You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

Cant win the title with our defence. 3 clean sheets in the past 4 games is terrible.

People do realise that of the 21 goals we have conceded through 19 games,7 were in two freak games. So 14 goals in the other 17 games.

Yeah we are a shamples

i dont mind garth crooks surely he is there for comedy value comes across as a loon talking complete bollocks i dont know how anyone can take him seriously and we should include paul merson

Don't get me started on Merson,I hate the thick cunt and don't even think he's remotely funny. I cringe when he's on that SkySports thingy. Nothing wrong with having a normal regional accent but he's a dribble chin moron.

Garth Crooks understands the streets, man.  The mean streets of the Potteries.  You've got the Tunstall niggas and you have the Burslem niggas.  If you're white and from Leek, you're a dead man.

I think you're all persecuting an endangered species, The nutjob sports pundit was already confined to isolated pockets of the BBC when Icke was driven into exile. Pale imitations of genuine loons such as Lawrensen and Merson have fooled no-one but in Crooks we have the last of his species . A 24 carat fruit loop that should be treasured. 

TOTW Jan 1st

On Valencia:

If there is one player they can count on, it's Valencia. The full-back is as safe as houses. Sometimes even exceptional defenders can't afford to be too proud to do what needs be done.

On Willian and Conte:

Liverpool boss Klopp and Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola spent the week stroking each other's artichokes prior to their meeting at Anfield, but neither of them can hold a candle to Antonio Conte and what he is doing with Willian and company at the moment.

On Pulis:

What Tony Pulis has going at The Hawthorns is nothing short of miraculous.

On Dele Alli:

Dele Alli is officially 'in the mood'. Just like the old Glenn Miller classic, the player looks upbeat and gets you on your feet.

Crooksy's latest biting commentary on Michael Dean:

I'm beginning to wonder if the Premier League can afford Mike Dean? He's bad for business.

When he sent off Southampton's Nathan Redmond for an innocuous trip on Tottenham's Dele Alli on 28 December I said then Dean should 'consider his position'. Now it's time for the Professional Game Match Official Board to carefully think through whether his judgement has become impaired.

He seems to be the only referee intent on ruining evenly balanced contests for the viewing public by sending players off totally unnecessarily. It's time for him to go.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Premier League can afford Mike Dean? He's bad for business.

When he sent off Southampton's Nathan Redmond for an innocuous trip on Tottenham's Dele Alli on 28 December I said then Dean should 'consider his position'. Now it's time for the Professional Game Match Official Board to carefully think through whether his judgement has become impaired.

He seems to be the only referee intent on ruining evenly balanced contests for the viewing public by sending players off totally unnecessarily. It's time for him to go.

Dean is no different than most of the incompetent pea blowers in the League.

When he sent off Southampton's Nathan Redmond for an innocuous trip on Tottenham's Dele Alli on 28 December I said then Dean should 'consider his position'. Now it's time for the Professional Game Match Official Board to carefully think through whether his judgement has become impaired.

Unless it is against Liverpool, presumably.

I think you're all persecuting an endangered species, The nutjob sports pundit was already confined to isolated pockets of the BBC when Icke was driven into exile. Pale imitations of genuine loons such as Lawrensen and Merson have fooled no-one but in Crooks we have the last of his species . A 24 carat fruit loop that should be treasured. 

Chris Sutton still somehow manages to survive in this habitat