You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fat Sam interview

Clarence Beeks

Sorry for starting a new thread. I couldn't find the one for his twitter page. When I read this I thought the guy who does the twitter account gave this interview but it turns out to be the man himself.

The Dugout - 60 seconds with Sam Allardyce - Yahoo! Eurosport

Big Sam lifts the lid on his years as a dead ringer for Tom Selleck, and reveals who would be picking the wine at his dream dinner party.

What was your first car?

A Ford Cortina. It was made in 1963. It was bought with my hard-earned cash that I'd saved since I started playing football at 15. I saved every penny I possibly could to buy my first car, which was about £125.

60 seconds is trying to do the maths on what that would be worth now, but its head hurts. What is you earliest sporting memory?

From playing it would be the header I scored for my school team to win the cup, which was my junior school team. From watching sport, it would be going to see Wolverhampton Wanderers for the very first time. Standing on the North Bank with my brother and my dad and then knowing that all I ever wanted to be was a professional footballer.

If you weren't a footballer, what career would you have gone into?

I don't know, actually. That's something I can't really answer. I think, whatever I would have done, I would have been self-employed. I would have had to have been my own boss. I couldn't have coped someone telling me what to do and what time I should be where.

Which team do you most enjoy beating and why?

I think as a manager it was, particularly at Bolton, to get wins on a consistent basis against the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool particularly.

What is on your iPod (if you even have one)?

I do have an iPod, and an iPad as well now. I am constantly trying to keep up to speed with the ever changing world of technology. It staggers me to find out how younger people just take to it, when it takes me about 10 times as long to get to grips with the same thing! As for music, my time was Motown, so I have a lot of that, and my favourite band of all time is Queen.

Is that what you would sing at Karaoke?

Yes. 'We Are The Champions'.

Have you ever been mistaken for someone else who is famous?

Yes, I have. When I played in America, I was sporting a great big moustache at the time. I was often likened to Tom Selleck.

You didn't complain about that too much, did you?

No, I didn't. I didn't have his car though!

If you could have a dinner party with three people dead or alive - who would you pick?

Nelson Mandela, Muhammad Ali and Sir Alex Ferguson. Sir Alex would pick the wine, and I would pick the food.

What would be on the menu?

Well, in these politically correct times I would be sure to ask about their dietary needs. Something traditionally English, quality, well-cooked food.

Sam Allardyce was speaking to Yahoo!’s ‘In the Dugout' through its partnership with the League Managers Association

Eurosport

Sorry for starting a new thread. I couldn't find the one for his twitter page. When I read this I thought the guy who does the twitter account gave this interview but it turns out to be the man himself.

The Dugout - 60 seconds with Sam Allardyce - Yahoo! Eurosport

Big Sam lifts the lid on his years as a dead ringer for Tom Selleck, and reveals who would be picking the wine at his dream dinner party.

What was your first car?

A Ford Cortina. It was made in 1963. It was bought with my hard-earned cash that I'd saved since I started playing football at 15. I saved every penny I possibly could to buy my first car, which was about £125.

60 seconds is trying to do the maths on what that would be worth now, but its head hurts. What is you earliest sporting memory?

From playing it would be the header I scored for my school team to win the cup, which was my junior school team. From watching sport, it would be going to see Wolverhampton Wanderers for the very first time. Standing on the North Bank with my brother and my dad and then knowing that all I ever wanted to be was a professional footballer.

If you weren't a footballer, what career would you have gone into?

I don't know, actually. That's something I can't really answer. I think, whatever I would have done, I would have been self-employed. I would have had to have been my own boss. I couldn't have coped someone telling me what to do and what time I should be where.

Which team do you most enjoy beating and why?

I think as a manager it was, particularly at Bolton, to get wins on a consistent basis against the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool particularly.

What is on your iPod (if you even have one)?

I do have an iPod, and an iPad as well now. I am constantly trying to keep up to speed with the ever changing world of technology. It staggers me to find out how younger people just take to it, when it takes me about 10 times as long to get to grips with the same thing! As for music, my time was Motown, so I have a lot of that, and my favourite band of all time is Queen.

Is that what you would sing at Karaoke?

Yes. 'We Are The Champions'.

Have you ever been mistaken for someone else who is famous?

Yes, I have. When I played in America, I was sporting a great big moustache at the time. I was often likened to Tom Selleck.

You didn't complain about that too much, did you?

No, I didn't. I didn't have his car though!

If you could have a dinner party with three people dead or alive - who would you pick?

Nelson Mandela, Muhammad Ali and Sir Alex Ferguson. Sir Alex would pick the wine, and I would pick the food.

What would be on the menu?

Well, in these politically correct times I would be sure to ask about their dietary needs. Something traditionally English, quality, well-cooked food.

Sam Allardyce was speaking to Yahoo!’s ‘In the Dugout' through its partnership with the League Managers Association

Eurosport

Fucking hell, it is the twitter fat sam.

Brilliant, Sam and the twitter Sam have finally merged into a single entity. If that's not a wind up, it shows just how good a parody the twitter one is.

I disagree, the twitter Sam couldn't dream of coming out with some of the stuff fat Sam has the last few months.

In these politically correct times...

Ha, fucking quality, and then feeling like he has to pick Mandela and Ali as dinner guests, why not go the whole hog and invite Rosa Parks and Malcolm X, you fucking beaut.

Awesome line-up for dinner there, Ali, Mandela, Ferguson. I bet if he ranked them he'd put Ferguson first as well.

Hmm, lets have a look at that shall we. Fat Sham's record against Liverpool in the Premier League with Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn.

[code_mode]

Bolton

Played 12. Won 3. Drawn 3. Lost 6

Newcastle

Played 1. Won 0. Drawn 0. Lost 1.

Blackburn

Played 4. Won 0. Drawn 1. Lost 3.

Which gives a grand total of:

Played 17

Won 3

Drawn 4

Lost 10

Goals for 15

Goals against 28

[/code_mode]

Looking at that I think he meant to say

I think as a manager it was, particularly at Bolton, to get beaten on a consistent basis against the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool particularly.