You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go and support someone else then

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

As Bob Shankliy once said “If you can’t support us when we draw away from home having played quite poorly but create good chances that hopefully a future competent striker can score, don’t support us when we win the league cup”. 

Congratulations in conflating criticism of individual performances with support for a team/club overall.

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So you shouldn't be loyal to the only group of people who you have to work for you? You can't change them like in Guardiola's Sweet Shop or call them out and then need them again when the inevitable injury crisis or suspensions hit. Klopp had one period per season where he was able to bring in new players and the skinflint owners restricted that opportunity on more than a few occasions during his tenure. Loyalty is a must if you want that back.

When the players were out injured the kids stepped up and played a massive part in us wining the LC and staying in the hunt for everything else

They kids showed more fight, spirit and got results when it mattered. Then the usual suspects return to first team football and it all goes to shit. 

Thr kids have shown up our more experienced members of the squad. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Ah the old “ try working a normal job” jibe. It’s never held water and it’s a daft argument. We take the piss out of the bitters for the toxic atmosphere at the pit and yet we are calling out players who have the temerity to fall at the final hurdle . We are not good enough to win the title now but FFS I guarantee if this was offered at the start of the season a large number of you would have been happy.

Very good post. Lots on here seem to enjoy laughing at the bitters. Well, probably most of us do to be fair.

But this belief some seem to have that their fanbase consist of a different type of people than ours, sorry to say it’s bullshit.

The bloos are bitter and deluded after 35 years of underperforming, compared to their own expectations. 

As displayed on here the last few weeks a fair proportion of our fanbase show signs of the same bitter, vile behaviour after a couple of months of underperforming. Compared to expectations they created themselves. Imagine what those people would be like after 35 years of disappointment.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Is probably right, it still hurts. I thought we were going to do it. We might not be the best of the 3 sides, the emotion of Klopp and going out on a high would get us over the line.

I didn’t expect what I’ve witnessed since the international break, at all. 

'Since the international break' is the telling part of that post.

While I am not anti FSG on here like a few,I do respect their business acumen even if I don't agree with it all. But their lack of support in lobbying against the blatant cheating of our biggest rivals of the last decade and the lack of funds for signings at crucial times during Klopp's reign leave me scratching my head and believing that if they are such good businessmen hasn't this cost them money in the long run? Surely more trophies,especially PL and CL,equals more money? I am also upset at the lack of support for Kenny when he went out on a limb himself to support Suarez and feel the loyalty shown by both Kenny and Klopp in particular hasn't been anywhere near repaid. Heartless capitalism is what it looks like and footballing arm is treated like a trophy(less?) girlfriend,but with a restriction on her Credit Card.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'Since the international break' is the telling part of that post.

While I am not anti FSG on here like a few,I do respect their business acumen even if I don't agree with it all. But their lack of support in lobbying against the blatant cheating of our biggest rivals of the last decade and the lack of funds for signings at crucial times during Klopp's reign leave me scratching my head and believing that if they are such good businessmen hasn't this cost them money in the long run? Surely more trophies,especially PL and CL,equals more money? I am also upset at the lack of support for Kenny when he went out on a limb himself to support Suarez and feel the loyalty shown by both Kenny and Klopp in particular hasn't been anywhere near repaid. Heartless capitalism is what it looks like and footballing arm is treated like a trophy(less?) girlfriend,but with a restriction on her Credit Card.

Not quite sure I get the relevance of all this (sorry if that sounds dismissive, it isn’t meant to!), my mate sent me this yesterday…

fbc398be-4cc9-4463-bb41-b268e4be85e0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very good post. Lots on here seem to enjoy laughing at the bitters. Well, probably most of us do to be fair.

But this belief some seem to have that their fanbase consist of a different type of people than ours, sorry to say it’s bullshit.

The bloos are bitter and deluded after 35 years of underperforming, compared to their own expectations. 

As displayed on here the last few weeks a fair proportion of our fanbase show signs of the same bitter, vile behaviour after a couple of months of underperforming. Compared to expectations they created themselves. Imagine what those people would be like after 35 years of disappointment.

I still think we are the best in the ground fans around. These forums were invented so we could all be manager as that's what we all love to do. I've got no problem with people giving opinions on players on here. I don't agree with cunt this etc but among people who all want Liverpool to win I don't see the big deal if you say I don't rate him. As this is a Bjornebye thread, I'll use myself and Nunez. I don't think he's good enough but I'd be fucking delighted to be proven wrong and he hit 30 goals next season.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Ace. 

HERE HE IS EVERYONE! 

Out of the woodwork like a good little worm. Always disappears when we are shite and then pops his head up from behind the pulpit when he thinks its all clear.

Another bell who is always constantly wrong about everything LFC. Hows that transfer window treating you son?  gonna be an interesting ride for you and your owners in the coming years.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Leaving aside fairytale endings and the expectations they built, we're the third best side in the league, and we'll probably finish third. With a cup. 

Lots of chickens coming home to roost though. You can't replace an entire midfield in one go. We did. You can't lose your top scorer for six weeks. We did. You can't just find an academy lad to play CB. We did. You can't lose both fullbacks and rely on a right-footed CB at LB and a kid who still reads The Beano at RB. We did. The pain is because the wheels came off when we'd ridden out the storm.

