You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

2 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m about to sign up for Tinder for the first time after being in a relationship for 12 years and I’m looking forward to it.

Has anyone had any really good experiences? 

I dont want want to be messing about on there if it’s basically just being used by prossies and grasping ho’s looking for a free meal.

Is it also right you need Facebook to be on it or is that just so it can filter out people you already know?

Tinder never really worked for me that well, had loads more success on Plenty of Fish. You get much more information on there than Tinder, where you basically know nothing about the other person.

Only downside is that I met my girlfriend on there (schoolboy error!) {joke in case she ever reads this}.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Tinder never really worked for me that well, had loads more success on Plenty of Fish. You get much more information on there than Tinder, where you basically know nothing about the other person.

Only downside is that I met my girlfriend on there (schoolboy error!) {joke in case she ever reads this}.

I’m hoping there’s plenty of decent options, the ex was definitely punching above her weight so looking for a trade up. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m hoping there’s plenty of decent options, the ex was definitely punching above her weight so looking for a trade up. 

With that sort of attitude you'll get nowhere, sonny. I hope you get knob crust. 

Joking, get fingering like a fucking Black and Decker drill. Breast of luck. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m about to sign up for Tinder for the first time after being in a relationship for 12 years and I’m looking forward to it.

Has anyone had any really good experiences? 

I dont want want to be messing about on there if it’s basically just being used by prossies and grasping ho’s looking for a free meal.

Is it also right you need Facebook to be on it or is that just so it can filter out people you already know?

Don't know how old you are, but if you're >30, I'd avoid Tinder. Unless you just want to get laid. But if you want to try that sort of app, Bumble is decent. Women have to message you first so their interest is often implied from the start. 

52 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If you want foreign women find a decent intercambio website. You do have to at least pretend to want to learn another language for a bit, though. 

Sounds like too much effort. I have heard that plenty of fish and bumble are decent so I’ll have a blast on that. It’s weird how your target market changes, I’m mid thirties and was shopping the other day when a lady in her late 40’s or so started trying to chat me up. Instead of being horrified I was thinking how she wasn’t in that bad nick and probably knew a few tricks. I was about to chance my arm but the two year old had a meltdown and killed the moment.

Still, might be worth splashing on a bit of Brut next time I go.

54 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Sounds like too much effort. I have heard that plenty of fish and bumble are decent so I’ll have a blast on that. It’s weird how your target market changes, I’m mid thirties and was shopping the other day when a lady in her late 40’s or so started trying to chat me up. Instead of being horrified I was thinking how she wasn’t in that bad nick and probably knew a few tricks. I was about to chance my arm but the two year old had a meltdown and killed the moment.

Splash er lad.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Don't know how old you are, but if you're >30, I'd avoid Tinder. Unless you just want to get laid. But if you want to try that sort of app, Bumble is decent. Women have to message you first so their interest is often implied from the start. 

I’m gutted I missed the Tinder “revolution”. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Woade said:

I feel women look at me different when I’m out with my daughter as well. They see the wedding ring so they can assume (incorrectly) I’m not a complete dick. They see my daughter, so assume (again incorrectly for them) my junk all works properly. They’ll see we have labelled clothes on so they think we have some money (for the 3rd time, incorrectly).

Make a joke with my daughter, make her hug me, come off as a good father and watch their heart melt. It doesn’t hurt that my daughter is the cutest as well. I’ve felt like saying “I can bob one of these into you if you want” a few times, but thought better of it. My wife wouldn’t be impressed. 

Reading that back, I’ve created my own version of the D.E.N.N.I.S system. In theory anyway. Implementation would be more like the C.H.A.R.L.I.E system.

81BDB46B-8A1D-415A-B251-22343151A96C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I feel women look at me different when I’m out with my daughter as well. They see the wedding ring so they can assume (incorrectly) I’m not a complete dick. They see my daughter, so assume (again incorrectly for them) my junk all works properly. They’ll see we have labelled clothes on so they think we have some money (for the 3rd time, incorrectly).

Make a joke with my daughter, make her hug me, come off as a good father and watch their heart melt. It doesn’t hurt that my daughter is the cutest as well. I’ve felt like saying “I can bob one of these into you if you want” a few times, but thought better of it. My wife wouldn’t be impressed. 

Reading that back, I’ve created my own version of the D.E.N.N.I.S system. In theory anyway. Implementation would be more like the C.H.A.R.L.I.E system.

81BDB46B-8A1D-415A-B251-22343151A96C.jpeg

Hell mate, you had me at "I feel.."

Had a fucking awkward one on Sunday. 

Was talking to her for a week or so and she seemed quite sound, bit too skinny for my usual taste but she was intelligent, easy to talk to, very switched on politically and very open minded when it came to bedroom activities. 

She turns up at mine sunday, I open the door and she’s over 6 fucking foot! She’s enormous.

Her profile said she was 5’9” and her photos were obviously carefully selected.

I started necking the red wine and gin and the conversation was ok. She had told me earlier in the week she had a reusable sanitary towel she put in the washing machine that probably should have set more alarm bells off. 

What really did it was the morning after when she started collecting the used johnnies out the bin and then explained she recycles them! 

6 fucking foot...

• Upvote 1

I’m stressed over going on it now as apparently selfies don’t cut the mustard. The only time anyone takes a picture of me these days is when I’m with my kids and that can’t go on a site like tinder or I’ll be mistaken for some sort of Vanessa George type. 

Getting stressed out as well now, reconnected with a girl I loved years ago who’s now single and we got on great, she made clear she was interested but she’s now either getting cold feet because she’s realised I’ve got baggage or she’s decided to play it cool. Fucking irritating.  

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Was talking to her for a week or so and she seemed quite sound, bit too skinny for my usual taste but she was intelligent, easy to talk to, very switched on politically and very open minded when it came to bedroom activities. 

She turns up at mine sunday, I open the door and she’s over 6 fucking foot! She’s enormous.

I started necking the red wine and gin and the conversation was ok. She had told me earlier in the week she had a reusable sanitary towel she put in the washing machine that probably should have set more alarm bells off. 

What really did it was the morning after when she started collecting the used johnnies out the bin and then explained she recycles them! 

6 fucking foot...

Sounds like you will shortly be a father (to a very tall baby).

Congratulations!

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

giphy.gif

You’ll be telling us she was drinking the leftovers next...

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

6 fucking foot...

Did she rest her pint on your head while you were going down on her?