You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go and support someone else then

43 minutes ago, an tha said:

The biggest reason most are so angry at them is because of how much they love them...

Nah, I couldn't care less if most of them were being raped. Actually, that's a lie, I'd be really annoyed they weren't being killed.

(c) Frankie Boyle.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It was before Covid the last time you were right about literally anything, buddy.

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No go on rip into it. You are always, always wrong about everything. It’s just what you’re good at.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Honestly though…if he isn’t defending multi millionaire capatilists he’s defending millionaire footballers.

They have let the fans and Klopp down big time in the last few weeks. I don’t want to hear about fatigue and injury, try working a normal job on shit wages.

These young blokes have the best of everything at their feet. Some of us have to pay to kick a ball per week.

Ah the old “ try working a normal job” jibe. It’s never held water and it’s a daft argument. We take the piss out of the bitters for the toxic atmosphere at the pit and yet we are calling out players who have the temerity to fall at the final hurdle . We are not good enough to win the title now but FFS I guarantee if this was offered at the start of the season a large number of you would have been happy.

5 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The fact is they have let the club down, thr fans down and more importantly Klopp down. They have turned in some of the most piss poor shitbag performances that would have been at home in a Hodgson team. 

This team had it all in its own hands and should be into the semi finals of the Europa League, in the fa cup final and top of the league but they have squandered it all and absolutely shit the bed. It is clear in the performances that they havehi clocked out. 

As a fan I can accept losing as long as the effort was there but I cannot accept the lack of fight which for me is unforgivable. I hope the new gaffer has been watching our games and already knows who is to be bombed out. 

They are not fit to wear the shirt and as much as I feel for Klopp and thr end of it being like this he also has some blame as  his loyalty to players has cost him. 

So you shouldn't be loyal to the only group of people who you have to work for you? You can't change them like in Guardiola's Sweet Shop or call them out and then need them again when the inevitable injury crisis or suspensions hit. Klopp had one period per season where he was able to bring in new players and the skinflint owners restricted that opportunity on more than a few occasions during his tenure. Loyalty is a must if you want that back.

4 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Ah the old “ try working a normal job” jibe. It’s never held water and it’s a daft argument. We take the piss out of the bitters for the toxic atmosphere at the pit and yet we are calling out players who have the temerity to fall at the final hurdle . We are not good enough to win the title now but FFS I guarantee if this was offered at the start of the season a large number of you would have been happy.

I wouldn’t call it falling at the final hurdle. If a professional footballer can’t kick a ball 5 yards with accuracy they shouldn’t be professional.

Also this hindsight rubbish. Yeah no one expected a title challenge but that doesn’t mean it’s ok when we do work ourselves into a great position that we can just stop doing the basics right.

And no comparing it to a normal job is a good comparison because there’s real pressure and fatigue there. Any mistakes and you are out of a job and in a world of worry. Not for these guys though.

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We over achieved for most of the season and we are under achieving of late. A CL spot is the average for the whole season.

Is probably right, it still hurts. I thought we were going to do it. We might not be the best of the 3 sides, the emotion of Klopp and going out on a high would get us over the line.

I didn’t expect what I’ve witnessed since the international break, at all. 

A mate of mine practices the philosophy of stoicism. It was a reaction to his support for Everton. He was getting so upset and angry at the results and the tactics and the players that it would spoil his weekend. He had no way to control or affect the results, it was all completely out of his hands. Someone talked to him about stoicism, and he read about it, it appealed and now he couldn’t give a flying fuck; if they win, great, if not, great, it is what it is. He’s a lot happier.

I bet the fucker loved it the other night though. 

As Bob Shankliy once said “If you can’t support us when we draw away from home having played quite poorly but create good chances that hopefully a future competent striker can score, don’t support us when we win the league cup”. 

• Upvote 2

If we were all offered a reasonable title challenge, comfortable CL qualification and a trophy back in August, we’d likely all have been happy with it.

Doesn’t make the disintegration of the last few weeks any easier to stomach, its been like watching a Roy Evans side again, it’s not been a disastrous season by any stretch. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

If we were all offered a reasonable title challenge, comfortable CL qualification and a trophy back in August, we’d likely all have been happy with it.

Doesn’t make the disintegration of the last few weeks any easier to stomach, its been like watching a Roy Evans side again, it’s not been a disastrous season by any stretch. 

Its true but we would still be pissed off no matter what scenario at getting beat by the likes of Palace and Everton, conceding first and missing chances habitually. Football isn't just about the end of the season and where you end up its every game, every result. Beating the mancs 7 nil is as good as I've felt about any trophy at the time because we live in the present. Every game is a cup final and makes or breaks your weekend or at least a couple of hours of your weekend.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its true but we would still be pissed off no matter what scenario at getting beat by the likes of Palace and Everton, conceding first and missing chances habitually. Football isn't just about the end of the season and where you end up its every game, every result. Beating the mancs 7 nil is as good as I've felt about any trophy at the time because we live in the present. Every game is a cup final and makes or breaks your weekend or at least a couple of hours of your weekend.

