You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why is it a mystery?!

He was worth the risk, german player of the year, and a current madrid player.

Exactly! Why wasn't he given more of a chance with that track record?

He came just off an injury and was shit slow.

Again they knew this when he was brought in so should've been expected.

You wanted him to play defensive mid?! He was wayyyyy too slow for that position, slower than lucas. So we didnt pay anymore wages and waste anymore money...that was the bang on right thing to do.

Whatever position that got the best out of him or else it was a waste of time and money. Rodgers should've had a plan. The whole thing looks like he never had one. Hey I could be wrong and the minute he turned up he acted the complete arse so got binned and rightly so.

Yessil is 19, he played and started a game for us (west brom in the cup i think) and he looked abit lost and his first touch was poor.....so out he went.

One dodgy game and he gets binned. What a confidence booster that must've been!

Assaidi looks promising, he got injured, went to africa cup of nations and i think he will get his chance.

How many youth players has rodgers given a chance to this season? Loads!

Really? Anyone different than who Kenny gave a chance to. Was it Kenny or Brendan that gave Wisdom his break?

8 months in the job, under pressure, and you expect him to turn turn yessil into a first team player?! Come on be serious......No, but give the kid a fair shake. He has to prove to FSG that he can polish these rough stones and make them shine. He doesn't and those purse strings are gonna tighten stiffer than a nuns legs in a whore house.

BTW This isn't meant to be a Brendan bashing session

Edited by The Acolyte

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it a mystery?!

He was worth the risk, german player of the year, and a current madrid player.

He came just off an injury and was shit slow.

You wanted him to play defensive mid?! He was wayyyyy too slow for that position, slower than lucas. So we didnt pay anymore wages and waste anymore money...that was the bang on right thing to do.

Yessil is 19, he played and started a game for us (west brom in the cup i think) and he looked abit lost and his first touch was poor.....so out he went.

Assaidi looks promising, he got injured, went to africa cup of nations and i think he will get his chance.

8 months in the job, under pressure, and you expect him to turn turn yessil into a first team player?! Come on be serious......

Yesil has started 2 games and was excellent v West Brom but disappointed in the first half against Swansea.Hooking him at half time and denying him some time with Suarez was the wrong thing to do.

Yesil has started 2 games and was excellent v West Brom but disappointed in the first half against Swansea.Hooking him at half time and denying him some time with Suarez was the wrong thing to do.

He wasn't just disappointing he was terrible, it could have gone either way. He could have stayed on and had his confidence shot to bits, taken off and had his confidence shot to bits through lack of trust. Or taking him off and showing him the harsh reality of professional football, that if you don't perform you don't play.

Fortunately he looks to have gotten back on track with the under 21's up until his injury of course.

He wasn't just disappointing he was terrible, it could have gone either way. He could have stayed on and had his confidence shot to bits, taken off and had his confidence shot to bits through lack of trust. Or taking him off and showing him the harsh reality of professional football, that if you don't perform you don't play.

Fortunately he looks to have gotten back on track with the under 21's up until his injury of course.

He was on his own up front at the time while Suarez sat on the bench.

Giving him 10 or 15 minutes along side a world class striker would have done wonders for his confidence.

You try to build it up at his age and not knock it.

He was on his own up front at the time while Suarez sat on the bench.

Giving him 10 or 15 minutes along side a world class striker would have done wonders for his confidence.

You try to build it up at his age and not knock it.

Yea I agree mate but if you're playing bad the someone like Suarez is on and your in awe of him at that young age, some would go into a shell.

We all know what Luis is like! Imagine 2 or 3 misplaced passes his way he would be on him like a shot. He done it to Sterling a few times earlier on in the season.

BTW This isn't meant to be a Brendan bashing session

xactly! Why wasn't he given more of a chance with that track record?

I think the arsenal game was too soon. He got destroyed and was way off the pace. Then i think our run of bad form meant Brendan shit himself abit and the pressure of needing wins meant he couldnt give him more game time.

