You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

After eyeing the Armenian and the Greek at the beginning of the window, that potential 'double swoop' is seriously underwhelming.

Have to agree with that.

Assuming Suarez, Downing, Coates and maybe a couple others are sold, and that we were always planning on ending up spending 20 million or so after sales, you'd think we'd have 70-80 million to spend. That should be enough for something like Draxler, Lamela and a decent CB.

Now, obviously, that will never happen, but I do think we should be setting our sights high rather than settling for Aspas and Muriel (or someone at that level) as a replacement for Suarez.

Have to agree with that.

Assuming Suarez, Downing, Coates and maybe a couple others are sold, and that we were always planning on ending up spending 20 million or so after sales, you'd think we'd have 70-80 million to spend. That should be enough for something like Draxler, Lamela and a decent CB.

Now, obviously, that will never happen, but I do think we should be setting our sights high rather than settling for Aspas and Muriel (or someone at that level) as a replacement for Suarez.

As long as they're just good enough to keep the Liverpool Reds in the Preeemier League, FSG don't give a fuck.

Irrelimendi for £34m?

A) well done, Suarez now costs £60m !@#$%^&*

B) cue the Xabi bid

Hefty fee for a DM I thought. I just hope we open our eyes and stand up for our interests. It must be on the urging of Madrid, not a day passes now without Suarez coming up with some crap trying to make a case for his transfer by heaping pressure on us. We must be firm, won't sell for a penny less than 50 mil. Secondly, we won't sell to a domesticl rival club. But my fear is we're going to relent as time goes by, which Madrid are exactly banking on.

Depends when de Boer means by going back doesn't it?

What do you reckon?

Going back to the start of the season (intimating that we went more direct later in the season)? Or our 70s and 80s heyday?

I think the latter personally.

I don't think you could call Rafa possession football (although obviously at times it was) and certainly not Houllier. Evans perhaps though.

I don't know what his touchstone is, but find it interesting anyway. I keep reading about this possession football/swanseola we are playing and don't get it. It's just nice to know you are not alone.

See what you've just done therevivalist? You breakfast porridge packing !@#$%^&*. Censor this you twat. You've added another 200 self important posts of his before the weekend. Hope you are happy you gave him a platform.

I'm not sure about porridge but you don't seem to have much appetite for differing views on this forum, do you, our little tea pot dictator? And opinions are all self-important and if you don't like them, you don't have to read them. Censorship is for the tyrants and their ilk and has no place on this forum which is meant to promote conversation and debate conducted in a civil manner, which Jsims and myself have to tried to do.

Real Madrid fans who attended Illarramendi's presentation chanted: "We want (Gareth) Bale"

You would think that Isco and the new Xabi might suffice, those spoilt fans ain't messing about, somewhere on a Real Madrid forum they are moaning about the quality of their signings.

Impatient spoilt fans, can see seeds of their downfall.

I don't know what his touchstone is' date=' but find it interesting anyway. I keep reading about this possession football/swanseola we are playing and don't get it. It's just nice to know you are not alone.[/quote']

Ok Mr football savant, what do you and de Boer know that the rest of us don't? Do we not actually keep possession of the ball, is it all an illusion?

Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that De Boer hasn't watched us under Rodgers, piscinin? You may not like Rodgers, but what do we play under him if it isn't the exact type of football that would suit a player like Eriksen?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he has seen us and thought that a team that plays as vertical as we do wouldn't suit Eriksen?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he has seen us and thought that a team that plays as vertical as we do wouldn't suit Eriksen?

And yet it would suit the likes of Coutinho? Your starting position is that you don't like Rodgers and you're just making the quotes fit. Why would the manager of Ajax know the intricacies of how we play; it's not like we're rivals is it?

And yet it would suit the likes of Coutinho? Your starting position is that you don't like Rodgers and you're just making the quotes fit. Why would the manager of Ajax know the intricacies of how we play; it's not like we're rivals is it?

No my starting position was, I don't think this fella has what it takes to mould a possession based team a la Swansea out of the players he has, especially if he makes Gerrard the focal point of the midfield instead of Allen.

And I'm not shocked that a successful football manager is aware of the prevailing footballing style at the worlds leading clubs. I mean it's not like these teams are constantly studying each other in order to improve themselves by the 0.1% that will be the difference between winning and losing.