You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For anybody, like me, who hasn't heard it yet and, like me, was expecting there to be a link to it in here already, but, like me, your disgusted at the lazy cunts who've posted above not bothered to link it, here it is:

Mendoza posted it nine or ten hours ago.

• Upvote 1

For anybody, like me, who hasn't heard it yet and, like me, was expecting there to be a link to it in here already, but, like me, your disgusted at the lazy cunts who've posted above not bothered to link it, here it is:

What about the cunts too lazy to go back one page and find it posted there? What about them, eh? I'll gracefully accept your apology because I'm a great person.

I like it. Not the best song they've ever done but it was never going to be was it? I'm looking forward to hearing it live.

• Upvote 1

What about the cunts too lazy to go back one page and find it posted there? What about them, eh?

I know, I know! My daughter has been up all night and I missed it.

It's growing on me a bit but it's not great. The lyrics are what I'd expect a high school band to come up with.

I know, I know! My daughter has been up all night and I missed it.

It's growing on me a bit but it's not great. The lyrics are what I'd expect a high school band to come up with.

As someone with a 3 month old daughter I'll accept that as a valid excuse.

Normally I don't get hung up on lyrics, but they could have done better there no question. I still like it though.

Merely OK, total filler, as a comeback after 20 years single, it does not auger well.

Perhaps they're keeping their powder dry ? Perhaps there is no more powder and they're now as dry as a nun's chuff ?

Drown the vocals in an ocean of reverb and hope nobody notices that Browny is an horrendous singer ? Good luck with that.

• Upvote 1

Merely OK, total filler, as a comeback after 20 years single, it does not auger well.

Perhaps they're keeping their powder dry ? Perhaps there is no more powder and they're now as dry as a nun's chuff ?

Drown the vocals in an ocean of reverb and hope nobody notices that Browny is an horrendous singer ? Good luck with that.

Anyone remember that old quote (Melody Maker, I think it was): "Best guitarist in the world, best bassist, best drummer...and Ian Brown on vocals"?

Was underwhelmed on first listen, listened to it a few more times now and i think it's alright. Not earth shatteringly brilliant, but they were never going to do that were they? People expecting an absolute recreation of something that was made in 1989 are fooling themselves.

I think they've played it a bit safe, understandably, with their first bit of music in 21 years. Hopefully an album will follow.  

Was underwhelmed on first listen, listened to it a few more times now and i think it's alright. Not earth shatteringly brilliant, but they were never going to do that were they? People expecting an absolute recreation of something that was made in 1989 are fooling themselves.

I think they've played it a bit safe, understandably, with their first bit of music in 21 years. Hopefully an album will follow.  

I just wanted something that didn't make me cringe! 

I've just seen that the physical release (7" or CD) doesn't have any b-sides, so I'm wondering how much they have actually recorded.

I've just seen that the physical release (7" or CD) doesn't have any b-sides, so I'm wondering how much they have actually recorded.

Not even the tried and trusted "instrumental version"?

Where are you seeing this? I can't see anything on Amazon.

I'd like to hear it through my stereo because this digital shit sounds fucking awful & I'd like to check if Mani is actually on the track.

Not even the best band Manchester has produced.

Stig is talking about Oasis there isn't he? Probably not even the best band Burnage has produced.

The Smiths, Joy Division/New Order, The Stone Roses, even James are all miles better than Oasis.