You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixed the toilet the other day.

Replaced both the flapper ball valve, and the fill valve mechanism.

Basically rebuilt it from the ground up.

Still able to perform simple tasks, as long as the instructions are written clearly, and include illustrations.

Grrrrr!

I took to war on the garden today. I had knee-high grass, weeds a plenty and an old lady's shed that had been topped up with various building shite to deal with. 

The motherfucker was begging for mercy at about half past five this afternoon. It was vanquished.

Hell yes.

Being an electrician doesn't help this.

To add to that I've spent all day with a Stanley knife in my hand stripping cables.

Grrrr. Knives.

You're the only leccy I've heard of that actually keeps his bunch tight (fnar).

'Lectronics techs keep it neater.

I took to war on the garden today. I had knee-high grass, weeds a plenty and an old lady's shed that had been topped up with various building shite to deal with.

The motherfucker was begging for mercy at about half past five this afternoon. It was vanquished.

Old lady's shed; woot woot.

Yesterday, I got up at 5am to do a car boot, followed by taking the boy to his cricket match, where I sat and enjoyed a few chilled buds. Then I came home and lit the BBQ and served up a delight for the family. I may as well have killed the damn animals I was roaring that much.

• Upvote 1

What salad Jair you fucking vegetable. 

My weekend was full of roar’s.

Friday night I got in from work, took a can of beer out the fridge and drank it in about a minute without even taking my tie off. I then had a shit, came downstairs, lit the BBQ and had a load more cans.

Saturday morning I was up early, mowed the lawn, then helped put an 800 pound Pizza Oven on its plinth with the assistance of a fella with a crane hanging over the back garden. I then took 2 ladbradors out for a 2 hour walk then came back, cracked open a beer and watched sport. I then cooked a fucking really hot madras and drank more beer.

Yesterday I cooked a BBQ 

Things that real men don't do

Wear ties at work unless you have a particularly important customer meeting - this never happens to marketing people

Drink beer (lager isn't really beer) that requires cooling when a decent ale is easily available

Bring in cranes for a job that can be done with sweat or an ingenious use of pulley systems

Have dogs with pedigrees

Cook curries from jars of sauce instead of base ingredients

Things that real men don't do

Wear ties at work unless you have a particularly important customer meeting - this never happens to marketing people

Drink beer (lager isn't really beer) that requires cooling when a decent ale is easily available

Bring in cranes for a job that can be done with sweat or an ingenious use of pulley systems

Have dogs with pedigrees

Cook curries from jars of sauce instead of base ingredients

I wear a tie because I choose to look smart.

It was cans of pale ale. Belgian one can't remember the brand. Triumphant or something. 

The crane was flagged down as he ran past and given 50 quid for his efforts. Trust me, this thing needed a crane. 

Fuck all wrong with labs dickhead

I haven't used curry from a jar in years 

you turtle-neck 

• Upvote 1

I wear a tie because I choose to look smart.

It was cans of pale ale. Belgian one can't remember the brand. Triumphant or something. 

The crane was flagged down as he ran past and given 50 quid for his efforts. Trust me, this thing needed a crane. 

Fuck all wrong with labs dickhead

I haven't used curry from a jar in years 

you turtle-neck 

You wear a tie because you're told to or because you've not got the bottle to not conform and ditch it.

Ties don't make you look smart. It isn't fucking 1950. 

Tieless and smooth as fuck; always the way to go.