You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Hi Archie, thanks for giving up your time. Firstly, what are your thoughts on this deal?

I’ll be honest, it caught me by surprise when the news broke last night – as I’m sure it did plenty of people!

Klavan is a decent enough player with a good reputation, but if you’d have said he was going to move I’d have imagined him joining a mid-table Premier League club as a first choice option, rather than going to someone like Liverpool.

But he is....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ragnar-klavan-qa-bundesliga-expert-11628754

Hi Archie, thanks for giving up your time. Firstly, what are your thoughts on this deal?

I’ll be honest, it caught me by surprise when the news broke last night – as I’m sure it did plenty of people!

Klavan is a decent enough player with a good reputation, but if you’d have said he was going to move I’d have imagined him joining a mid-table Premier League club as a first choice option, rather than going to someone like Liverpool.

But he is....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ragnar-klavan-qa-bundesliga-expert-11628754

Some tactical insights from Archie there.

What kind of system is he used to playing in at Augsburg?

He’ll need to adjust to playing in a Jurgen Klopp team, no doubt. Augsburg are a team that box very clever for their size, punching above their weight consistently. They don’t have the resources of a Liverpool or anyone like that.

They defend deeper than a Liverpool side would be expected to, and see less of the ball. In cricketing terms you could say Klavan is more used to playing on the back foot perhaps, so that’s another adjustment for him to make.

But at the same time, Augsburg qualified for the Europa League with Klavan at the heart of their defence. He’s shown consistency and the ability to lead a team that gets results.

Just read on the echo we are interested in Gary Medel for 12ml. Wouldn't mind that horrible little fucker in the midfield. Also Leicester linked with Robbie Brady so maybe we can get Chilwell

This is a new name cropping up.

Chilean newspaper Triunfo - translated as Triumph, fact fans - are claiming Jurgen Klopp wants to bring Gary Medel to Anfield.

The tenacious midfielder, now at Inter Milan, was a big part of his country’s second successive Copa America victory this summer - and the report suggests that is where he caught Klopp’s eye.

Medel has played in the Premier League for Cardiff City already, of course, and this story is claiming he would cost £12m.

Best link ive seen in six years. DM has been woefully neglected.

Lucas been finished for many a year and Can simply isnt a holding mid.

Medel, whilst not top drawer would still transform our team

• Upvote 2

Best link ive seen in six years. DM has been woefully neglected.

Lucas been finished for many a year and Can simply isnt a holding mid.

Medel, whilst not top drawer would still transform our team

Agreed, average player but any dm who's decent defensively and has the energy to get around the pitch is a big upgrade on what we've got.

He plays CB for Chile because he isn't a good enough passer to play in midfield (that and a complete absence of centrebacks), but he'd still improve our team quite a bit at DM.

He'd be a good fit tactically, as however intense Klopp wants us to be it won't be as intense as the Chilean national team.

Karius

Clyne Matip Lovren/Sakho Someonenotfuckingshit

Medel Can

Yarmolenko Coutinho Mane

Sturridge

Get it sorted, Jurgen.

We hear about genuine transfer stories when the club briefs the local press.

The only chance the shite that fills up the Echo's transfer gossip column (like Medel to Liverpool or Allen to Man United) has of being right is if whichever cunt made it up got lucky on a guess.

• Upvote 1

I've always said Rafa was my favourite manager and the reason I did not want Rodgers sacked is because of what happened after Rafa was sacked.

I would still take Rodgers back but because of the lack of patience among our fanbase I don't think it would work out with the work that has to be done.Rafa would sort the team out easily with the money available so that's why I want him back.

I said myself I know it's too early to make judgements about Klopp and I was holding back with my opinions, seeing as everyone was deciding Rodgers is fucked at Celtic after one month and one game I assumed it was fair to talk about Klopp.

I'm not bothered if anyone replies but calling people stupid makes you look like you are if you think I'm a troll based on what I've said on this site.If we were signing Reus, Gundogan and Hummels and I was complaining you'd have a point.The fact is we are targeting players who didn't start for a team which was relegated.

Also you say I haven't been getting bites talking about Rodgers, maybe that's because I haven't been talking about him.If I wanted to I could point out some home truths about things Rodgers has done better than Klopp but I feel my point has been proven long ago.

You have no embarrassment in saying that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAt6lLr1s4

• Upvote 2

You have no embarrassment in saying that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAt6lLr1s4

Aren't you Klopp fan boys embarrassed to take the piss out of Rodgers when your man couldn't better his worst season with a much stronger squad.Before anyone says no one would have thought we would get past the teams we did in the el, yes some did including me who said it before the games.Playing big teams is not a problem as the players need no motivation, the fans got us through against Dortmund and Villareal anyway.I said before the final that was the true test as we were favourites, Klopp failed miserably.

More good news tonight, while we hope we can get Medel Everton are trying to sign William Carvalho the Liverpool fan who is much better than Medel and younger.

• Downvote 4

Aren't you Klopp fan boys embarrassed to take the piss out of Rodgers when your man couldn't better his worst season with a much stronger squad.Before anyone says no one would have thought we would get past the teams we did in the el, yes some did including me who said it before the games.Playing big teams is not a problem as the players need no motivation, the fans got us through against Dortmund and Villareal anyway.I said before the final that was the true test as we were favourites, Klopp failed miserably.

More good news tonight, while we hope we can get Medel Everton are trying to sign William Carvalho the Liverpool fan who is much better than Medel and younger.

Losing to Oldham with the SAS up front, a task only Rodgers could succeed in.

• Upvote 2

The fuck are you talking about you nutcase? He took over Rodgers sinking ship half way through the season and very nearly steered it to fucking glory.

Not forgetting it took Rodgers 6 months at the start of his reign, with a better squad, to play any sort of coherent football.

What the hell have you got against Klopp?

• Upvote 1