You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 06/04/2024 at 22:59, an tha said:

Long shot prediction.

McIntyre beats Rollins but Priest cashes in on him. Setting up a short Priest/McIntyre programme that ends at the PPV in Glasgow in June with McIntyre winning belt 'at home'.

It protrects the MITB concept with Priest cashing in and holding the title for a bit, and although Priest is a heel and McIntyre is too, McIntyre won't be one in Scotland  (ala Bret Hart in Canada when he was on his heel run) and he'll get cheered massively and create a 'moment' winning belt at home....and Priest is expendable enough to not be hurt by a short title reign and can drop back to the midcard no problem.

McIntyre then moves on to the long awaited programme with Punk when Punk returns and eventually drops the belt to Punk.

As for the whole bloodline/Rhodes stuff - I fear it will be an overbooked mess across both nights sadly.

As i was saying.....

The ending was superb. Perfectly executed.

MITB concept is protected.

McIntyre has a nice little placeholder feud until Punk is fit, and will win belt in Scotland in June in meantime before what will be a superb programme with Punk.

Sensible and logical booking at its best.

God I hate these youtube belle ds getting involved in fucking everything. All so they can sell the shite products 

It's literally a paid for belt, sponsorship for views and a belt

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

What should've happened happened with all the run ins except the Undertaker, who was not relevant whatsoever.

I'd imagine SCSA said fuck off, not doing that shite.

Was just an overbooked mess. Nonsense.

But at least the belt is on the right man in the end and can go back to being a feature of weekly tv and have some decent feuds over it.

It sort of dovetails with the "things that let you know you are getting older thread" in the sense that if I ever watch wrestling now all I do is worry about their spines. 

I didn't watch Wreslemania, I haven't been into wrestling since my early 20s but a friend of mine did said it was a banger. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

What should've happened happened with all the run ins except the Undertaker, who was not relevant whatsoever.

Come on, cheap WM pop and, despite what Rock says when selling it, he's really the final boss. As a punchline to that schtick it's fun, it's fine. 

Just hope we don't get a mess of a part-time feud running into next year...

The pop when rhodes won was immense - yeah it was a load of nonsense to get there but they put belt on right man in the end and the scenes after were great.

The ring announcer even sold brilliantly!

15 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Brilliant.

Ridiculous, but brilliant.

Yep.

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Given Austin v The Rock’s Wrestlemania history, he would have made way more sense. 

17 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The woman gave come on leaps a d bounds tbd last 15/20 years. Really good match that. 

Indeed some of them are now almost half as good as Manami Toyota & Akira Hokuto.

While that sounds like damning with faint praise it's actually quite the compliment.

But other than the Japanese girls only Bayley in the WWE would be good enough to compete with mid 90's Japan.

19 hours ago, Lee909 said:

God I hate these youtube belle ds getting involved in fucking everything. All so they can sell the shite products 

It's literally a paid for belt, sponsorship for views and a belt

I can't stand Paul or that whole culture he has risen from - but you have to give the lad credit for how well he works for a novice.