You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Except he just did at Dortmund.

7 years in after a disastrous season where they'd started to go backwards and were in the relegation zone for a chunk of it. He had numerous opportunities to leave throughout his time there and was always loyal.

Newcastle will consider a cash-plus-player offer from Liverpool for Georginio Wijnaldum.

The Holland international is valued at £25million by Newcastle which is considered too high by Tottenham for a player who turns 26 in November.

Newcastle had wanted Jordon Ibe, prior to his move to Bournemouth, while fringe players such as defender Jon Flanagan and midfielder Lucas Leiva have been mentioned.

Wijnaldum scored 11 goals last season and ended the campaign as Newcastle's top scorer but his form dipped towards the end of the campaign which saw them relegated.

Bristol City have joined Wigan by expressing interest in Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Adam Bogdan.

Newcastle want 27million paid in full no staggered payments.

Be nice to get a player who has started shaving. Much prefer Wijnaldum to Zielenski and the experienced defender is a solid deal hopefully.

Interesting Klopp signs extension and we go after two experienced players. Hopefully he has told the useless yanks he means business.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-expected-hold-out-11632612

hes still only 25 wijnaldum so fits the model.

klavan replaces toure so its not exactly revolutionary.

Can people please stop trying to justify signing this Wijnaldum prick. A summer window of him and Mane as our main signings would be catastrophic.

Klopp was supposed to be a magnet for top class players. Where are they?

Fuck off, JP.

• Upvote 2

we re hopefully adding more goals with mane and wijnaldum whilst saying to lallana in particular you need to find the back of the net more often.

still worried about us defensively. we re relying on matip and karius to be brilliant.

7 years in after a disastrous season where they'd started to go backwards and were in the relegation zone for a chunk of it. He had numerous opportunities to leave throughout his time there and was always loyal.

Right, he/they did save that season in the end though. 

I think he would like to manage Bayern at some point and if Ancelotti fails or decides to leave in two/three years Bayern may want to go for a German manager again. If Klopp is under contract, maybe they will be more likely to go for Tuchel instead - depending on how he is doing at BVB.

Can people please stop trying to justify signing this Wijnaldum prick. A summer window of him and Mane as our main signings would be catastrophic.

Watching Dora the explorer with you imaginary daughter.

See Karius posting.

See 4 posts.

See:

In Topic: Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Today, 10:48 AM

Not wumming just genuinely sickened by the lack of respect this fella gets.

Always carried himself with dignity, never whored himself around like Benitez and had us playing great footy.

The fact the guy gets more stick than Hodgson is despicable.
In Topic: Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Today, 04:13 AM

Always respect the job he did here cleaning up Benitez and Hodgsons mess.

Good luck gaffer

Ignore JP. 

• Upvote 1

If Newcastle want Lucas and Flanagan then we should definitely be using them to reduce the price for Wijnaldum.  I'm not a huge fan of the move overall but I'd much rather we paid Lucas, Flanagan & 20m for Wijnaldum than 27m.  At least that way you could say 2/3 of the move was a good idea.

• Upvote 1

Ah, young Karius, Welcome to the Forum.

You'll be staying in the Catterpillar room!-

DSC_0169-1024x682.jpg

I'd like Wijnaldum.

Great goalscoring return in Holland, not too shabby for Newcastle first season, and he's got pace. So important to have pace in the final third, and only Mane has it. We'd be fuckered if he was missing for a few games, back to square 1 with a slow plodding set of attacking midfielders all looking to thread a ball through the eye of the needle.

I'd also like Bazoer (Ajax, DM), Davy Pröpper (PSV, DM), Lacazette (Lyon, FW), Sofiane Boufal (Lille, AM), and I've got a soft spot for Juraj Kucka (AC Milan, DM).

On a sidenote, I'd also like to sign Fred Friday for having the best name I've seen for a while. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Friday

If Newcastle want Lucas and Flanagan then we should definitely be using them to reduce the price for Wijnaldum.  I'm not a huge fan of the move overall but I'd much rather we paid Lucas, Flanagan & 20m for Wijnaldum than 27m.  At least that way you could say 2/3 of the move was a good idea.

I'd rather keep both. I'm under no illusions that either are the answer to our problems in their given positions, but I fear if we sold them we'd not look to replace them. An alternative to Moreno or Smith, and a DM with two legs is better than none.

He is either on a wind up, or he is completely insane.

I've gave my reasons why I have doubts about Klopp many times and can't be bothered going over them again.Ill openly admit it's too early to judge him, I'm just saying my gut feeling is his spell here is not going to get us what we want.I may be wrong and am not predicting what will happen, I have no idea what Klopp is trying to do so can't predict what will happen.

I'm the nutcase though, Klopp apparently took over a sinking ship.Thank god he did he took us further away from the cl positions then we were when he took over and finished lower than Rodgers worst season.I see why you all love him and put Rodgers in the same category as Hodgson.

• Downvote 2

This is Klavan.

CnubxvsWcAAr4tR.jpg

are you sure thats not bogbrush heading to wigan?

This is the face of a man who breaks things with his face and pulls the wings off butterflies and then wears those wings as a hat in winter.