You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Reaction

TheDrowningMan

I've been a staunch supporter of Rafa for years through most of the - in my opinion unnecessary - shit he was taking from late 2005 onwards. However, there can no longer be any excuses for this - It's reached the 'Houllier Point' where inconsistency with a glimmer of hope has been replaced by an obvious inability to motivate the team and the sort of selections rendered by a man who cannot be in strong enough control of his mental faculties to continue in the job.

Now, given the paucity of quality managers who happen to be available, our chances of securing one of the upper echelon at this point in the season are miniscule at best. To add to that, we know that our owners believe Jurgen Kuntsmann to one of the Europe's finer proponents of the managerial trade. About the only way I can realistically see us avoiding a disastrous stint helmed by this idiot - a stint for which, for the sake of my own sanity, I would respectfully remove myself from the sport of football entirely - is to beg Dalglish to take the job, with a review by both parties in the summer. Yeah, it's a retrograde move. Yeah, it will be met with sniggering from fans of the ambitious clubs who rival us. But it's probably the best we can do at this time.

I'm sorry, that's the best I can do. Ideas which don't involve despair, relegation and still being stuck on 18 while a certain side are hoisting aloft their 25th are welcome.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, I couldn't stand the modern day arsewhipes slagging off my hero should the results not go the way they wanted.

I do agree to a point, but given his role in the club he's about the only man I'd trust the owners to appoint at this point. If not Kenny, they'll think it's a golden opportunity to give Kuntsmann the job, who I loathe to the point that if he took the helm next week, I'd give him three games to mathmatically secure the league title before calling for his head.

And while I don't think he'd be the answer long-term, if Kenny Dalglish can't inspire the players to perform at an acceptable standard for this club for just six months, no one can.

Sammy Lee would do a great job, the reality is anyone bar Rafa would take this team forward.

Not a difficult task.

I don't think Sammy will ever be a great manager because he doesn't have the presence. He's too normal. It's a strange thing to say, but I think that even if - in terms of his ideas and ability to execute them - Sammy were better than anyone, he lacks that strange 'something' that the most successful managers seem to have.

I don't think Sammy will ever be a great manager because he doesn't have the presence. He's too normal. It's a strange thing to say, but I think that even if - in terms of his ideas and ability to execute them - Sammy were better than anyone, he lacks that strange 'something' that the most successful managers seem to have.

I am talking about Sammy taking over till the end of the season, no more, one thing I will promise is he will average more points a game than Rafa has done this season.

We desperately need a shot in the arm.

I cannot see Rafa turning things round as it stands. There is too much frustation and a distinct lack of confidence in the camp.

We need a fresh approach in the short-term and perhaps appointing Kenny as Caretaker Manager would be the boost that we need.

Before anyone starts check my posts I have always supported Rafa,but my love for Liverpool outweigh any feelings for Rafa,Its Liverpool now or bust we are now in crisis and our whole future may well rest on this season.

we need to act now even if we get GUUS HIDDINK untill the end of the season,this madness has to end now we stick by the club or go down with rafa`s ship.

Sammy Lee failed at Bolton and yes trying to make that side play football would ensure anyone would fail.

Essentially it is the same as the FA appointing McClaren as Erikson's successor. You can't appoint the number two of a failed regime.

Daglish has not been involved in football for a good few years - anyone know what his contacts are like these days? He could be very very out of touch, then again maybe he is not. I genuinely don't know but there is a well known saying that you shouldn't go back and I feel that way.

Hiddink would be my choice if he wanted to come, but who on earth would want to join us.

I've supported Rafa through out this but it gets harder and harder to do. It looks like he has lost alot of the players.

Gerrard looks like he is feeling sorry for himself. Carra is struggling. The only two doing themselves any justice areTorres and Reina.

An injection of confidence and ideas is definitely needed. That team looked devoid of both.

Fuck no. Maybe as caretaker manager for a fw games but not until the end of the season. If you're going to do that then imo your best just waiting until the Summer to get rid of Rafa imo. No, get someone in for the long term and give him a chance to find his feet this season and then have a better idea of the job ahead going into the next.

I would prefer a complete clear out off all coaching staff to be honest.

If Sammy took over for the rest of the season, a lot of our current problems will continue.

You think he would keep the current staff? I dont think he would.