You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My thoughts on yesterday and the reaction to it...

dave u

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/blog

Basically, stop acting like a bunch of spolied twats and stop looking for scapegoats.

It ain't over til its over, and it's a long way from being over yet.

As you were.

damn right about tiger woods. and how fucking gay is abramovich. they always show him when they score and he always looks utterly gay. Nice to see Rafa almost lamping the fourth official too.

Has it been pointed out that Mourinho is a gigantic cunt and Robben is his evil cunt lovechild?

Agree in the main Dave but not on your assesment of Pennant.

He did put in two good balls but considering that he had the opportunity to - time and again - get at Cole in 1 on 1 situations his lack of end product was criminal. He must have got the ball in space 25 times in the second half alone and his contribution was terrible. Consistantly looked scared to go at Cole, fell over a lot, cut inside, gave the ball away, prodcued shite crosses. It was a very very bad performance from him in my opinion (though i over stated the case a little yesterday as i was frustrated).

I'm not looking for a scapegoat and was very impressed with him against Haifa at home but since then i've not been too convinced and yesterday i thought he was our worst player. Granted Bellamy wasn't really in the game but he had little service where as Pennant could and should have done a lot of damage against an out of form Ashley Cole. I was surprised Gerrard wasn't put on the right second half - if he'd had that much of the ball against Cole i think he'd have produced a shit load more and probably won us the game.

It's not just the Chelsea game though is it.

It's 3 out of our 4 games people are frustrated about, it was the same as last season and when people were asking for changes (mainly Gerrard moved to the right) they were, again, accused of knee jerking. Yet the change everyone called for is what started our surge up the table.

A slow start last year cost us a shot at the title, we're repeating those mistakes.

It's 3 out of our 4 games people are frustrated about, it was the same as last season and when people were asking for changes (mainly Gerrard moved to the right) they were, again, accused of knee jerking. Yet the change everyone called for is what started our surge up the table.

A slow start last year cost us a shot at the title, we're repeating those mistakes.

Rafa did what every reds fan was asking for on Sunday and played Kuyt and Bellamy together. Gerrard will probably be back on the Right when either Gonzalez settles in or Kewell returns from injury - which ever happens first.

Both Alonso and Gerrard gave the ball away a lot, Dave.

Alonso hit some great passes but a lot of his short passing was poor. He was also off the pace for a sizeable chunk of the game.

Gerrard wasn't as bad a some are making out, but again, we'd win the ball back only for him to try some stupid 60 yards wonderball, or shoot from a ridiculous angle. Seeing him coming back to collect the ball from Reina time and time again in the last 10 minutes was really frustrating. He really does believe that he's the only one capable of making things happen and that everything must go through him. That needs to be sorted out - in the last 10 minutes he should have positioned himself about 10 yards behind the strikers and not dropped at all, which would have kept Chelsea pinned. Because he kept dropping so deep, Chelsea were allowed to get forward, resulting in them keeping the ball in our corner for a big chunk of injury time. I can see to some extent why he did it, because Reina's distribution was shite, but Agger was perfectly capable of carrying the ball out of defence.

Pennant was very hit and miss, getting to the byline and getting some great crosses in, but in the next minute misjudging an easy pass or falling down too easily.

I also think Rafa made a mistake in not having any pace on the bench. Garcia or Gonzalez coming off the bench would have scared Chelsea a lot more than Zenden.

Anyway, fuck it, Chelsea and the Mancs will drop more points than they did last season. With their squad and weak midfield, the Mancs will have a big dip this season, that's a given. Chelsea and Arsenal are weaker than last year as well.

All this talk of the league being over is Sky created shite (Arsenal are "back in" with one point more than us!). A good run will have us back on the pace - if we're 5-8 points behind come the resumption of the CL after Christmas, we'll give it a good shot - our run in is much much easier than the other challengers.

Its one thing being frustrated, every Liverpool fan will be frustrated, that's not the issue as far as i am concerned. I can remember people discussing the problems we were having last season, but that's what it was a discussion, talking about the problems and coming up with ideas that we thought might put them right.

Currently there is very little discussion, there are those that come on and want to be negative after every defeat and slag off anyone they can without putting forward and reasoned argument to make things better, we loose to Everton and Garcia and Pepe are shit, we loose to Chelsea and Gerrard, Pennant and Kuyt are shit, Rafa's an idiot, it's ridiculous, picking an argument and twisting facts etc to suit whatever angle they are pushing at that moment in time.

Then when we win a game we are going to win the league, fa cup and champions league and Gerrard is the best player in the world and Rafa is the fucking messiah.

Its a long season, there are going to be games when we play well and batter teams, going to be games when we play and loose, we will get lucky now and again and unlucky now and again, Rafa will at some point make a bad selection of tactical decision, and i dare say every player will have a game when they dont play well, but does that make them shit? No, it makes them human like the rest of us.

I am not saying they are above criticism, of course they are not, they are earning alot of money, in a very public workplace, at the top of the game and our passions run high, but for fuck's sake let's stop with the bitching, whining and knee jerk bollocks that is becoming so common.

if you want to rant and get it off your chest then do so, we all need to do that sometimes i am sure.

