You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

7 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The generalisation about immigrants is horrible...and the food analogy is shit too. "They've come for milk and honey". We have loads of that stuff. More than enough to go around. 

I'm just happy that I now know that there's an extremist mosque by ours. I wonder which one it is?*

* Spoiler: there isn't one. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's obviously a complex, multifaceted issue that can see some people go from, in some cases, non-devout Muslims or not even Muslims in the first place and relatively placid people with no profile who are then happy to either travel to an inhumane caliphate or do mad shit like blow themselves up or partake in violent missions which will likely end in their own death. 

Scholars and writers with expertise in this area have studied why this drastic change in a person can happen and believe many factors to be in play - including religion and how fellow Muslims are treated in military conflicts around the world. 

But, irrespective of all this, some people won't move beyond their narrow minded stance that their religion is the only possible factor that motivates these people. 

I'll stick with paying attention to the people with expertise in the field. 

In that case you’d expect to see an equal number of non-religious motivated suicide bombers.  

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Lots. 

A Scottish Doctor. 

Superb. 

For example you fucking cretin. 

Mi5 - “two thirds of British suspects have a middle class profile and those who want to become suicide bombers are often the most educated”

69% of ISIS recruits had at least secondary education and world bank study found no link between educational level and radicalisation. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/05/islamic-state-recruits-world-bank-study-education-boko-haram

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

In that case you’d expect to see an equal number of non-religious motivated suicide bombers.  

Maybe they'd rather have more conventional weapons if they could get hold of them...perhaps that would give them more legitimacy like the US/UK terrorists. 

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Until they actually do something what they can do?

You cant nick someone on the basis that they may do something. 

People keep saying that. My thought is - get them at the conspiracy stage. Conspiracy to do X. The way some people are saying it you have to wait until someone commits a terrorist act before you can arrest them and I'm pretty sure that is untrue if you find them conspiring to do so but I'm not a lawyer. 

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is a false narrative too. Lots of the terrorists are highly educated.  The bloke in Scotland was a doctor for example.  

I think I read a study that says UK homegrown terrorists have on average been better educated but this appears to get unique to us and more recent nutters (London Bridge, streatham, borough market etc) have been below average. Even the quality of terrorist education is going down in this country ! 

If this guy has got a degree from a decent university, you can Pm me and I will send you a bottle of wine. Is that a bet ? 

2 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Maybe they'd rather have more conventional weapons if they could get hold of them...perhaps that would give them more legitimacy like the US/UK terrorists. 

So suicide bombing does have a religious element. Those lovely virgins. 

So why aren’t we seeing an equal number of knife attacks, or any other type of attack? 

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

People keep saying that. My thought is - get them at the conspiracy stage. Conspiracy to do X. The way some people are saying it you have to wait until someone commits a terrorist act before you can arrest them and I'm pretty sure that is untrue if you find them conspiring to do so but I'm not a lawyer. 

You have to have evidence of a conspiracy. Someone being on a watch list does not mean you have evidence of a conspiracy, just that you are suspicious of their behaviour or associations.

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

For example you fucking cretin. 

Mi5 - “two thirds of British suspects have a middle class profile and those who want to become suicide bombers are often the most educated”

69% of ISIS recruits had at least secondary education and world bank study found no link between educational level and radicalisation. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/05/islamic-state-recruits-world-bank-study-education-boko-haram

That's from 2016. Does secondary education constitute "highly educated?c

Anything more up to date? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

So suicide bombing does have a religious element. Those lovely virgins. 

So why aren’t we seeing an equal number of knife attacks, or any other type of attack? 

Apparently it’s a mistranslation and the original text actually promised barrels of olive oil. Having slept with a couple of virgins when I was much younger, I’d rather have the olive oil. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think I read a study that says UK homegrown terrorists have on average been better educated but this appears to get unique to us and more recent nutters (London Bridge, streatham, borough market etc) have been below average. Even the quality of terrorist education is going down in this country ! 

If this guy has got a degree from a decent university, you can Pm me and I will send you a bottle of wine. Is that a bet ? 

It isn’t unique to the U.K.  read the article I’ve just posted. 

Well, that isn’t a bet is it?  Feel free to send me wine if you want but if he’s not reached your arbitrary level of ‘decent’ education it proves nothing. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

It isn’t unique to the U.K.  read the article I’ve just posted. 

Well, that isn’t a bet is it?  Feel free to send me wine if you want but if he’s not reached your arbitrary level of ‘decent’ education it proves nothing. 

Well let’s see. I’m not going to fall out over the education of a dead nutter. My wider point is that nothing we do or don’t do in the Middle east is going to put this genie back in the bottle now.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fairly intresting fact just coming in from terrorist watch UK. 

A Liverpool cabbie and a pissed up Glaswegian on his way to Benidorm have foiled more terror attacks on our country this past 10 years than both MI5 and MI6 put together.

Clueless twats