You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

1 year left on his contract, 32 in the summer and earning the type of sum we won't entertain for a player we don't want. We couldn't be more over a barrel. If Saudi are out of the picture then he isn't worth much at all, because there's nobody to pay much at all. Unless you want him playing at Newcastle. 

It doesn't matter what is said. You don't behave like that to your manager going onto the pitch. Especially when you've strutted around since returning from afcon. I don't mind a tantrum when they get taken off. But that wasn't what was happening. It wouldn't have happened had klopp not been in his last few games. 

Not necessarily because agreements would get reached. We are not taking buttons because we can say rot for a year which we obviously won't do. Salah isn't going to sit on his hands for a year so agreements get reached. We are never getting big money but you'd hope we'd negotiate something reasonable for all.

24 minutes ago, Curly said:

Ok - that changes my opinion. 

@Redder Lurtz - apologies - I retract my statement from the match thread mate. Pissed off for being left out? Madness if so - he’s been shite

Absolutely no apology needed mate. We're all utterly pissed off. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Not necessarily because agreements would get reached. We are not taking buttons because we can say rot for a year which we obviously won't do. Salah isn't going to sit on his hands for a year so agreements get reached. We are never getting big money but you'd hope we'd negotiate something reasonable for all.

Unless we sell to Saudi, we won't get the money Munich paid for mane. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Unless we sell to Saudi, we won't get the money Munich paid for mane. 

Wouldn't be the end of the world but equally not ideal. Money back for 6 years of goals and assists and trophies. Massive wages off the books. Gives Slot a bit of leeway in building something new.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon psg could be interested (if Salah will go there)

Maybe, they have had a bit of a change of culture there, do they really need him? Bad enough to pay when they could sign him in 6 months time to a pre?

59 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Great player.

Today makes no difference to me on that.

Happy for him to sold too.

He's a liverpool legend, he'd make it into my all time XI, but when you're shit you shouldn't moan about being dropped. Ronaldo ego type reaction. 

The fine line you walk with greatness I suppose.

Still, in context, what Klopp has given these players he deserves better than those 'optics'. He turned a chelsea reject into one of the top three players in the world. Today's histrionics were a fucking disgrace, and he's a cunt for doing it, and the fire bollocks too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Wouldn't be the end of the world but equally not ideal. Money back for 6 years of goals and assists and trophies. Massive wages off the books. Gives Slot a bit of leeway in building something new.

Considering we could have cleared 100m last season, it's not something I'd be happy with. But the bottom line is, unless slot is desperate to work with him, it's better than a kick in the arse. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Maybe, they have had a bit of a change of culture there, do they really need him? Bad enough to pay when they could sign him in 6 months time to a pre?

I'm not sure they would be in for him. But I don't think they'd be at the front of a queue for a bosman so it could be enough to push them I reckon. Also, while they have had a change of culture, they're about to lose their star man in mbappe. Outside of Saudi, I would say it's the most likely place he'll end up. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure they would be in for him. But I don't think they'd be at the front of a queue for a bosman so it could be enough to push them I reckon. Also, while they have had a change of culture, they're about to lose their star man in mbappe. Outside of Saudi, I would say it's the most likely place he'll end up. 

If we have to start knocking on doors to sell Mo Salah we are more fucked than most imagined.

10 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Never in a million years would Enrique take Salah. Unless the owner forced him on him but Enrique would almost certainly quit.

How would you know this? Would it be because you watch other European Leagues intently?

Was under the impression that was something to be made fun of?

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

How would you know this? Would it be because you watch other European Leagues intently?

Was under the impression that was something to be made fun of?

I've seen a lot of Barcelona. My entire in laws support Real Madrid or Barcelona.

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

I don't think he'd fit in his style but he's taken on Dembele who isn't a player I'd have put in his side either so who knows. I personally don't see it as I think Salah is not as safe on the ball for an Enrique team.

But you seemed sure he'd quit if PSG bought him? 

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Well this has added an extra bit of spice to the end of the season. Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse! 

Why? What’s happened?