You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Reaction

TheDrowningMan

"the sending off changed everything" - what the fuck are you talking about? We were 1 down and hadn't managed a shot on target, how the fuck did it change anything? It's just another excuse and you think we're all stupid and will buy into it. We lost because the team you've assembled play like a bunch of strangers, because your tactics are as negative as anything our club has seen and your team selections are fucking mental. Dossena? Get to fuck. If you've got nothing proper to say after a defeat, shut the fuck up and stop making a cunt of our club and taking the fans for pricks.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy as coach? Fuck sake, have you lot not paid attention to his record as manager of Bolton? We'd go further into the abyss with Sammy in charge. Kenny would be ideal. He'd have the respect of the players (which Sammy won't), the loyalty of the fans and a management philosophy based on passing, attacking football, unlike the cautious, not-lose-at-all-cost-but-still-lose Benitez model.

So if we continue to lose with Kenny in charge at least we might a bit entertained. With Rafa we are losing and playing some of the worst football seen at Liverpool since Houllier's last days.

Sammy as coach? Fuck sake, have you lot not paid attention to his record as manager of Bolton? We'd go further into the abyss with Sammy in charge. Kenny would be ideal. He'd have the respect of the players (which Sammy won't), the loyalty of the fans and a management philosophy based on passing, attacking football, unlike the cautious, not-lose-at-all-cost-but-still-lose Benitez model.

So if we continue to lose with Kenny in charge at least we might a bit entertained. With Rafa we are losing and playing some of the worst football seen at Liverpool since Houllier's last days.

No but i should think he would have a bit of a say if he took over and be able to point out the bad from the good. And be able to suggest new staff. The Yanks want to make money from thios club it would be in their best interest to listen to him.

id give Kenn ythe job to tie us over, no problems there

but if Rafa is to go, do it NOW, our next game is Wolves, and with all due respect to them, id expect us to get 3 points, that would then give the players 3 points, plus the obvious lift a new manager would give them, heading to the game with villa, which in all honesty, we really need to beat

as for Sammy Lee, not a snowballs chance in hell would i give him the job, adios scouse smurf!

I'll make sure he sees this thread.

As piss poor as we were, the sending off did in fact change things. I don't see why anyone would get upset hearing him say that. It's a perfectly normal line ot trot out after a defeat in which there was such a dubious sending off and all round inept refereeing performance.

It's not about fooling anyone.

"the sending off changed everything" - what the fuck are you talking about? We were 1 down and hadn't managed a shot on target, how the fuck did it change anything?

My guess is he means it changed our ability to get back in the game. As in it's a hell of a lot harder to get a couple of goals when you're a man down.

Agger and Kuyt should both have put their chances away in the first half in my opinion. Or certainly done better with them.

We lack confidence and the sending off ensured we had no chance getting back into the match so it certainly had a major impact.

My concern is that I really can't see how we are going to turn things around the way things are carrying on - certain players just look like they've given up and are going through the motions.

Where's their motivation when we all believed we'd be at the top challenging this season and now we're looking out for City, Spurs and Villa's results.

Whats the answer then, I like Rafa but this cant carry on. Is he making a point to the board "invest or lose money" because if he is its a pretty dangerous game. I dont think Kenny or Sammy can do anything at the mo, if Rafa is sacked (and he does look like a dead man walking) its gotta be a coach that people like Gerrard and Torres respect, I cant see beyond Guss Hiddink at the moment but he looks like he is off to city.

I'd just go and get the right man (Hiddink in my opinion) and let them have this season to get used to the players, decide who he does or doesn't rate and give us some momentum before next season.

We need to consider the comparative wage bills here. Ours are on an average of about £75,000-a-week, whilst the Portsmouth players just have to hope that they get paid.

Eleven defeats before Christmas, the last Liverpool manager to over-achieve like this was Souness.