnson he was pretty adamant Eriksen will be happening in the midweek

Not being funny, but Davey Jono is about as in the loop as Paddy Crerrand is at OT.

If you are female, he will say anything that may get him in your knickers. If you're male he will say anything that may get him nearer the knickers of any females you know.

Not being funny' date=' but Davey Jono is about as in the loop as Paddy Crerrand is at OT.

If you are female, he will say anything that may get him in your knickers. If you're male he will say anything that may get him nearer the knickers of any females you know.[/quote']

My experience of johno is he'll say anything so he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket for a pint!

Wikipedia puts Zola at 5'6" - the same height as Messi.

There's been no shortage of belligerent short arses over the years, more than capable of looking after themselves. It's not like we're only interested because we buy footballers by the inch.

Indeed. Maradona was an excellent short arse

Crystal Palace have £2m offer for SPAIN UNDER 20 CAPTAIN accepted by Sevilla.

Really? We're not going to buy the Spanish under 20 captain for £2m?

what about all the other clubs who obviously haven't seen fit to sign him? and Sevilla who are deciding to sell him for a lot less than they did Luis Alberto

United offer £35 million for Fabragas.

Hahahahahaah

So they wouldnt stump up the extra few million for Thiago and got him stolen away from them by Bayern. But now they are willing to pay more than double for a similar player?

What a load of bullshit!