You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

With another window closed and no midfield enforcer, we could do worse than slip some Flakka into Henderson’s pre-match drink.

I can only imagine the manic pointing and chasing of those dog images that run up and down the electronic advertising hoardings.

We should just look into how much it would cost to buy Leverkusen as a club. Or, failing that, make them the new Southampton and just buy a player or two from them every season.

Must be about half their team that I'd love to see here. Bailey, Brandt, Havertz, Henrichs, Tah - all under 22 and already good now; most of them going to be very good in the future. Wouldn't turn down Leno or Volland, maybe a couple of others as squad players either.

Tah and either Bailey or Brandt. Who has better close control out of the two? You wont get much space in the PL compared to the Bundesliga. Agree a fee for Werner and Allison before the World Cup and we're sorted. Just need the driftwood to play blinders for their respective countries in the WC and we can up their price and flog'em.

So here we are, a few days to go and the likes of myself were being called mental conspiracy theorist suggesting the idea that vvd coming in meant Coutinho was gone and the other half off the money had gone on Keita. Despite every window under fsg suggesting that to be the case and we don't spend big unless we get big money in, don't you worry we were all told, if we sell Coutinho we'll have someone lined up, we couldn't possibly not have. There's money there. Blah fucking blah.

1 month of PR bull shit of waiting for the right man, of which we were told in August lemar was one, he was available then and now. Klopp doesn't take 2nd choices, despite his best 2 buys being 2nd choices. We won't get the deal done, because our owners are not arsed about winning, just getting the club worth more and more, ready for when the TV money hits the top of the curve and then they'll sell. FSG are taking the piss out of us all.

• Upvote 10

Keeping our powder dry is a fine strategic plan by Klopper and the FSG unit. You just know this summer is going to be epic. CL spot secured, an FA cup in the bag. Sort of can't wait till the summer and want the season to finish!

What do you reckon we'll spend this summer? 400m or 500m?

Agreed. Although 2019 is only three years away from the next World Cup so it could be difficult doing business then.

Don't worry mate, Jurgen will be happy with his 5 a side squad and we can easily cope until 2025. Lallana will make a big difference if he's fit by then.

I'm a bit less demanding than you lot. If the Coutinho money has gone on VVD and Keita, then out of the £200m we had before that we've spent £35m on Mo, £35m on the Ox and £6m on Robbo.

That leaves us with £114m from the last window. I wouldn't expect any more than £100m, so I reckon £214m.

Keep the 1000 boxes of Freddos from Costco in reserve.

Don't worry mate, Jurgen will be happy with his 5 a side squad and we can easily cope until 2025. Lallana will make a big difference if he's fit by then.

Player manager, Klopp, speaks of his confidence ahead of the 2025 season..."No, I have no doubts at all. TAA jr is ready for the first team".

Out -

Salah £120m

VVD £105m

Firmino £85m

In -

Southampton £250m

Yachtesma £100m

On second thoughts, i gonna change my prediction to net £41m.

Out:

Sturridge - £18m

Clyne - £12m

Ings - £10m

Lovren - £17m

Milner - £10m

Can - Free

In:

Keita - £48m

Lemar - £60m