You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Looks like I've got the fucking thing now. Last time I felt this shit was the swine flu in February 2011 and that was fucking shit!

At least the darts is on and I can flake out in front of it, while getting mad at these two wankers at the oche (White and Gurney). 

Shite. Hope you and your Mrs recover quickly.

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Good work, Dave.

You’ve nailed Captain Nowt (or is it Dr Turdseye) good and proper here.

They can no longer deploy their devastating dry wit alligned with passive aggressive comradeship to our oppressed people.

The new Regime will be fair and equal Im sure.

Step forward Stronts and Rico 

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I don't get it- they're going to introduce vaccine passports from September and yet they've opened everything up already. Pointless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/covid-certificates-to-be-compulsory-for-crowded-venues-in-england

It’s been that way since the beginning. You know how it is. “These new measures are now required, so we’ll be bringing them in two/four/six weeks from now” 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s been that way since the beginning. You know how it is. “These new measures are now required, so we’ll be bringing them in two/four/six weeks from now” 

Yep, in the meantime let's spread it all about and make things much worse than they need to be.

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Then insist that there was nothing more they could do/took the appropriate action at the time.

On 18/07/2021 at 17:02, Rico1304 said:

Our train back to Stockport has been cancelled. Covid ravaged train company.  The wife doesn’t want to get the next service as it’s rammed. So I’ve just had to pay £500 for new tickets. How’s your Sunday going?  

Cheaper than yours apparently.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Poster said:

Hope you recover soon. Shit weather to be ill really, and stuck indoors. 

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Shite. Hope you and your Mrs recover quickly.

Cheers fellas. Paracetamol and fluids are the order of the day at the moment for us both.

Both of us are double jabbed too so hopefully that'll reduce it a bit.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Everyone out there protesting about bizarre stuff that varies wildly. Makes you wonder why a couple of posters on the GF have chosen this week to go to London…

Why can’t us “rational” folk organise a mass scale protest against genuine government corruption? Even just a couple of hundred thousand people marching “against knobheads” would suffice and restore a bit of faith in humanity. 

Candlelit vigils for murdered women have the police going in swinging, but there’s people on Westminster Bridge chanting about all MP’s being satanic ritual nonces and then going on their merry way. It’s mental. 

Most people don’t give a fuck. Out of those that think we do, the majority of us tut at them on the internet and stick another box set on Netflix. Next weekend they’ll probably bring Whitehall to a standstill because Chinese 5G gamma rays are harming baby dragons in Westeros, whilst we’re all self isolating and trying to find blag copies of the new Space Jam film so the kids will stop talking for an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Everyone out there protesting about bizarre stuff that varies wildly. Makes you wonder why a couple of posters on the GF have chosen this week to go to London…

Why can’t us “rational” folk organise a mass scale protest against genuine government corruption? Even just a couple of hundred thousand people marching “against knobheads” would suffice and restore a bit of faith in humanity. 

Candlelit vigils for murdered women have the police going in swinging, but there’s people on Westminster Bridge chanting about all MP’s being satanic ritual nonces and then going on their merry way. It’s mental. 

Most people don’t give a fuck. Out of those that think we do, the majority of us tut at them on the internet and stick another box set on Netflix. Next weekend they’ll probably bring Whitehall to a standstill because Chinese 5G gamma rays are harming baby dragons in Westeros, whilst we’re all self isolating and trying to find blag copies of the new Space Jam film so the kids will stop talking for an hour. 

Correct. Everything is fucking corrupt.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

9b799399838c91b585c601407efa3e37.gif

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

I don't get it- they're going to introduce vaccine passports from September and yet they've opened everything up already. Pointless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/covid-certificates-to-be-compulsory-for-crowded-venues-in-england

It's just political isn't it. They open up. Let the the dicks on the Tory right have their freedom. They couldn't bring this in until they've offered everyone double vax. So all the U30s they're currently struggling to get to take the vaccine will now feel they have to take the vaccine before the end of September. They've played the Tory right and the kids. And then this won't be discussed in parliament till they're back from summer recess and by then it'll probably have done it's job of forcing people to get vaccined and if it has they've the perfect excuse to back out and "listen" to the right of the Tory party. 

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's just political isn't it. They open up. Let the the dicks on the Tory right have their freedom. They couldn't bring this in until they've offered everyone double vax. So all the U30s they're currently struggling to get to take the vaccine will now feel they have to take the vaccine before the end of September. They've played the Tory right and the kids. And then this won't be discussed in parliament till they're back from summer recess and by then it'll probably have done it's job of forcing people to get vaccined and if it has they've the perfect excuse to back out and "listen" to the right of the Tory party. 

Yep, as usual (and as with Brexit), the good of the country is a long way behind short term popularity and Tory party management. 

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yes, otherwise you'd need to test everyone for antibodies first to check whether they've actually had it or not. If you're doing that, then you might as well have just vaccinated them instead.

Not too keen on the Covid pass at this point. Not totally against the idea (as a temp mid-term measure) though. The NHS app (which has my vaccine record on it already btw) makes it clear that it's provided by the government, not the NHS. Which is surely code for it being run by a private entity. But there's no indication of who on the privacy notice.

The same notice says there's no processing of personal data, but the NHS app asks permission to share a bunch of data items with it...

Not too impressed, bit like I'm still not too happy that the lateral flow emails replay my DoB and NHS number back to me. I don't need that, I know who I am.

• Like 1

A conspiracy I'm happy to sign up to is that they are actively stoking protests, confusion and frustration to undermine the legitimate need for a public inquiry into the pandemic response.

"It's not the time" will eventually turn into "there's no public appetite for this, people just want to get back to normal".

• Upvote 3