You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

She took the kids to her mates yesterday and stayed overnight. I then took it upon myself to ruthlessly gut the house and throw loads of stuff out while she wasn't here to argue. Just took four bags to the tip and a couple of boxes of toys to the charity shop. Done loads of polishing and shit as well.

Hear me miaow.

• Upvote 2

She took the kids to her mates yesterday and stayed overnight. I then took it upon myself to ruthlessly gut the house and throw loads of stuff out while she wasn't here to argue. Just took four bags to the tip and a couple of boxes of toys to the charity shop. Done loads of polishing and shit as well.

Hear me miaow.

Can't wait for the follow up post

Built my boy a sandpit as part of his christmas present. Eight 2.4 metre macrocarpa sleepers, a shitload of bolts, some heavy duty polythene, 1.25 cubic metres of playpit sand, some backbreaking labour and one not very DIY inclined General.

Gave the lad a whole load of sandpit toys for Christmas. I'd been telling him up until the day that daddy was building a flowerbed. His face was a picture when we took him out to the garden and took the cover off it. One very happy boy. Proud as fuck that I did it all by myself. 

Marked out a square and cleared the topsoil about 50mm down.

k5gy2Vb.jpg

Bolted the sleepers together at the corners and lined with the polythene, secured with staples.

j5yJoN0.jpg

Put the second course of sleepers on top, bolted at the corners and top down to secure to the lower course.

MTwfPUx.jpg

Got rid of any sharp edges with a plane and a belt sander. Added the sand, which had to be wheelbarrowed bit by bit from the front of the house as theres no vehicle access to the back garden. Approx 40 metres each way.

KjawgSf.jpg

• Upvote 13

Built my boy a sandpit as part of his christmas present. Eight 2.4 metre macrocarpa sleepers, a shitload of bolts, some heavy duty polythene, 1.25 cubic metres of playpit sand, some backbreaking labour and one not very DIY inclined General.

Gave the lad a whole load of sandpit toys for Christmas. I'd been telling him up until the day that daddy was building a flowerbed. His face was a picture when we took him out to the garden and took the cover off it. One very happy boy. Proud as fuck that I did it all by myself.

k5gy2Vb.jpg

Bolted the sleepers together at the corners and lined with the polythene, secured with staples.

j5yJoN0.jpg

Put the second course of sleepers on top, bolted at the corners and top down to secure to the lower course.

MTwfPUx.jpg

Got rid of any sharp edges with a plane and a belt sander. Added the sand, which had to be wheelbarrowed bit by bit from the front of the house as theres no vehicle access to the back garden. Approx 40 metres each way.

KjawgSf.jpg

Superb.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nicely done. Very easy to slap some shade up on that if necessary.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

I've moved back into my place a couple of weeks ago and my ex and daughter are in the process of moving out.

She's spread her stuff everywhere throughout the house and it's proving incredibly difficult to get it all straight, but I've started with the spare room (my room for now) and the garage.

There's something therapeutic about getting the garage sorted out, and yesterday I built a little work top to go over the dryer.

Rooooooaaaaaaarrrr!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 3