You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's a liverpool legend, he'd make it into my all time XI, but when you're shit you shouldn't moan about being dropped. Ronaldo ego type reaction. 

The fine line you walk with greatness I suppose.

Still, in context, what Klopp has given these players he deserves better than those 'optics'. He turned a chelsea reject into one of the top three players in the world. Today's histrionics were a fucking disgrace, and he's a cunt for doing it, and the fire bollocks too.

No player should carry on like that.

But the game itself, the obscene money, makes cuntery pretty de rigueur now unfortunately.

I wouldn't want to have a beer, or a Fanta, with any of them.

• Upvote 4

At the risk of stating the startlingly obvious, other clubs will be well aware that he hasn’t played well in a long time and that the performance trajectory is only going one way. It’s hard to see who would pay him the wages we do are outside of PSG or the Saudi league, and even PSG might balk at the money involved and what they’ll get back in return.

5 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I would agree, and I'd fine him a month's wages and he can forget about playing for us again, we don't need the circus.  

TBH, I've not been impressed with him since that bullshit he pulled with the contract extension while on holiday in wherever the fuck he was. Messiah complex was in full view then.  

I'm very wary of false prophets ever since Torres.  Players are decent lads until they get agents in their ear.  They are grown lads, do not feel sorry for any of them. They are work tools, and when they get blunt you either sharpen them or you replace them.   

Can't argue with that!

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

I see it from both sides if I’m honest.  Klopp’s tactical set up this season has basically murdered his game.  He’s always been loose with the ball and a shit finisher.  The reason he got the numbers he has is because he repeatedly put himself in the positions to score.  He was obviously a better player a few years ago and could turn players inside out as well but a lot of that relied on him not getting crowded out.

Klopp’s repeatedly indulged Trent and it’s harmed Salah.  He stopped overlapping and running up the wing regularly years ago now and it meant Salah doesn’t have the decoy or support he once had.  Meanwhile as Trent gets worse Salah’s game evolved.  He started off as greedy and over time became as much a provider as a goal scorer.  Then Henderson leaves and Trent is given the vice captaincy ahead of him despite his absolutely horrific attitude.

We then have this awful run of results which conveniently coincides with Trent coming back into the team.  The blame gets allocated to the forwards though.  Salah gets dropped but the guy who doesn’t want to jump and defend a corner and walks around the pitch like John Wayne continues to start.

From Klopp’s side of things he’s thinking this was my last year and you fucked off to an another international competition in your mid 30s that you had no chance of winning and got injured, come back and been awful.  You’ve missed penalties and cost us points and other players have come in who are superior at it and I’ve kept you on them.  Any time you play badly and get subbed you kick up a massive stink.  I’ve left you out for a game based on form the first time in ages and you’re giving me attitude.  The game doesn’t even mean anything either.  The titles gone and we are unlikely to fall out of the top 4 and your acting the cunt on the line.  So he’s bitten.

Salah has always been a predictable player even at his peak. The problem is his body isn't the same and he no longer has that edge against defenders. He'll get worse as he ages as he's not a smart enough player to adapt to losing his pace.

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think you manage PSG and expect to get it all your own way. 

Unless you’re M’bappe…

More generally, I wouldn’t hold ego against Salah as you don’t get to be the player he’s been without that level of self-belief. However, there will always come a time when that will manifest in ways when it becomes problematic, and yesterday was that time. That was bang out of order, especially when he must realise that his power to influence games in the way that he used to is on the wane.

Sadly, I think it is time for us to part ways with him. The one thing Shankly was certain about was the need to let go of players when their time had come. The time has come.

• Upvote 1

Salah’s reaction was that of someone who had already spat his dummy out, for whatever reason, and he seemingly saw his arse for being dropped and then apparently took his time about getting on to the pitch, when required to go on, which pissed Klopp off.

No doubt Salah felt he had every right to object, but to give out that level of disrespect publicly to a coach who has been instrumental in him being the player he has become (note, not currently is) deserves all the criticism that comes his way.

Klopp also has the right to feel aggrieved at the way Salah, and others, have let him down, particularly recently, but at least he tries to maintain support publicly for those who are, through their fickle form and profligacy giving his legacy the worst possible ending.

I think, regardless of his many achievements at Liverpool, Salah has, ultimately, always put himself front and centre, which many will say is something all superstars have to do to achieve their goals, but which I believe can be detrimental to the common goal in a team environment.

When that selfishness outweighs its contribution to the teams good, it’s time to get rid before it does more damage than good.

