You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parsons Green Tube Explosion

M_B

The daily chaos caused by checking every bag would quite sizeable. London would grind to a halt.

5 million people per day use the tube. Imagine the workforce required to check each bag.

True, but we must have the technology to scan everyone automatically that enters a station.

Remember this from Total Recall?

tr-tunnel.jpg

30 years on from this classic film and we don't have anything close to this?

We probably do, but the harsh truth is no one is willing to spend the money to implement technology like this.

True, but we must have the technology to scan everyone automatically that enters a station.

Remember this from Total Recall?

tr-tunnel.jpg

30 years on from this classic film and we don't have anything close to this?

We probably do, but the harsh truth is no one is willing to spend the money to implement technology like this.

It's bad enough trying to get on a plane. No water, toothpaste or deodorant, buses and trains would be a nightmare.

Taking off shoes decanting all your phones, llaptops etc.

it gets worse.

Watched the Barcelona terror attack unfold, was genuinely upset  as used to live there. Work in Gib now and drive down from Estepona.

Anyway, next morning this Morrocan plated car was in the middle of a two lane road, girl overtook me then the Moroccan cunt cut across two lanes on a roundabout and nearly took her out. Guardia Civil were on said roundabout and took off after him. The badass Guardia with the big fuckoff rifles, not the normal ones.

Got to work, day after the attack, went over to my mate "them fucking Morrocans are really shit drivers".... in m head,, "oh no... I meant what just happened now not yesterday........" dear god.

Eyes are still burning into back of my head, 

No intent, but bad timing 

Interesting, if true.

It'll be interesting to hear who killed his family and what motivated him to try and bomb people.

It won't be UK involvement in Iraq though, as we've already categorically ruled out UK foreign policy as being a factor that motivates domestic terrorism, haven't we?...

Domestic terrorism? Does this qualify?

If only he'd left a video explaining exactly why he'd done it.

Anyway, thank fuck he's shit at chemistry.

Very bad if this turns out to be a refugee. The right-wing fruitloops have been whipping up hysteria about refugees and immigrants since the Syrian war began and now this will take them into overdrive. 

The fact that the vast majority if attacks are 'home-grown' hasn't deterred them, but yea, I'd be worried they could step it up a gear.

I suppose if you have a concern that bringing in refugees means some terrorists sneak in too, and then it happens (if that's actually what happens) they've got a right to moan.

They've got a right to moan that saving thousands from war torn countries, many of which we have contributed too, lets in one nutter with a lidl bag full of lighter fluid?

No doubt knuckle draggers will raise their well reasoned and articulate concerns re: refugees ("send them all back", "close are boarders" etc).

But, are they legitimate concerns? Maybe. But I'd argue not. The lad has been here 3 years according to the reports. He probably didn't enter the UK with the intent to blow up civilians. As with most Four Lions type amateur terrorists, he's probably been radicalised in the UK or online.

His immigration status is largely immaterial. It's equally as likely that an easily led, gullible British national could be convinced to put a homemade bomb on a train.

In fact, that's already happened.

• Upvote 1