You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

REDS DROP KONSA INTEREST

Charlton defender Ezri Konsa will stay at the Valley despite interest from Liverpool, according to the Daily Mail.

The report suggests the Reds were unwilling to match the League One club's £5m valuation of the player.

Our scouts are some lazy cunts, we already signed Shelvey and Gomez from Charlton, they must divide their time equally between St Mary's and The Valley.

Why will Lemar be cheaper?

I assume the only reason for this would be if he made it known that Liverpool was the only club he wanted to join.

If not, then I can't see where Monaco reduce their asking price. France will likely do well in the World Cup and Lemar's price isn't going to drop from that. And there will be more clubs in the mix for him as well.

Not sure they'll ever get the £90m that's all over the newspapers, but that was really more a factor of Arsenal's desperation than anything else. If I had to guess it will be something like £70m in the end.

Get him bought.

We should just look into how much it would cost to buy Leverkusen as a club. Or, failing that, make them the new Southampton and just buy a player or two from them every season.

Must be about half their team that I'd love to see here. Bailey, Brandt, Havertz, Henrichs, Tah - all under 22 and already good now; most of them going to be very good in the future.  Wouldn't turn down Leno or Volland, maybe a couple of others as squad players either.

AS Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim chose to leave Thomas Lemar out of their Coupe de France defeat to Lyon yesterday.

Lemar has reportedly agreed personal terms with Liverpool, though manager Jurgen Klopp is reluctant to meet Monaco's £90m asking price.

Jardim's decision to leave the midfielder out of his line-up has heightened speculation, but he did rotate several senior players through his line-up.

Liverpool were keen on a deal for the Monaco man last summer and he remains on their radar.

For his part, while he has also been linked with Arsenal, Lemar favours a move to Liverpool to work with Klopp.

I was 10 at the time and remember watching this in awe. All of us young lads wanted to be either Eder or Zico that summer.

The same...was gutted they lost to Italy, they had some team apart from big striker, Serginho I think, was a cut below the rest! Plus the keeper was as shit as ours.

Eder, Zico, the Doctor, Junior, Falcao, Oscar...unreal to watch, bloody Rossi!!

• Upvote 1