No doubt we’d have been annoyed at losing to Palace & The Ev etc, I think it’s the fact we were in our best form of the season, key players were coming back, it was in our hands etc is making it hurt more.

If we’d have coasted along somewhere between Villa / Spurs  & Arsenal / City all season the expectation with 10 games left wouldn’t have been so high and it wouldn’t be as disappointing as it currently feels.

41 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No doubt we’d have been annoyed at losing to Palace & The Ev etc, I think it’s the fact we were in our best form of the season, key players were coming back, it was in our hands etc is making it hurt more.

If we’d have coasted along somewhere between Villa / Spurs  & Arsenal / City all season the expectation with 10 games left wouldn’t have been so high and it wouldn’t be as disappointing as it currently feels.

I am ok with the season, however I cannot stomach the players just giving up. Mo not going into any 50/50 for most of the season. Trent not even trying to defend, even trying to fucking hide so as not to jump, for the Everton goal etc. And unfortunately so many other examples over the last year. That is what really pisses me off. Yes you might be in a bad run of form etc. But atleast you fucking try. The hiding and shying away. No ta. And unfortunately, we have seen plenty examples over the last few years of this. And I hate this shitty, I’m so much better than you attitude, if it gets brought up. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

As Bob Shankliy once said “If you can’t support us when we draw away from home having played quite poorly but create good chances that hopefully a future competent striker can score, don’t support us when we win the league cup”. 

Not heard many quotes from Shanks brother......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Not heard many quotes from Shanks brother......

My Dad played for Sterling Albion under him, well, until he got a knee injury at 18 and had to retire anyway. 

15 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I am ok with the season, however I cannot stomach the players just giving up. Mo not going into any 50/50 for most of the season. Trent not even trying to defend, even trying to fucking hide so as not to jump, for the Everton goal etc. And unfortunately so many other examples over the last year. That is what really pisses me off. Yes you might be in a bad run of form etc. But atleast you fucking try. The hiding and shying away. No ta. And unfortunately, we have seen plenty examples over the last few years of this. And I hate this shitty, I’m so much better than you attitude, if it gets brought up. 

I wouldn’t criticise the whole season, 2/3rds of it couldn’t have gone much better really. 

Since that Man Utd cup game though, it’s been a huge let down. I can’t believe we’ve let those shit cunts de-rail is. 

I see that before Slot took over at Feyenord, they hadn’t won at Ajax in 15 years or so, so he employed a therapist to try and get them over the mental block of that fixture and now Feyenord have won the last couple there.

Who would have thought that after pasting them 7-0, we’d be the ones needing therapy. 

Leaving aside fairytale endings and the expectations they built, we're the third best side in the league, and we'll probably finish third. With a cup. 

Lots of chickens coming home to roost though. You can't replace an entire midfield in one go. We did. You can't lose your top scorer for six weeks. We did. You can't just find an academy lad to play CB. We did. You can't lose both fullbacks and rely on a right-footed CB at LB and a kid who still reads The Beano at RB. We did. The pain is because the wheels came off when we'd ridden out the storm.

I don't think the Utd Cup game was really the turning point. If anything, the good performance against City slightly worried me. It reeked of a side that could raise its game in a febrile home atmosphere, much like Everton did against us. That change of levels is symptomatic of a side that drags performances out rather than lets them come naturally. We're not a well oiled machine, but a cup side people might fear in case we turn it on or everything clicks for us.

If anything, it makes the pain of Klopp leaving both harder and easier. Harder, because he didn't get the send off he deserves. Yet, in a way easier, as it feels like he's perhaps run out of road. He can't get any more out of these players. His players. We lamented how close he was to Henderson, and couldn't see the writing on the wall. Well, he's got a squad with more than a few similar dilemmas now.

Whilst I'd prefer to sell the lot and keep Klopp, we have to face the reality that we're not looking at 2015 Klopp anymore, full of the fight. This job has taken its toll, and he's given us longer than his tenure anywhere else. The new fella can't possibly replace peak era Klopp, but given the trajectory of this side, there's at least the hope he can perhaps better the current malaise, and it could be the right time to part ways, for all concerned.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Very good post. Lots on here seem to enjoy laughing at the bitters. Well, probably most of us do to be fair.

But this belief some seem to have that their fanbase consist of a different type of people than ours, sorry to say it’s bullshit.

The bloos are bitter and deluded after 35 years of underperforming, compared to their own expectations. 

As displayed on here the last few weeks a fair proportion of our fanbase show signs of the same bitter, vile behaviour after a couple of months of underperforming. Compared to expectations they created themselves. Imagine what those people would be like after 35 years of disappointment.