• Upvote 2

As has been pointed out - he knows the score with any transfer and any fee. This is not a situation where the player would be blind to that. I imagine he has seen/felt the difference in the supporters love for a player like James Milner compared to Michael Owen.

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

At the risk of stating the startlingly obvious, other clubs will be well aware that he hasn’t played well in a long time and that the performance trajectory is only going one way. It’s hard to see who would pay him the wages we do are outside of PSG or the Saudi league, and even PSG might balk at the money involved and what they’ll get back in return.

But FSG have probably had the massive rise he was given paid back in merchandising off him and so on. These deals are business deals and not just playing ones.

I just put in the Nunez thread, while both Salah & Nunez were obviously huge parts of us going into the international break in pole position, we can slice it anyway we want, they’ve let us down in the run in. 

Obviously we’ve no idea what Klopp said to get such a reaction from Mo yesterday, he should behave like that. 

I think he’s going in the summer and I think with Klopp also going, maybe a clean break is best for all parties. 

If he can influence it in anyway (which he might not be able to), what do we think Slot does with Mo? 

Assuming he signs a new contract, keep / build a side round a player who might be starting to decline? 

Decide it’s time to cash in and build a side around a younger player(s)?

Not really bothered about the touchline issue, you want hungry players who aren’t happy about not playing (even if their form doesn’t warrant it) 

What is unforgivable is the mixed zone bollocks, totally and absolutely unacceptable behaviour. 

Needs to be fined and told by the club in no uncertain terms it’s not acceptable. 

Dickhead behaviour and adds more noise to an already difficult period. 

The Players are absolutely pissing me right off at the moment. 

I don't think Salah should have behaved like he did yesterday and the comments after are arguably worse IMO....But - he isn't and never has been a cunt, he has been a model pro, a great great player, ultra reliable and when there has been noise about him leaving it has never really come from him - we have had 'big' players act much, much worse than him when it comes to talking about leaving.

So I feel some of the stuff I have seen written about him on twatter and even some of it on here since yesterday is a bit OTT.

All that said I feel this summer is probably just about the sweet spot for selling him - we'll get good money and my view is the decline is imminent - let him go into it on someone elses watch, let his legs go elsewhere, get a good fee and use it towards helping build a new team in what is a new era.

But for me the dogs abuse he has been getting since yesterday is all a bit much. He was out of line and he exacerbated it after which is irritating, but the lad is a good one.

• Upvote 1

Unforgivable has been used a lot. That's way over the top, 2 ultra competitive humans had a spat in the middle of a difficult period. It is what it is, kiss and make up and both will retain deserved legend status for ever. I certainly don't want Jordan Ibe running down the wing in a charity match because Mo is persona non grata.

13 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not arsed about what was or wasn't said on the touchline: I'm more concerned by how shit Salah was when he did come on.  

Just remembered that great run he had and then gave a complete hospital pass behind Nunez, who would have been through on goal. 

If you’re going to argue with the manager (and then carry it on) at least do it on the pitch.

Make your point by playing well, score and run past Klopp cupping your ears or something, not this shite. 

The more I think about Mo this morning, the more he’s fucking me off. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

I don't think Salah should have behaved like he did yesterday and the comments after are arguably worse IMO....But - he isn't and never has been a cunt, he has been a model pro, a great great player, ultra reliable and when there has been noise about him leaving it has never really come from him - we have had 'big' players act much, much worse than him when it comes to talking about leaving.

So I feel some of the stuff I have seen written about him on twatter and even some of it on here since yesterday is a bit OTT.

All that said I feel this summer is probably just about the sweet spot for selling him - we'll get good money and my view is the decline is imminent - let him go into it on someone elses watch, let his legs go elsewhere, get a good fee and use it towards helping build a new team in what is a new era.

But for me the dogs abuse he has been getting since yesterday is all a bit much. He was out of line and he exacerbated it after which is irritating, but the lad is a good one.

Got to disagree here. What he did afterwards was pure calculated. If that's not a cunts trick, I don't know what is. 

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

Unforgivable has been used a lot. That's way over the top, 2 ultra competitive humans had a spat in the middle of a difficult period. It is what it is, kiss and make up and both will retain deserved legend status for ever. I certainly don't want Jordan Ibe running down the wing in a charity match because Mo is persona non grata.

As above. What happened after is the biggest issue. As you say, these things happen in the heat of the moment and how you dealt with it is what klopp did after the game. If you're an egotistical cunt, you do what Salah did after the game. And he's done it because he thinks he can get away with it as klopp is going. He's swinging his dick in the new managers face already, don't bench me. Get to fuck.