You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

What do you reckon we'll spend this summer? 400m or 500m?

Who knows!Thats the beauty of this current set up, who would of thought we would of bought a player for £75 million and then sold a player for £140 odd million. These figures must of whetted the appetites of those bothered by numbers. Exciting times. 

I wouldn't sign Tah whilst we have Gomez on the books. If we do bother with a CB he has to be better than Matip so somebody top drawer like Gimenez. I reckon the GK spot will be complicated by whoever Real and PSG buy. If De Gea goes to Madrid then Oblak to the Mancs is nailed on i reckon. If De Gea doesn't go then Oblak to Madrid or PSG could happen depending on Madrid hitting the release clause. Alinsson could end up at either. If that were to happen I'd look at Navas. He's very good and a cut above our current crop of shit.

There'll be a fire sale at Madrid with likely a new manager and a statement to make. Navas, Ceballos, Kovacic, Casemeiro and Isco could find themselves on the outs list there. No way does Asensio get sold.

I'd take Isco in a heartbeat but reckon he ends up at City. Ceballos interests me and Kovacic next to Keita has crazy potential. I just have a feeling we don't go near either and I reckon Klopp would fancy someone like Kai Haevertz to take Cans place whilst Keita takes Coutinhos place and he looks at Pulisic.

So a GK likely Alisson but we could end up with a punt like Butland or Trapp depending on other moves. Haevertz in for Can, Keita, Lemar/Pulisc and a young striker. I'm inclined to think we'll go with someone like Dolberg rather than Werner. Ideally we swap a few peripheral figures around and bring in more fresh blood but nothing I've seen from Klopp suggests we will do that.

Not unless we offer a fortune no[/quote

We're flush supposedly. People on here not sure who to blame for no shows during this window. Klopp has picked his man, got him on board. Owners secured the lad. If it's a case of a couple of quid get him now. It's not like it's our money. Spend some fucking dough. He'll move on for double in 3 years anyway

Liepsig want him to help them get a CL spot he won't play in with them. Fuck that get him in to help us stay in the mix so he can play in the fucking thing next season. How typical us it would be if they qualified and we didn't. Poor cunt will be wondering why bother.

There'll be a fire sale at Madrid with likely a new manager and a statement to make. Navas, Ceballos, Kovacic, Casemeiro and Isco could find themselves on the outs list there. No way does Asensio get sold.

I reckon Madrid will be selling a few but I seriously doubt Kovacic will be among them. I think he's pretty highly rated there and likely to take over for Modric in a couple of years.

Ceballos - sure. They always seem to buy the latest fad in Spain and then dump him a season later when he's not immediately the next Messi. Navas as well once they have their new goalkeeper in. Isco I don't know, you might be right and he could be on the market.

But the one I think is a sneaky possibility is Asensio. If they really want to buy Neymar it'll cost them £250m and I think they just might do it. Now, obviously the smart way to do it would be to sell Bale and Ronaldo but I really wonder if they wouldn't just be tempted by a huge bid for Asensio.

Probably not from us, obviously. Unless Mane is leaving then Asensio doesn't make a lot of sense and I can't see that happening. But someone smart, probably Bayern, might just get a very rare opportunity to buy a future megastar at the beginning of their career because Madrid want to make a big statement with Neymar.