You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Reaction

TheDrowningMan

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

piss poor performance against the club at the bottom of the league.I havn't felt this bad for a long time now,totally disillusioned.why can't rafa just come out after a game like that and say,yes,we were shite,I have no excuse.he never will though will he.?!the start of the game said it all for me.just before kick off,the porsmouth team get in a little huddle and gee each other up,its called team spirit,and this from a doomed club at the foot of the league.,they played like a team for each other,we were just fucking woeful.

Most knew what was coming when Rafa did the post match interview , we were awful before that anyway. We are just terrible and I dont know the reason why but the buck stops with the gaffer in these situations. The club has changed alot lately , some for the bad but some for the good and we need to change the manager which is something we would never have done before, Its not like he hasnt had time, something stinks.

Exactly, "we were controlling the game until the sending off".

How can you be controlling the game when you fail to have a shot on goal?

Whats scary about that is Rafa actually believes it mate. He seriously thinks we were controlling that game before Masch went off , I despair , I really fuckin do , I just really admire all those who made the trip today.

Dalglish would do any job for this club, he really would. But, I'd rather we went for the 'right' man from the start rather than go in some half hearted direction.

The thing is, it's harder to get the best part of the way through the season, especially when who you want is a top manager. For a manager, if the talks with another club fall through then in all likelihood they're also finished in their present job, so when that goes down the spout, they're no longer wanted by top calibre outfits. So I think our chances of getting a really top man in at the moment are slender (and I don't think Hiddink, despite having less at stake due to him not managing a club at the moment, would take the job given his Chelsea connections) and it's for that reason that I think Kenny would be an inspiring short term replacement.

Whats scary about that is Rafa actually believes it mate. He seriously thinks we were controlling that game before Masch went off , I despair , I really fuckin do , I just really admire all those who made the trip today.

The 14 who played and the clown in charge of them excluded obviously?

But we're overachieving, remember. After all, we were up against a club with a net spend of £108, over the past 18 months. Hope can we compete?

Oh - that was MINUS £108m. Put that one in your pipe, net spend lovers....yet we were outpassed, outfought, out-thought, out-manoeuvred and out-managed. And yet it's all that nasty referee's fault.

The man is fast becoming a total fucking embarrassment.

He is completely clueless and he even believes this shit himself, the deluded weirdo.

I'm 100% certain that even I could do a better job with this team than he is. I could at least pick the right starting fucking team!!

He should have been sacked instantly just for the inclusion of Dosenna in the squad.

That in itself is more than a sackable offence, and I swear i'm deadly serious about that, its not said for effect. That donkey wouldn't get a game in my local park and to have cloggers like him represent my club is actually a fucking insult to us all.

Benitez taken us from European Champions to a fucking laughing stock in just 4 years.

If he had even the slightest bit of dignity, and even the slightest regard for us then he'd pack his bags immediately. But he hasn't.

He can go fuck himself

Fulham beating the mancs 2 0 hes a top manager would he get the fans backing if it was him taking over i personaly think he is a great manager but a little old could do great things with us though.

“I asked for a table and they brought me a lampshade”...

Well we asked for a Premiership trophy Rafa and you have brought us very little hope that you are capable of delivering.

Currently we are seventh in the league, with no hope of winning it and we could be potentially ninth if Fulham and Birmingham win their games in hand. Now we have also been knocked out of the Champions League and the League Cup, so a disastrous start to the season. They are all FACTS! As you would say.

Today we fielded a midfield of Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas and Dossena – it doesn’t look good on paper, it is even worse on the pitch. That is a midfield all of hard work and graft, with little quality in possession and craft, in my opinion.

Our side must be the worst in the league at defending set plays. The last two season’s we have been horrendous at nullifying this area. Attacking the set plays we aren’t much better, with very little threat in the box and Gerrard taking the corners when he is arguably our best player at attacking the ball in the air.

I’m sorry but a centre midfield of Lucas and Mascherano is not good enough for Liverpool FC if we want to win titles. Our side needs a player who can probe, play telling passes in this area and generally has more quality in possession. We have that player in Gerrard, (possibly Aquilani), but Rafa seems to stick to the more cautious and bland partnership.

Kuyt has not been playing well, however he is ‘undroppable’ under Benitez. Benitez has constantly chosen his graft over someone like Benayoun, who is the nearest we have to a match winner in the squad behind Torres and Gerrard – it is crazy.

His substitutions are not much better. Predictable on the hour, every hour – we’ll see Benitez make his change and it is usually a cautious one. One rook for another rook as Benitez looks to treat players as chess pieces, rather than footballers. Our side looks rigid, yet we should be fluid. Our defense should be solid, it is vulnerable. The wide players should be looking to beat the opposition fullbacks and roaming trying to create space and chances for others... rather than concentrating that they are in the right place defensively, so they don’t get a bollocking from Benitez the next day as they are affecting the pro zone stats.

Benitez has spent 220 million players (80 million net for the pedantics) and this is his sixth season at the club, yet we are still fielding a team including Insua, Lucas, Dossena and Kuyt... in what was a team very close to our first eleven. I’m sorry but it is not good enough, that’s without mentioning other squad players such as El Zhar, Degen, Babel, Ngog... which makes you have diarrhea coming out of my mouth, just thinking about it.

So other than making poor team selections, predictable subs, playing players out of position, only having two top match winners, being awful at defending set plays, non-threatening at attacking corners, a squad full of dross, not dropping players out of form, spending 220 million and having five plus years in the job... I’m sorry but it is not good enough and a change must be imminent.

I love Rafa, but I'm sorry we need a change and I don't want to start hating the man!

I like Hodgson but fuck off Simon, seriously. You're so fickle it's ridiculous.

Ok change the fucking thread name to potential new managers im fucking furious with Rafa.