I don't think the Utd Cup game was really the turning point. If anything, the good performance against City slightly worried me. It reeked of a side that could raise its game in a febrile home atmosphere, much like Everton did against us. That change of levels is symptomatic of a side that drags performances out rather than lets them come naturally. We're not a well oiled machine, but a cup side people might fear in case we turn it on or everything clicks for us.

If anything, it makes the pain of Klopp leaving both harder and easier. Harder, because he didn't get the send off he deserves. Yet, in a way easier, as it feels like he's perhaps run out of road. He can't get any more out of these players. His players. We lamented how close he was to Henderson, and couldn't see the writing on the wall. Well, he's got a squad with more than a few similar dilemmas now.

Whilst I'd prefer to sell the lot and keep Klopp, we have to face the reality that we're not looking at 2015 Klopp anymore, full of the fight. This job has taken its toll, and he's given us longer than his tenure anywhere else. The new fella can't possibly replace peak era Klopp, but given the trajectory of this side, there's at least the hope he can perhaps better the current malaise, and it could be the right time to part ways, for all concerned.

Good post that, enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I think you are way off here and you are basically saying we cant have cause for complaint.

Loads of us on here have banged the drum for better recruitment, better planning etc, stuff that the professionals should see and as usual stuff that's been completely missed because the club lacks foresight or at worst just doesn't give a shit.

If we had bought what we really needed in the summer we wouldn't be having a young CB making mistakes and teams rolling through us because we have a second hand option at 6.

Id also counter the underperforming aspect, under performance is different to attitude. Under performance suggests you are trying but not able to hit the levels you need. I haven't come away from any of those games feeling we were unfortunate. I've come away from them feeling we were sloppy. And that attitude has manifested itself - just listen to the interviews with defenders and attackers both making underhanded digs about each other in the past week and then the spat yesterday.

The United game definitely wasn't the turning point. Needing last minute winners so often isn't sustainable. Results have just outweighed our performances we punched above our weight for a while, it evened out and then went the other way. It's astonishing we are only 3 points behind the leaders. I agree with the usual calls though, we need to go big in certain positions instead we buy endo who has been okay but we needed more. Arsenal have invested and thats why they are better than us,tactics only get you so far ,rice was a no brainer they needed that position and they did it like us with VVD and Alisson but we need to sell big to do that even if we are in the top 5 highest earning clubs on earth.

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

HERE HE IS EVERYONE! 

Out of the woodwork like a good little worm. Always disappears when we are shite and then pops his head up from behind the pulpit when he thinks its all clear.

Another bell who is always constantly wrong about everything LFC. Hows that transfer window treating you son?  gonna be an interesting ride for you and your owners in the coming years.

Your funniest ever post. Granted, the bar was lower than a snakes belly, I don’t know what the fuck you’re out about and I’m laughing at rather than with you, but still…

When I choose to post is my business and nothing to do with morons like yourself. Although not always successful, I try to gather my thoughts and make clear posts instead of aimless rants. I’ve made quite a few comments on my views today, they aren’t particularly complimentary about a few of our players. 

I’m sure I’ll be fine with the summer window, thanks. I’m not the one who pisses and moans throughout it. 

Given the season is effectively over, any chance you can do us all a favour and bring your retirement forward a few weeks? I don’t think there’s been an outpouring of emoting for you to stay. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The United game definitely wasn't the turning point. Needing last minute winners so often isn't sustainable. Results have just outweighed our performances we punched above our weight for a while, it evened out and then went the other way.

I didn't think that the point at Old Trafford was that bad a result, I still don’t.

On the back of the FA Cup game, 2 games we should have won, I think from psychological perspective it damaged us. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Your funniest ever post. Granted, the bar was lower than a snakes belly, I don’t know what the fuck you’re out about and I’m laughing at rather than with you, but still…

When I choose to post is my business and nothing to do with morons like yourself. Although not always successful, I try to gather my thoughts and make clear posts instead of aimless rants. I’ve made quite a few comments on my views today, they aren’t particularly complimentary about a few of our players. 

I’m sure I’ll be fine with the summer window, thanks. I’m not the one who pisses and moans throughout it. 

Given the season is effectively over, any chance you can do us all a favour and bring your retirement forward a few weeks? I don’t think there’s been an outpouring of emoting for you to stay. 

Ah dont you worry wee man, its coming.

I for one will miss your fence sitting, your middling opinions and your exceptional drive for this club to be mediocre. Dont ever change buddy.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

No doubt we’d have been annoyed at losing to Palace & The Ev etc, I think it’s the fact we were in our best form of the season, key players were coming back, it was in our hands etc is making it hurt more.

If we’d have coasted along somewhere between Villa / Spurs  & Arsenal / City all season the expectation with 10 games left wouldn’t have been so high and it wouldn’t be as disappointing as it currently feels.

The Ev? Have a word Scott.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ah dont you worry wee man, its coming.

I for one will miss your fence sitting, your middling opinions and your exceptional drive for this club to be mediocre. Dont ever change buddy.

You really are a funny guy. 

Not like a clown or anybody potentially amusing like that. 

More like the town weirdo people cross the street to avoid. 

41 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

HERE HE IS EVERYONE! 

Takes one to know one, Stroggy.

• Haha 1