You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I wonder how the TLW England fans are feeling now?   Were you all cheering on Pickford to save all the penalties?

I was hoping he'd save them, yeah. Pretty obvious that, isn't it? Wanting things to happen that might help the side win something I want it to win?

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Didnt Sterling take one in the recently. 

He's supposed to be one of the leaders in the team. 

Sterling struggles scoring from 5yds out and I'm not taking the piss. Grealish shoud have taken one earlier but looked liked he was told the 6th spot in the huddle. 

2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I wonder how the TLW England fans are feeling now?   Were you all cheering on Pickford to save all the penalties?

I'm glad England lost, but not glad that the penalty miss-ers will all receive racist dog-abuse from England fans (obviously, not all), but you know it is sadly going to happen.

I was convinced England were going to win it, and resigned myself to "fuck it, it's only England".  Hopeflly we won't have all this rigmarole next year although I am not holding out much hope.

Wools 

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Harry Kane as Captain just doesn't work. He has no impact or leadership skills. Like thr CL final he went missing. 

Not a big game player.

This.  Not that I wanted England to win, but in the huddle when Southgate was picking takers, Jordan Henderson was there pointing people out.  Great striker, poor captain.

Nailed on he is going to City next year, as he doesn't want to end his career as a nearly man (unless he just wants to aim for Shearer's PL scoring record).

Have any of the salty commentators or pundits mentioned Maguire's attempt to get an opponent in trouble for a high boot when he went down holding his face even though his opponents boot was only just over waist height and no contact was made with his face? 

Dark arts, indeed. Look at Immobile faking injury, indeed... 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Rashford deserved all the shit coming his way after that run up to the kick.

Both he and one of the Italians took an age to take their pen and they both missed. Just step up and bang it instead of hanging around, you tits.

• Upvote 1

Best team won.

England did the best they possibly could.

Easy group and played a clapped out Germany to have a dream run to the final.

Knock outs had 3 big games at Wembley.

No serious injuries.

At the end, they were too negative, and still took it to the wire.

But for the manager to bring in 2 kids just to take pens - kids who have no experience, had no time to touch the ball, and aren't even the regular takers for their clubs - is absolute madness.

There's nothing else to add to that. Tactics, shmactics. They set up not to lose from day zero, and to rely on the quality of Kane and Sterling. That's what took them to the final, and that was always how they were going to play the final.

Well done, Italy.

They got everything they deserved, playing exciting and positive football, beating Belgium, Spain and the defacto home nation on the way.

• Upvote 4