You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

The South Americans really do care about the Club World Championship more than the Europeans. The timing of the event also suits them more because it isn't slap bang in the middle of the season. That said, I'm glad Chelsea didn't win it, not only because they're fucking Chelsea, but because it would then mean that the only club trophy they've yet to win in the last 15 years is the UEFA Cup/Europa League - a competition they'll be playing in this season, and one for which they'll probably be among the favourites to win. Them 'completing the set'? Fuck off with that shit.

As Moyes said-he deserves whatever the FA throw at him.But watching the three incidents on SSN before, in everyone,Shawcross is bearhugging him without any comment from the Officials or pundits.It's what Stoke do all the time,and it is kind of accepted as "it's what they do".I hate Stoke,and can understand Felaini losing his rag-considering the soft penalty awarded against hime for the same offence at City the other week.

My thoughts exactly Doctor. Not a peep in condemnation of Shawcrosses 'mummy loves baby' hugging techniques on the footy coverage or in any post match inquests either. It's a shite situation that needs sorting out and tailor-made for alehouse yard-dogs like Pulis and Allerdyce to systematically exploit.

My thoughts exactly Doctor. Not a peep in condemnation of Shawcrosses 'mummy loves baby' hugging techniques on the footy coverage or in any post match inquests either. It's a shite situation that needs sorting out and tailor-made for alehouse yard-dogs like Pulis and Allerdyce to systematically exploit.

I cant see what Felliani did wrong, nutted the cunt and punched him twice and stayed on the pitch., it's the way we should play at the fucking Shitannia or whatver their god foresaken nightmare of a leggo brick Ikea motorway accessable supporters arena tm is called.

As for the world club thing, it is just Blatter's bastard child isn't it? To feed his ego. It's why they pressured the mancs to play in the first one, ruining the FA cup's reputation for evermore. South America will have an inferiority complex league wise, probably understandable that they want to beat us (europe) but fixing that game with us did not help the competitions image.

Imagine a bunch of brazillians coming to play it in Glasgow every winter at 7am Rio time,, we'll see who the worlds best is then ya cunts.

Wonder if he'll go for the clean 100 in 2013?

In all seriousness tho, its ridiculous the records he keeps breaking.

I'm sure I read he's hit 16 hat-tricks this year. Unreal.

Unbelievable . He had a really quiet game tonight and just strolled about for most of the game yet still managed a couple of goals .

FA protecting their own shocker! Halsey claiming he saw the last two incidents but deemed them not worthy of any action. Wouldn't want to be looking incompetent by saying he missed all three now would he. This rule they have of not taking retrospective action if the ref had seen the incident is completely flawed, its basically saying none of their referees will make a wrong decision in real time. Ridiculous.

FA protecting their own shocker! Halsey claiming he saw the last two incidents but deemed them not worthy of any action. Wouldn't want to be looking incompetent by saying he missed all three now would he. This rule they have of not taking retrospective action if the ref had seen the incident is completely flawed, its basically saying none of their referees will make a wrong decision in real time. Ridiculous.

I was going to post the exact same thing, mate. Referees really are shite in this country.

If he has seen the other two incidents, he should be asked why he felt neither was deemed a red and reprimanded himself along with Fellaini. I agree that there is scope for individual interpretation in certain areas of the game, but there simply wasn't there. Clear cut red card offences as you're likely to see. Fucking shite stuff.

It's the lack of accountability which really gets me. In any walk of life, there are consequences for poor performances and incompetence. It seems that referees are excused under the banner of 'respect'. In my opinion, the notion of respect is a two way street and should be earned, rather than just afforded to somebody. I'm not saying managers and players should be able to call referees cheats or overstep the mark (Mancs v Andy D'Urso, for example), but if they air legitimate grievances and criticise constructively, their comments should be taken on board.

As I've said before, referees should be made to do either interviews or press conferences to explain their decisions. If a referee makes a wrong decision and holds his hand up to it after the match in either of these forums, it can actually be helpful. It would maybe make him realise, for instance, that his positioning could be improved upon, or draw him to inconsistencies in his own game with regard to decision making. I think it would actually go some way to earning respect from players also, in that it would show them to be human and can at least admit to their mistakes. The lack of transparency in the game truly is shocking.

When you have referees exempt from being reprimanded (for the most part) in a game in which can cost people their jobs and clubs millions in revenue, it is quite simply not good enough.

The problem with referee accountability is there aren't enough good referees to be able to replace someone who is demoted. The refs in the lower leagues are even shitter. It's why the FA have been fast-tracking all these young 'uns to try and get a large enough pool that they can actually drop people.