You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How fucking dare you, Del Bosque, you fucking cunt!

Unrighteous

SPAIN WANT TORRES REST

Spanish national team coach Vicente del Bosque has urged Fernando Torres to delay his return from injury with Liverpool.

Torres returned to training in midweek following a lay-off with a knee problem and is line to return for the clash with Wigan on March 8.

European Champions Spain are amongst the favourites to take the Word Cup crown in July and the 59-year-old says his country's chances are improved by Torres being kept out of action.

The comments could anger Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who has seen his talisman play just 21 times this season.

He has notched 12 goals during an injury ravaged campaign that has seen the club struggle to hold onto the coveted fourth Champions League place.

Torres' recent battle with a groin problem was sustained whilst on international duty with Spain, reigniting the club versus country row that provides the backdrop to national team fixtures.

But del Bosque wants the 25-year-old to play less for the Merseysiders in an attempt to keep him in top condition for this summer's finals in South Africa.

He told the News of the World: "The fewer games Fernando plays for his club, the better it will be for us.

"We want him not to play too many games, to recover completely for the World Cup and have had some rest in between. We'd like him fresh for the tournament.

"That can only be good news for Spain. We hope Liverpool's loss will be our gain.

"Fernando Torres represents a crucial part of our squad."

--------------------------------

Fucking shit hound. I hope he gets a scorching case of herpes.

Football365 | All The News | Football News | SPAIN WANT TORRES REST

Errmmm the club pays his bloody wages so how can it be considered the same.

We are both self interested, we both, us fans and del Bosque want whats best for 'our teams'.

I'm not saying its right but I'd love it if Torres and gerrard retired from international football, selfish, yes. But fuck international football.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Fuck all wrong with what he said, he has absolutely no loyalty to us whatsoever

Although I'd have thought he'd want Torres to play as many games for us as possible in the run up to get some sharpness, as opposed to having to play himself into form during the tournament.

When you actually read Del Bosques quotes there is not really a lot wrong with what he says. He wants the best for his team is all. He was probably asked what did he think about Torres's injury and would it hamper their world club, and answered in a positive for his Spain side. Nothing to see here really.

He is one cheeky fucker.

When Spain start paying Nando's wages, then they can tell us what we can do with the player.

To be fair, he wasn't telling us to do anything. He was just saying what he'd like to see for his player.

He's wrong, but as others have said, it's his job to engineer the best situation for his team going into the World Cup so he'll try whatever he can to get that.

I would like our international players, who are expected to go to South Africa, to all suffer injuries in our final league game; the sort of injuries that take five to six weeks to clear up; a few fractured metatarsals, strained cruciate ligaments or cracked ribs. Then they could rest up for the summer and be ready for pre-season training. Fuck Del Bosque, fuck Cappello, fuck Spain, fuck England and fuck the fucking World Cup!

He's a cunt for wanting arguably his best player available for their most important matches? Come on Lance. Obviously it doesn't suit us, but it hardly makes him a cunt, does it?

We pay his wages, we have suffered for his injuries sustained playing for Spain, and if he wanted Nando fucking rested he wouldn't be playing him in every fucking meaningless friendly possible.

He's an absolute cunt in my eyes, for having the nerve to say something like that. I'd be thrilled to have Nando pulled out of the World Cup to rest for next season in response. Fucking Del Bosque.

I wouldn't really have a problem with any other coach/manager coming out and trying to do what is best for his national team. Lots of coaches and say it all the time. What i do object to though is that the amount of matches Torres has missed for Liverpool after blatant disregard for Torres' fitness didn't Liverpool make a special training programme for him and he came back injured after it being ignored?