You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interviews with fans on SSN yesterday

WaltonRed

Guest ShoePiss
Trading Standards should get involved' date=' ive been to a few gigs where touts got caught by TS and the police took them away.[/quote']

When the club actively sponsors touting what could they possibly do?

An example, with Shankly as the backgrop to their website :-

Thomas Cook sport; Man City next month, hotel plus match ticket £ 467.19, you can get rooms at this hotel for around £100, you do the subtraction...

I hate touts but when the fucking club is doing exactly that I really can't feel the same level of anger towards touts that I used to.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see it? Interviewing reds outside Anfield in the morning - 3 Cockneys, 2 Yanks and one Irish man.

I know, I know but am I not the only one who cringes at stuff like that.

Despite not being a scouser myself, that made me cringe hugely. I can just picture blue nose's and the mancs reaction, although the mancs cant say anything..

I've heard Everton fans talk with pride at the fact you wont find a black man in Goodison Park so I'll stick with our supporters thanks

However, not interviewing scousers does annoy me, theres no shortage of scouse Liverpool fans we all know that, I've heard rumours in the past though that sky inparticular actively seek non-local fans to interview

I love the way you all go on about the touts, and how the local lads cant get tickets! fuckinhell its laughable at best, i know a few local lads myself who will pull that shout, last week the man ure tickets went on sale Thursday on the late availability - i copped for two, anyway i rang about 6 of the lads to put them onto it and explained that it would be murder to get through and it had taken me about 15 attempts to get through. Not one of them got a ticket, they all said 'i couldnt get through', i will say it again as i have said many times before IF YOU WANT TICKETS YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS, NO ONE IS GONNA GET THEM FOR YOU, TOUTS EXIST FOR WOOLS/LAZY FUCKERS. I have 18 aways on my season ticket for a reason, every single home game this season has been available via members/general sale. I bought 2 members cards pre season as a sideline hobby, this was available to everyone at the time and half price as well! As regards the interviews on SSN - thats old news now, if they did interviews in the sandon, solly, king harry, stanley then it prob would be scousers.

there should be 5000 tickets for each home game available at anfield to locals, u should be able to purchase one and provide proof of address, this way it will guarntee that there will forever be a local support, im fortunate i have a season ticket, but try to get child and adult to take the kids i only took them to one leauge game this year, as you cant get through,

The past couple of years the same as any big club, i have seen an increase in people treating the match as a day out, taking photos, etc etc and not supporting the team, thats why the atmosphere is crap, and the club are the biggest touts with that Thomas cook, why should people get tickets via a package like that when you have proper supporters who cant get tickets, !

I dont mind out of towners if there fans, but i begrudge daytrippers when fans cant get tickets.

Unfortunately they are serious. I was in the supporters club watching Sky TV. Two twats in Liverpool shirts with said half n half scarves draped round their shoulders. One of them looked like he'd gone out his way to show off the UTD crest. I literally lost my desire to go the game and my mate gladly took the ticket off my hands.

If anyone needed proof as to what this club has become then that clip of those two in them scarves was it. Going to Anfield these days for me has lost it's appeal.

What are you doing with your Derby ticket?

Mick, spoke to a bluenose today who has just come back from Dubai. She was sick of saying she was from Liverpool & all the locals kept saying to her was Torres, Gerrard..blah, blah, blah. She said she was an Evertonian...............& they just responded 'Who?' Everwho? Tis better to be loved and lost than never loved at all!

They're not all getting them from touts, the club are more than happy to accomodate some sob story from people all over the world while everyone else has to hope they have the right credits

the derby and manc game should be the same rules for everyone, I don't care where people are from but daytrippers (note I didn't say OOTs) should not be anywhere near those games

I'm generally a live and let live kind of guy and I certainly don't have a problem with us having fans come to the match from all over the world. However, this club does have a culture - one that's a fundamental part of our history - and the rivalry with The Mancs is a big part of that. Selling fucking t-shirts with their badge on them in the club shop is a fucking disgrace. Anyone wearing one needs telling straight what they should do with their shitty fucking Sky generation "merchandise". I'm just trying to imagine the reaction if someone had walked onto The Kop back in the terrace days wearing one. Not pretty.