You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Premier League - 13/12/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, A_S said:

Don't underestimate their fans being back in the stadium. You can't play up the difference it made against Wolves at Anfield, then dismiss it completely when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Obviously not ideal overall, but to not lose ground with Spurs leading into Wednesday was important. 

But we've been shit for a while on and off. Fans had nothing to do with that. Fulham have improved over the past few weeks too, so they would have been up for this.

As bad as the Villa game, even though the result doesn't reflect that. We were horrific today. Really bad.

The worst part of that was us constantly trying the same methods of attack, bar Jones run, after we scored the equalising penalty. The one thing we did differently, again Jones run, lead to the only actual scoring opportunity of the game after said penalty.

"Oh look if we run at them they might shit themselves, better just pass it to young Neco for a cross that won't beat the first man or a pass back to Hendo for a deep cross he's been sailing for the last 20".

Yea it's great we saved the point but fuck me it was frustrating to watch us try to get the winner that way. I get you don't want to be the cunt that loses the ball but sometimes you have to take that risk in order to be the one other teams call a cunt for always turning up with the winner.

1 minute ago, Aw Geez said:

Holy fuck, 7 points separates the top 10. That's insane!

The way things are going now we could end up champions and we could end up 6th. Our squad can’t take any more injuries and we’re looking at an extremely busy fixture list ahead. Loose a couple of more players and we could be in real trouble. Or will we get more players back and continue beating the better sides? I honestly dont know, we’re back to being able to beat or loose to anyone it seems.

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very lucky point. We hardly created anything. One very big chance which fell to the wrong player, and one great solo effort from Jones, what else was there?

You could argue that if you want to wallow in total negativity.

I’ve seen good Liverpool sides play like that before and lose comfortably, usually in London, usually in this weather, usually at a massive financial cost. 

Should we be winning that game? Yes. Can I get upset about us drawing it? No.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, m0e said:

So he plays Trent and Salah the entire game Wednesday and takes them off today?

What the actual fuck!?

We're going to really struggle over the next few weeks, me thinks.

A point was just about deserved but no more than that, if we're being honest.

That is fairly debatable I think. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's the thing. We can be happy we stole a draw here, but we're barely above clubs like Everton and Villa, because they've for the most part, either won or lost this season. We're accumulating too many draws.

Not really bothered about Villa or Everton, we are 0 points off the top having had a shit load of injuries and some dubious at best decisions go against us.

Gotta improve our performance for Wednesday mind but we are in a pretty good position. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

An tha ts the truth. A full squad and we'd have it won already. Spurs and Palace next and we'll lose a few more before then no doubt. 

Also mane is on a fair bit of a drought at the moment even though he still plays well. 

It's a cunt pig, it's a cunt

We just have to somehow dig in, get reinforcements in Jan, hope injuries slow down and hopefully come March be in touch and maybe then other sides will start to suffer with injuries.

12 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Fucking subbing of Salah for Origi that's just unreal. A Salah a 30% is still better than that fucking waste of space. Cunting fucking shit decision. two points lost at the worst team in the league. Baffling decisions being made at the moment.

The more we play Origi, the less chance we have of shifting him in January, or the summer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

You could argue that if you want to wallow in total negativity.

I’ve seen good Liverpool sides play like that before and lose comfortably, usually in London, usually in this weather, usually at a massive financial cost. 

Should we be winning that game? Yes. Can I get upset about us drawing it? No.

Yeah, we could have won in the end. The problem is the way we apprehended the game, though. Clearly in the mind we could go there and cruise to victory, until the game actually started and they played us off the park. 

2 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Not really bothered about Villa or Everton, we are 0 points off the top having had a shit load of injuries and some dubious at best decisions go against us.

Gotta improve our performance for Wednesday mind but we are in a pretty good position. 

I don't give a shit about Everton and Villa either. The point is we're not winning enough.

• Upvote 1

Looking at individual performances I’d say Fabinho was fairly good, Curtis Jones had a very good game and Alisson was world class. The rest were different levels of shit.

Very impressed by Jones the last few weeks, he’s developing into a top player. And as opposed to many of our other midfielders I’m sure he’ll start providing goals and assists as well.