You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Premier League - 13/12/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Talking about away form would hold more water if it weren't for us being robbed at Brighton and Goodison.

True that, and we would be sitting 4 points clear at the top, as it stands we are joint top, not too bad considering all that has gone one with VARicle , injuries and the like.

For me our struggles away are largely down to a lack of control in midfield....

Teams are winning too much ball in there against us, or bypassing it and we aren't retaining ball as well as we usually do and therefore aren't controlling games and having as good a base to build off as we were last season when at best.

We really could do with Fabinho or Thiago in there to help give us that control, but obviously one of them is pressed into action as an emergency centre half and the other has been kicked out of side by that big nosed mongrel twat Richarlison.

The need for Fabinho to play at back is for me why we needed more than 3 senior centre halves - him being pressed into action at back really weakens our midfield options.

Jones is a good kid, but a middle 3 of him, Hendo and Wijnaldum does not give you enough control away from home/offer as much protection of the ball and the back 4 and leaves us more vulnerable.

Problem is we have had no choice due to carnage at back, lack of options in dealing with it and of course the other midfield options being fucked too.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

For me our struggles away are largely down to a lack of control in midfield....

Teams are winning too much ball in there against us, or bypassing it and we aren't retaining ball as well as we usually do and therefore aren't controlling games and having as good a base to build off as we were last season when at best.

We really could do with Fabinho or Thiago in there to help give us that control, but obviously one of them is pressed into action as an emergency centre half and the other has been kicked out of side by that big nosed mongrel twat Richarlison.

The need for Fabinho to play at back is for me why we needed more than 3 senior centre halves - him being pressed into action at back really weakens our midfield options.

Jones is a good kid, but a middle 3 of him, Hendo and Wijnaldum does not give you enough control away from home/offer as much protection of the ball and the back 4 and leaves us more vulnerable.

Problem is we have had no choice due to carnage at back, lack of options in dealing with it and of course the other midfield options being fucked too.

Yeah Thiago will be huge when he is back especially with Fab in defence.

Desperately need to survive any damaging performances/results until January. 

Would be ridiculously negligent to not get a defender in January, dont think we have any chance now of getting either the Liepzig centre backs this season.

Seen that we were interested in bringing that Eder Militao on loan from Real Madrid. He's lost his way since going there but I thought he looked good when we played against Porto. Matip can never be relied upon to play for even a short period without being injured, as good as he is when he is available, it's not that often.

Keita, origi, shaqiri and possibly Minamino need to be sold but its wishful thinking if we are going to get shut of any of them in January. 

Jones was our best player.  Our problem was pressing them resulting in them twatting it up the pitch and then us struggling to win the header and second ball.  In possession the full backs didn’t play well at all.  We were too slow moving the ball on and it didn’t improve that much in the second half.  This was also the injuries catching up with us.  We had nothing to bring on to change the game..

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah Thiago will be huge when he is back especially with Fab in defence.

Need him back badly .... will transform us.

Will get us playing better from middle and enable us to get better footholds away from home in middle....which of course helps us going both ways.

Knowing our luck he will come back and just as he does Gini and or Hendo will be fucked.

Just now, The Guest said:

Jones was our best player.  Our problem was pressing them resulting in them twatting it up the pitch and then us struggling to win the header and second ball.  In possession the full backs didn’t play well at all.  We were too slow moving the ball on and it didn’t improve that much in the second half.  This was also the injuries catching up with us.  We had nothing to bring on to change the game..

Nah, Alisson was clearly our best player, by an absolute mile. 

Very, very disappointing game and hence result. Not sure we really deserved a point if Im honest although the boys didnt give up. From the first 5 minutes you could tell we were just too slow which allowed fulham to close us down and put us under pressure.

Not sure the midweek game can be blamed because only Trent and Mo played the whole 90. Fab only played for 45 with some of the others getting 30 minutes or less. Maybes the game against Wolves took more out of the players?

Dont get why many seem to think we're a one man, Jota, team now. Yeah, he might have made a difference or he could have been another who just wasnt on blob if he'd played today.

We huffed and puffed all through the first half. Gini got caught in 2 minds what to do with a ball in acres of space, got robbed and put us under pressure. At that point in the game, there was only one team going to score and it wasnt us.