But i honestly believe his lack of pace was the decisive factor. No point in paying him more wages and losing more money....

Whatever position that got the best out of him or else it was a waste of time and money. Rodgers should've had a plan. The whole thing looks like he never had one. Hey I could be wrong and the minute he turned up he acted the complete arse so got binned and rightly so.

He didnt seem the type of act up, and ther were no press stories about it. Just him saying "play me where im used to"

Bit unfair to say we didnt have a plan, i think we hoped he would be good enough to play and cover lucas while he was out.....sadly his injury looks to have screwed him up abit

Really? Anyone different than who Kenny gave a chance to. Was it Kenny or Brendan that gave Wisdom his break?

Not saying kenny didnt mate, but brendan rodgers gave them more game time and played them in the same team more.

We had games where our right side was 18 years old (sterling and wisdom) and we still looked good. Some games we had 5 or 6 all at the same time and still played well....i think his system allows that.

i also think it was a brilliant way to give them experience and give certain players a kick up the arse.......it worked well, and it was a brave thing to do so soon in the job.

8 months in the job, under pressure, and you expect him to turn turn yessil into a first team player?! No, but give the kid a fair shake. He has to prove to FSG that he can polish these rough stones and make them shine. He doesn't and those purse strings are gonna tighten stiffer than a nuns legs in a whore house.

Thats a little unfair, he is at the biggest job of his life at 39 years old. A massive gamble that i personally think will pay off if we give him time.

Expecting too much to soon will kill us as a club right now.

I think he felt the pressure at the start cus we kept on losing, im really happy that he is here and that he does win games with some great football at times.

I genuinely believe he will get as close as any manager to winning us this league

I love the way he celebrates a goal, the club and the job means alot to him already i think.

Ah sorry, got the games mixed up.

I think he is a touch raw yet...he looks like a great goal scorer/finisher though

But i think in Brendans team the number 1 thing you need is a first touch, without that we lose the ball and it doesnt work. I thought yesil's first touch could be better.

Ah sorry' date=' got the games mixed up.

I think he is a touch raw yet...he looks like a great goal scorer/finisher though

But i think in Brendans team the number 1 thing you need is a first touch, without that we lose the ball and it doesnt work. I thought yesil's first touch could be better.[/quote']

Agree about his first touch but it didnt look any worse than Shelveys does and hes played quite a bit.

If there is not enough space on bench for both of them, I would definitely have Oussama there before Sterling, as an impact player. We all know that Raheem has talent and will grow, but Assaidi is 24 (maybe 25 ) years old, so he should be tried now, and not just because of the age, but he seems better currently than Raheem.

I would maybe even start him in some games until the end of season with Luis and Sturridge.

If there is not enough space on bench for both of them, I would definitely have Oussama there before Sterling, as an impact player. We all know that Raheem has talent and will grow, but Assaidi is 24 (maybe 25 ) years old, so he should be tried now, and not just because of the age, but he seems better currently than Raheem.

I would maybe even start him in some games until the end of season with Luis and Sturridge.

Is he good in training?

Sorry, did I say 'twice'? I meant 'five times'.

He is nearly 7 years older as well.

Don't see why you need to criticise Sterling, a promising youngster, to praise Assaidi.

He does look like he has enough in his locker to make defenders nervous. Which is enough sometimes to put the opposition on the backfoot.

I'd definitely like to see him get more runs out just to see if he can start finding his feet a bit.

Otherwise hes just going to turn into another one of those players who gets called shit by every Tom,Dick and Harry without said player playing more than a handful of games for us.

Barret does my fucking nut in like the other Journos yeah he does have a bit of knowledge but he paints his opinions as facts its really fucking annoying because clown listen to him word by word and start harrasing Players and staff, abusing them etc also it doesnt exactly help the team the stuff with Skrtel and Assaidi he said fuck all about them being injured did he just came to his thought up conclusion. Pisses me off because people like him shitstir more than any and are listened to.

