You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) - CL, Wed 7th Sep 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I wonder if it’s just a jaded feeling after last season, you play an almost perfect season, keep going past you’re already burnt out weeks ago only to lose the league by a point to an oil state and the CL to one goal despite dominating the game. You might just think, what’s the point?

And then see the owners spend fuck all so you stand still. 

I was mentally jaded after last season and had no interest in footy at the start of the season so God knows what some of the players experiencing it first hand felt.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Agree to an extent but when do you start judging a £75m signing?

You're not allowed to judge him. You're not a true fan unless you accept his shit performancs, even if the evidence in front of your eyes tells you he's the Uruguayan Andy Carroll. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Agree to an extent but when do you start judging a £75m signing?

You can start judging him straight away if you want, some of us will give him more time.

We can see that divide quite clearly on the forum & it'll probably get worse before it gets better, the way the team are playing.

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

You're not allowed to judge him. You're not a true fan unless you accept his shit performancs, even if the evidence in front of your eyes tells you he's the Uruguayan Andy Carroll. 

Come on, he’s hardly played. Let the lad have a run of games.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think we need to try 4231.

Full backs as full backs, no fucking around, so that Matip and Virgil aren't chasing balls pumped down the flanks.  

Two midfielders battling.

Three attackers playing behind Nunez.

And then in January we need to buy another similar striker. If we're going to play with a Nunez then we have to commit to it, buy someone like Ivan Toney.  

I'd happily raise money by selling Trent and Salah.  Their regression is shocking, to the point it looks attitude-based, and that cannot be good to have around the team. 

I think 4231 would be too narrow, the full backs will need help from the wide midfielders/wingers if they are expected to primarily defend.   I think if we're going to try something new we should solidify, find a good base to work from and, sadly, become less fluid.

We should probably try something though as the midfield is non existent and completely unsuited to the current system.

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

Anyone judging Nunez in this shitshow of a team is being very unfair to say the least.

It's not questioning him but rather why we bought him and how he fits in? He's not the typical forward we've been bringing over the last six years and is a far more direct classic centre forward. I don't see the adaption so far, it may just take time. 

If we had started the game with the team that finished it, we wouldn't have got beat.  But we know that wasn't possible because the subs are not match fit.  They will be in a week or two though.  Thiago already looks like the best player in the team again.

Robertson - he's the only issue I have with Klopp.  He should not be playing. 

The efforts last season,the shortened pre season and lack of investment are all factors, add to that injuries, loss of form and even a few looking pissed off and a shit storm is brewing.

Klopp needs to get a handle on it asap though, before it’s too late. A few of those players are basically not arsed, which is not on.

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I probably shouldn’t ask, but why is this all down to Ljinder’s book? 

It’s obviously not down to Lijnders book, and I’m not particularly superstitious but it is tempting fate to bring out a book named intensity only for the team to seemingly lose any semblance of it about a month later. It just has the potential to invite ridicule to be honest and thats about the top and bottom of it.  

• Upvote 2

Even if Nunez starts scoring almost every game, we probably won't become  a better team. His overall game is that bad. Even City with Haaland having more goals than games played, you still get De Bruyne and Guardiola saying in interviews that he's not adjusted to the style.

And Jesus Christ, the Gomez contract extension. The guy has looked like a League Two player since he came back from his knee stuff.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

If we had started the game with the team that finished it, we wouldn't have got beat.  But we know that wasn't possible because the subs are not match fit.  They will be in a week or two though.  Thiago already looks like the best player in the team again.

Robertson - he's the only issue I have with Klopp.  He should not be playing. 

Arthur looks like Henderson. I'm surprised you haven't commented on that. 

Play Diaz in the Suarez role or on the right. For all his great play he doesn’t actually create anything from out wide and unbalances us.  

Mo’s finished on the right now. Can’t keep persisting with this now. Get him on the left and give us some balance and natural width on his proper foot. Inverted wingers aren’t helping this side at all.