Alli made a couple of good save to keep the score down and we were getting nothing from this game if we conceeded 2 or more.

What was weird was the whole team was off. I think even Alli will be a bit unhappy conceeding that goal hit across him. Maybe that injury is bothering him? Fab was just about the only player who was competent followed by Alli. The rest? Meh. Jurgen yelling 'Wake up!!' to the players summed our performance up, lethargic.

Dont understand how Curtis gets carded for that challenge yet it was a while before fulham had a player booked. Fab had a narrow escape with a penalty shout. Looked at it numerous times and if that foul is on us, Im wanting a pen. When the ref went to the monitor I feared the worse but he decided it wasnt. Personally, I dont think we could complain if it was awarded and fab should know better than going in like that in the current VAR world.

It was going to take a moment of magic or skill, unlikely the way we were playing or, a decision to get us back in the game. Again, the fulham player has his arm up for Gini's free kick and unless your family jewels are on your head, what's your arm doing up there? At worse you use your head so for me, that's a pen.

Mo has a great record on pens but I dont like his technique. A couple of keepers have got very close and this was amongst the closest to me. Still, 1-1, Id have loved 3 points and fulham seemed to lose a bit of confidence once we'd scored. But both teams will be happy with the point, I suppose.

For me, it's very disappointing after Spurs drew. We could have gone 2 points clear and put real pressure on Spurs for Wednesday night. Drawing with shite teams is something I hate.

It's weird reading people criticise Jurgen over Jota then want him to run Mo into the ground every game. Some people think the players are automatons and dont need a rest here and there.

Sky can fuck off with their 'another 1-1 for Liverpool' when we've been robbed of victories against the shite, Brighton and yes, midtjyland. Oh, and we drew away at city. How many teams will do that?

With injuries as they are, would take being within 6 points come Spurs away at end of Jan. Fixtures are kind so we may do better than that, but showed little today. Whole squad are going to be running on fumes. Hate to hark back to Everton but the Goodison injuries to Van Dijk / Thiago really fucked the flow of the past 2 months. There is no way a first half like that happens today with Thiago in the team.

23 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I do wonder if the players are training at the usual intensity when the environment calls for a more measured approach, hence the susceptibility to injury. I’m sure other teams aren’t losing key players every time they play.

Gini said we're hardly training but stir the fucking pot against Jurgen together with taking Mo off and playing Jota on Wednesday. It's the Liverpool Way!

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

With injuries as they are, would take being within 6 points come Spurs away at end of Jan. Fixtures are kind so we may do better than that, but showed little today. Whole squad are going to be running on fumes. Hate to hark back to Everton but the Goodison injuries to Van Dijk / Thiago really fucked the flow of the past 2 months. There is no way a first half like that happens today with Thiago in the team.

Our run of fixtures until the middle of February is a bit unforgiving. A lot of tough games especially away. We will have played Spurs and City twice by then. If we were within 4 points with a lot of big players coming back you would imagine, it could be huge.

Would imagine we will buy a top centre half in January which will make a difference. The big thing is when we have players back.

Jota seems to be about 6-8 weeks. Thiago and Gomez are unknown. Virgil is probably the rest of the season. No news on Matip but hopefully he might be okay for Palace - equally could be a few weeks or worse. Keita and Shaq may play a part in the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Our run of fixtures until the middle of February is a bit unforgiving. A lot of tough games especially away. We will have played Spurs and City twice by then. If we were within 4 points with a lot of big players coming back you would imagine, it could be huge.

Would imagine we will buy a top centre half in January which will make a difference. The big thing is when we have players back.

Jota seems to be about 6-8 weeks. Thiago and Gomez are unknown. Virgil is probably the rest of the season. No news on Matip but hopefully he might be okay for Palace - equally could be a few weeks or worse. Keita and Shaq may play a part in the coming weeks.

Not expecting to see much of Thiago this season really, even when he hasn't been assaulted by a cunt Everton player he's not exactly durable. He'll be miles off match fitness by the time whatever the current problem is gets sorted and it'll take a while to build it back up, during which time he's going to be really injury prone.