But please let's stop with the endless so and so its shit bolloks that is followed by 15 page threads of slanging matches, that's not what i think this place is about.

that is all!

That is right.

With some good finnishing we should have won 3-1, no problem. Chelsea didnt even create ONE good chance. Drogba (the foul fucking cunt) had a moment of brilliance which in that situation you couldnt defend against. Carra was covering him, he turns and hits a brilliant shot, one time out of 100 will he manage to pull that type of finnish off. Kuyt missed two sitters, Gerrard one and Crouch 1.

That is four sitters, missed against Chelsea, you cannot afford that if you want to win. The preformance was actually top draw considering it was us away at Stamford.

Its one thing being frustrated, every Liverpool fan will be frustrated, that's not the issue as far as i am concerned. I can remember people discussing the problems we were having last season, but that's what it was a discussion, talking about the problems and coming up with ideas that we thought might put them right.

Currently there is very little discussion, there are those that come on and want to be negative after every defeat and slag off anyone they can without putting forward and reasoned argument to make things better, we loose to Everton and Garcia and Pepe are shit, we loose to Chelsea and Gerrard, Pennant and Kuyt are shit, Rafa's an idiot, it's ridiculous, picking an argument and twisting facts etc to suit whatever angle they are pushing at that moment in time.

Then when we win a game we are going to win the league, fa cup and champions league and Gerrard is the best player in the world and Rafa is the fucking messiah.

Its a long season, there are going to be games when we play well and batter teams, going to be games when we play and loose, we will get lucky now and again and unlucky now and again, Rafa will at some point make a bad selection of tactical decision, and i dare say every player will have a game when they dont play well, but does that make them shit? No, it makes them human like the rest of us.

I am not saying they are above criticism, of course they are not, they are earning alot of money, in a very public workplace, at the top of the game and our passions run high, but for fuck's sake let's stop with the bitching, whining and knee jerk bollocks that is becoming so common.

if you want to rant and get it off your chest then do so, we all need to do that sometimes i am sure.

But please let's stop with the endless so and so its shit bolloks that is followed by 15 page threads of slanging matches, that's not what i think this place is about.

that is all!

Top post mate.

Its a thin line. Had Gerrard scored the chance he should have we would have been fairly happy. Deserved the draw, unlucky not to get the win. Throw in Crouchs header which also should have been scored and Rafa would have been a genius. Playing SG on the left and defeating Chelsea at their own ground. We played ok. We outplayed Chelsea for much of the game. Had we taken one or two of the chances (not Rafas fault) then we would all have been humming la bamba all day today. We were unlucky.

Basically it didn't ruin my day due to the fact we played well. We lost to a wonder strike that you could do nothing about. We had the majority of possesion, defended brilliantly, created chances but frustratingly didn't put them away. I am a bit disapointed in our finishing to be fair but am not singling out anyone. Its all wel and good saying we need topull our fingers out of our arses and Rafa needs to stop rotating but we need to take something positive from every game.

That is right.

With some good finnishing we should have won 3-1, no problem. Chelsea didnt even create ONE good chance. Drogba (the foul fucking cunt) had a moment of brilliance which in that situation you couldnt defend against. Carra was covering him, he turns and hits a brilliant shot, one time out of 100 will he manage to pull that type of finnish off. Kuyt missed two sitters, Gerrard one and Crouch 1.

That is four sitters, missed against Chelsea, you cannot afford that if you want to win. The preformance was actually top draw considering it was us away at Stamford.

So ,we sort of won really.

Think the section on Pennant especially his drifting inside is slight harsh from our point of view. We read from his interview he has been asked to do that.

Wonder why (he has been asked to do that) and is a worrying thought, wonder what is running in Rafa's mind and his strategies. Maybe if the whole team starts playing the way Rafa wants we can understand his ideas.

Good teams create there own luck. Last year we got 4 points off arsenal chelsea and man u. Some off our football yesterday was terrible.

And some of it was very good.

People are talking as though we lost to Fulham or Charlton yesterday. We were playing the champions on their own turf. A team who are renowned for being miserly at the back and who give up few chances.

We created a shitload of great opportunities. That deserves credit, and the likes of Pennant, Alonso and Gerrard must have done something right, surely? Not saying any of them were great, they weren't. All can play better, but when you look at who we were up against its not realistic to expect everything they do to come off.

I agree with a lot of what Aidan said. Gerrard tried too many hollywood balls, he also shot twice when he should have passed. I still say this is the best I've seen him play against them in some time, and they shit themselves every time he got the ball near their box.

The point about luck is a subjective one. I can see why we can say we've been unlucky. Gerrard's three shots which have hit the woodork were all bad luck. So was Kuyt's against PSV. The one yesterday wasn't bad luck as he should have scored. Gerrard and Crouch should have too. That's not luck.

Remember last season when we couldn't score for about a month? Initially we all said it was bad luck, then it became bad finishing. It always turns around in the end though, and Fulham and Birmingham pad the price.

The same will happen again, I just hope its soon.