You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Not playing their strongest side in the league cup final in 2007, missing a great chance against Birmingham in 2011 and sending a strong side to Bradford and still losing. All great chances to win a trophy in what is now a barren run of 8 years. Winning the League Cup even once or possibly twice in the very good chances they have had to do so, would definitely have lessened the pressure on Wenger, as they get into the CL each year and have had one or two decent title challenges in that time too (which they then fucked up with crazy results like 4-4 at Newcastle after being 4-0 up)

Apparently, that was Bradford's 9th consecutive penalty shootout win. Amazing. Will hold them in good stead for the remainder of this competition.

*None of the above look remotely like David James.

*It has put me off smoking crack though.

* Wenger criticism this week is unfair, if winning the league cup doesn't save your job these days why care about it?

*Man City's football been superb for a lot of this first half against Newcastle. Hopefully they can challenge United.

*Cisse of Newcastle is proper shite, hope we avoid him in January.

*Virgin Media is fucking shite

*Bullet points are for winners

similar sort of game to when we lost to santos in this.

didn't luis garica have a goal disallowed in that game and we lost 1 nil?

You're bringing back bad memories there Paco.

It was Sao Paulo & we battered tham & a combination of a dodgy ref, bad finishing & a spawny goal against did for us.

Good job it's not happened since.

Fellaini with a nasty headbutt on Shawcross today. Ref didn't see it of course. I'm not sure how to feel about it, other than being a little unhappy it wasn't Huth.

As Moyes said-he deserves whatever the FA throw at him.But watching the three incidents on SSN before, in everyone,Shawcross is bearhugging him without any comment from the Officials or pundits.It's what Stoke do all the time,and it is kind of accepted as "it's what they do".I hate Stoke,and can understand Felaini losing his rag-considering the soft penalty awarded against hime for the same offence at City the other week.

funny how the brazillians run around after winning it like they are fucking amazing again.oh yeah yu guys rock, it's on the other side of the planet in the middle of our season ffs, no sympathy for chelsea although i do for Rafa as i imagine his cv is something he holds dear, measuring it against others such as mister furgison.

some brazilian lad i met on holiday was winding me up about the one we lost, I stuggled to fucking remember the game to be honest. just a world charity shield really.

funny how the brazillians run around after winning it like they are fucking amazing again.oh yeah yu guys rock, it's on the other side of the planet in the middle of our season ffs, no sympathy for chelsea although i do for Rafa as i imagine his cv is something he holds dear, measuring it against others such as mister furgison.

some brazilian lad i met on holiday was winding me up about the one we lost, I stuggled to fucking remember the game to be honest. just a world charity shield really.

I do, we were well and truly robbed in that match. Totally dominated, goals disallowed, penalties not given and they scored from one of their rare attacks.

You're right though, it does mean a lot more to the South American sides, always has done.