You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck me trying to get Bains would make the Barry & Heinze saga look like a walk in the park. Not only would there be a British tax, there would be an extra redshite tax.

Good player though and is a an excellent example of a player who has made the right moves in his career, after being rejected in his early years.

I don't think he's that good a manager and isn't good enough for a side that wants to be in the top 4.

Yeah I can't see any of the top 6 hiring him. Spurs might be a slim possibility if 'arry gets the England job. Pretty much every other team in the league would be a step sideways and if things don't work out in first few months your out of a job.

I'd rate Moyes similarly to Martin O'Neill and its hard to see what his next career move will be too.

We have easily a good enough squad for top 8? We took 4 points of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. As well as all 6 of City.

Love that.

Both times we played them we under huge upheaval and come the second game against them (can't remember if it was home or away) we were on our 3rd manager in a year!

Spurs were distracted with the CL, Chelsea were toothless and had a miserable season overall and City took nearly a whole season to pick the right XI and cracked it winning the FA Cup. One of the other comments on that page had someone point out that they have blown millions on dross and flogged Lescott for silly money which promptly disappeared.

That is what annoys me! Bias aside (and I am, and I am not objective) each year goes by, another Pulis reaches the FA Cup final, Moyes greatest achievement, with less money, another McLeish wins a trophy (something Moyes hasn't done). And each year there is little or no criticism, it is a little like Hodgson's 'successful' managerial record, somewhere along the line you expect somebody to come out and ask 'What record?' but they never do. The British media regurgitate the same baseless statements about Moyes being one of our 'brightest' managers and don't stop to ponder why they are still talking about promise after 11 fucking years!

Is Gollum and McLeish the same age? If so achievement wise McLeish pisses all over him and how long has he been managing in England?

People also forget Moyes is nearly the same age as Rafa and you wouldn't even put the same in the same bracket.

Here we go, 2001, 38 years old and 'the best young manager in football' !

BBC SPORT | EVERTON | Moyes sets sights

Almost 50 now and managed to win -----!

Crazy really, and teams with half his wage and transfer budget have managed to reach finals and even win them in some cases, so he can't really complain that its the money holding him back.

Shows what a good media relationship can do to your reputation.

He's stayed there too long he should have moved 2 years ago, maybe he's found his comfort zone and lacks the real ambition to take a risk and leave them. Nobody expects him to achieve much over there and if it goes tits up he's got a ready made excuse about investment etc.

Spot on for me, that.

Spot on for me, that.

Or maybe he really does love being there and hopes for the chance to push them on?

I rate Moyes; I'm really pleased he didn't go to Villa tho' as I reckon he'd have improved them no-end.

He is a one dimensional pile of shite, who has been an up and coming manager for 11 years now, and managed to achieve the same as Pulis and Denis Wise!

Agreed.

You don't need World Class players to play good football, and Moyes has no interest in playing good football, the shithouse.

Guest San Don

gollum is like someone with a lottery ticket only he's hoping his big win is a mega rich owner who will finally give the shite some hope of investment.

If he's as clever as lots of people say he is, he must know he has fuck all chance of it happening.

Made me laugh when he explained why he didnt express an interest in the villa job was because he 'never leaves a job unfinished.'

Shame he didnt tell the PNE fans that when he left his last 'unfinished' job of trying to get them into the Prem!

Guest Gucci_Ledge
I don't know if I could handle the abuse from them if that happened though. It'd just feel sly doing that to them.

On Moyes, I think you have to commend his loyalty to them. The only realistic move for him would have been Villa which is pretty much sideways, but perhaps a more ambitious club with actual money.

Surely one of the worst things ever written.

How could anyone ever feel sly on that lot, they're fucking horrible. I hate them far more than man united, personally. And don't know one lad that doesn't. Derby day is a warzone or at best a strained atmosphere even between the best of mates, the friendly derby is a myth for the so called 'arl arses', they're horrible and i would love nothing more than to take their only good player from them. it kills them that Baines is a red too, i've had many an arguement about it. Once I have seen a blue's eyes well up with actual tears after being told Baines was a red.

Agree with the posts saying moyes will never leave. I can see him being there for another 10-15 years, I just don't see why he would leave? He is one of the highest paid managers in world football and after Ferguson probably the 2nd or 3rd highest paid manager. He's on about £4m+ a year because the board know they're fucked if he left. He isn't good enough to manage a big club, but he earns too much to manage a medium-small club. Celtic can't afford his wages either, otherwise he'd have been there by now. Man United won't want him, people always say this but why would they want him? He doesn't have the credentials, and his football is terrible. They will be after Mourinho and Guardiola not David Moyes.

99% of the everton fans are behind him, he's highly rated by the media for working at a skint club, he hates Liverpool too so the media also like that. his job is safe for life.

I think he is a garbage manager as far as football goes, but he IS the club. He commands 100% respect and admittedly has a decent eye for cheap players so he always does enough to get them to safety.

After Roy crashed and burned, Moyes is now the most overrated manager in England. An average manager who has done nothing but keep the shite floating in mid table, which is where his squad belongs so I don't get the praise he gets for the job he's doing. Although I guess he does deserve credit for building that squad with fuck all investment from Kenwright.

I think he's a good manager, not a great one. He's always got the shite fired up and they play out of their skins most of the time. Only a good manager can get that shit squad he has to consistently finish in the top half of the table. But looks to be in a comfort zone now. If he moves up a level to a team that genuinely has some expectations, I can see him struggling. He's much better than McLeish though, and about the same ability as O'Neil.

Good motivator, gets his team well organised. But if he moves up a level, he will flop.

With comments like that from Luvvie Bill' date=' blowing smoke up his arse, and who knows what else, why would he want to be giving up £3M a year to have to be a manager in the real world and be expected to win something?[/quote']

This.

One minute EFC fans are boasting a professionally responsibly locally run club, then we get our house in order and it's ' sack the board and sell to the first Arab'.