You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flamini is a good footballer.

Flamini at the time of leaving the Prem was the best Defensive Midfielder in the league.

I am a huge fan of his. He allowed Fabregas to have the best season of his life in a much further advanced role.

Flamini > Mascherano for me.

Defensively (and I don't say this about many) but he is also better than Alonso.

Flamini at the time of leaving the Prem was the best Defensive Midfielder in the league.

I am a huge fan of his. He allowed Fabregas to have the best season of his life in a much further advanced role.

Defensively (and I don't say this about many) but he is also better than Alonso.

Flamini better than Alonso?

Haha...

Typing out your arse mate. Absolute bollocks. Decent to good player, bout it. Looked great for Arsenal for a single season and predictably outside of that system Arsenal use will look ordinary again.

Typing out your arse mate. Absolute bollocks. Decent to good player, bout it. Looked great for Arsenal for a single season and predictably outside of that system Arsenal use will look ordinary again.

Flamini was the reason Arsenal put together a title challenge, he is the reason they went backwards so far when he left because they couldn't replace him. He doesn't look ordinary at all, sorry if he doesn't have enough steps overs for you but for someone who actually knows the game and still watches him he looks every bit a player who could once again be the best in the world in that position as he was in 2007-2008.

His positioning wipes the floor with Mascherano's, he is better on the ball as well. He can tackle just as well, is better in the air and stronger. He has also shown far more consistency in the prem than Mascherano has and unlike Mascherano improved as a player since he entered the league and added to his game.

Also stop talking to me in that manner you utter bellwhif.

Yeah well, and we laughed.

You my friend are why microsoft puts "English (U.S)" in its menu choices.

When you learn to comprehend simple points then I might accept you talking down to me.

Let me help you out for now though.

I didn't say it you cock, that was the point.

Flamini better than Alonso?

Haha...

Frode, I think Flamini is more in the Mascheano mould than than the Alonso mould. Also in Flamini's last season he was better than most of our midfielders bar one.

You my friend are why microsoft puts "English (U.S)" in its menu choices.

When you learn to comprehend simple points then I might accept you talking down to me.

Let me help you out for now though.

I didn't say it you cock, that was the point.

Well you usually post crap, so I took a punt. Sue me.

diego maraona- when talking bout his argie team = my team is macherano plus 10 others says it all really doesnt it machrano is the best player in his position in world football plus i dont think people give him enough credit 4 his abilty on the ball hes getting better and better were was makalele when he was in his early 20s people in the holding role get better with age so its scary 2 think how good mascher will become as he matures plus i also think he is 1 of the quickest players around and is a vaulable assest on the counter attack

Guest the boy

It's all fantasy, but Flamini was a thorn in our side whenever he played us.

Ran the game in that league cup debacle, and his injury against us in the quarter-final really turned the game. He bossed the first half hour.

Given the two, I'd certainly take Mascherano, but I'd be hesitant whether there's a £30,000,000 difference in it, which is what it would equate to.

Anyway, it's all fantasy. Mascherano won't leave, though I did notice reports that Barca have kindly offered us what we paid to take him out of the West Ham reserves. Almost as bad as that story peddled by the Daily Mail today.

Don't talk such utter crap lad. Mascherano is a defensive midfielder, a very good one at that. But it is much 'easier' to stop the play than create it; for that reson alone I thik Alonso is the most important of the two. If the stories are true (and Javier has not exactly put the rumors to bed) then I think he is one ungrateful and cheeky cunt. At £50M, I would certainly cash in!

I just don't agree with that. What Mascherano offers is very, very hard to replace. If he does want to go then i hope we get good money.

That's the problem, we have the best players of the world in their positions: masch, gerrard and torres (and I'd argue reina as the sweeper goalkeeper). We can't replace them. Put those with unique players like alonso and kuyt and we haveca very special team. If we get silva for the left and avoid any major injuries the league is ours.

Poppycock