You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

Youd think we were conceded 3 a game the way these go on. We have conceded 21 goals,only 4 teams have conceded 19 or under.

We have scored tbe same amount as Southampton and Man U combined(18 more goals than Mourinho). But they could win it cause they can defend.

Out of them 21 goals 11 came in 4 games. We still got 7 points from 12 in them games.

I like Garth Crooks for the very reason he makes me laugh and is completely bonkers.

No one takes him seriously and it a world of football punditry dominated by an ever growing band of agenda driven helmets he is a harmless side show. Only the BBC can still harbour such wackos and it will be a sad day when they all get swept aside by the Nevilles of this world.

A third of the goals conceded in 2 games and half in 4 games. We have played 18

They are talking out there arse.

Only Chelsea and Spurs have great defenses and Spurs are not scoring enough goals. Chelsea favourites after that its up in the air. We have a good chance

On Paul Pogba:

Pogba is only 23 and while I don't see a Bryan Robson or a Roy Keane (yet) there is still time.

What I do see, however, is a player coming to terms with the stage. We have lost some artistic giants in 2016: David Bowie, Alan Rickman and George Michael. All great performers who filled the stage with their presence. If Paul Pogba can do the same at Old Trafford then my prediction may only be out by just one season.

On Dele Alli and Mike Dean

As much as I really don't want to talk about Mike Dean again I'm starting to think that after his performance in Tottenham's demolition of Southampton the much heralded referee should seriously consider his position. He decided to send Nathan Redmond off for a clumsy trip which clearly impeded Alli when a penalty was punishment enough. To send the player off was cruel, bearing in mind Redmond had originally fouled the player outside the box. Once again Dean ruined a perfectly good contest with his over-officious nonsense. Thank goodness Alli saved the day with two moments of sheer inspiration.

On Toure:

Meanwhile Pep Guardiola, who audaciously left Toure out on a matter of principle earlier in the season, insists that it will be tough for City to catch Chelsea. Who does he think he's trying to kid? He may say that to us publicly but he knows that football is so unpredictable that anything is possible in a title chase. Just ask Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

Crooksy is back to his best. That Pogba bit is just insane.

That part is. Highlighted brilliantly by Lord Lee a few posts above.

Well I disagree. Of course with the attacking power we have it's possible that we'll win the league. But I don't think it's very likely, the three main reasons being that our squad is too thin and that we're not strong enough in defence and in goal.

I'd say out of the back five Clyne, Matip and Milner are good enough to play for any team in this league. The others are not, and over a season you normally need more than five players for those five positions.

Our defensive, and attacking, play is very dependent on agreessive pressing all over the pitch. If this doesn't work properly and we allow any pressure to our back five we look quite vulnerable.