Sorry, did I say 'twice'? I meant 'five times'.

Hope we see a lot more of him, he's got end product and his first thought is to take a person on. Manna from heaven.

Same here, completely agree with what you say about his first thought is to go at his fullback, this is where Sterling fails, the majority of the time Sterling is caught in 2 minds what to do which makes him hesitant, its clear as day and while it is frustrating right now it shouldn't be a long term problem as experience and coaching should hopefully get rid of it.

Apart from 1 or 2 misplaced passes i thought Assaidi was quality the other night, hes unpredicatble in a good way, see no reason why he cant be some use to the team.

Would be nice to see him get 5 or 6 games on the trot to see just how handy he can be for us.

Bin laden looks good

He has loads of skills, a nice touch, and awareness about his game.

Sterling will come good i have no doubts about that. He is 18 and we are expecting too much. He did take players on in the first few months, we over played him (mainly because others were shit) and he lost confidence.

The expectancy on him is far too high for a kid of his age. He has a really good football brain and he will be a huge success.

Same here' date=' completely agree with what you say about his first thought is to go at his fullback, this is where Sterling fails, the majority of the time Sterling is caught in 2 minds what to do which makes him hesitant, its clear as day and while it is frustrating right now it shouldn't be a long term problem as experience and coaching should hopefully get rid of it.

Apart from 1 or 2 misplaced passes i thought Assaidi was quality the other night, hes unpredicatble in a good way, see no reason why he cant be some use to the team.

Would be nice to see him get 5 or 6 games on the trot to see just how handy he can be for us.[/quote']

I realise this sounds a bit of a derogatory statement,which it isnt because i like Asssidi but he reminds me of a more skilful Ronnie Rosenthal.

Barret does my fucking nut in like the other Journos yeah he does have a bit of knowledge but he paints his opinions as facts its really fucking annoying because clown listen to him word by word and start harrasing Players and staff, abusing them etc also it doesnt exactly help the team the stuff with Skrtel and Assaidi he said fuck all about them being injured did he just came to his thought up conclusion. Pisses me off because people like him shitstir more than any and are listened to.

Barret hasn't got a clue IMHO. I've heard him being interviewed loads of times on lfctv talking about old games and blatantly getting his facts wrong. If he went head to head with me on lfc stuff between early 70s and early 90s,basically our era, he would loose. And the liikes of him and that other tosser that works for the times, the one that reckoned we were being bought by china,actually influence the thinking of our clueless owners. No wonder we are so far behind.

I'd lose any argument on football history. I've no memory for it I've friends who can tell you the score from a game two years ago who scored them and how good they were, I can't even remember the goal scorers from the Swansea game, I just don't retain that shit.

Weird how the mind works, my dad was shit at math unless you put a pound sign in front of it, "dad whats 17 x 84", "fuck knows son", "dad whats £17 x £84", "its £1428 and not a penny less". The arl miser.

I'd lose any argument on football history. I've no memory for it I've friends who can tell you the score from a game two years ago who scored them and how good they were, I can't even remember the goal scorers from the Swansea game, I just don't retain that shit.

Weird how the mind works, my dad was shit at math unless you put a pound sign in front of it, "dad whats 17 x 84", "fuck knows son", "dad whats £17 x £84", "its £1428 and not a penny less". The arl miser.

That's fine. There's nothing wrong with having a bad memory,and loads of my mates who have been going the games for years will regularly come up to me and ask about a game 20 years ago and most of the time I can remember. But barret is a pro journo who's paid to write about lfc and football in general, so you would think he would at least have unquestionable knowledge. Some of these twats are the reason why we've got Brendan Rodgers as manager instead of a European cup winner or a 4 times league championship winning manager. Our owners consult with people like them and people like Atk, and as I say no wonder were in the position we are now.