You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Well 2023 reaches new lows, lost my dad this morning, less than 4 months after my mam!

Night dad, take care of mum!

I know how it feels, it's absolutely awful, so sorry for you, make sure to look after yourself in the next few weeks and months.

The forumites here will help you though - they certainly helped me during a very similar situation, in fact I've gone back and read the replies to my post a few times since and have felt better - a great bunch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

I buried my Dad on Monday, mate.

Perhaps your Da and mine will have a pint together, given their boys are Liverpool supporters and all.

Best wishes.

Really sorry to hear this too, sincere condolences to you. My Dad was a big LFC fan too, they can all watch the games together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sorry to read your news as well. Take care of yourself. 

Cheers.

Even though Dad was a United fan in my youth (Munich and all that) - and he was a very, very good player himself - we carried his casket out of the Church to the loud strains of YNWA.

Because he knew how much more I loved Liverpool than he did United - and it's what he would have wanted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Cheers.

Even though Dad was a United fan in my youth (Munich and all that) - and he was a very, very good player himself - we carried his casket out of the Church to the loud strains of YNWA.

Because he knew how much more I loved Liverpool than he did United - and it's what he would have wanted.

Sounds like a wonderful father, and a great man. 

YNWA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

I buried my Dad on Monday, mate.

Perhaps your Da and mine will have a pint together, given their boys are Liverpool supporters and all.

Best wishes.

Sorry to hear that, John. 
It sounds like you gave him a fitting send off.

I’ll raise a glass to you all later

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was Her Indoors 60th on Thursday and today we're having a barbie, with quite a few coming. Anyway, dark spot on the horizon is that her brother's been acting the complete twat lately. He's been living at his mum's since his (second) divorce and is naturally supposed to be keeping an eye on her. He doesn't even put her bins out.

Anyway, last week he was supposed to be staying in one night as Her Indoors was going to a concert as she had repeatedly told him. She sorts her mum's pills etc out. Stupid prat makes an arrangement to go out. HI comes home in tears as she wanted to pull out of the concert (Sister Sledge, remember them?). I wouldn't let her so I phoned her mum a few times to check on her that night.

Anyway, passed him on the local towpath on Tuesday and he made some inconsequential remark about footie (he's a gooner). I just said i'm not talking to you until you apologise to HI. He than goes of on a rant which culminated in an assault(?). He lent over and pinched my cheek (face, not arse) and then runs away. I just stood there laughing. Anyway HI gave him a grade A bollocking and told him he's not invited today until he apologises to both of us. 

We shall see if he shows up. He'd better not as i don't want this afternoon spoiled.

On another note, bint and wanker are supposed to be coming but bint's been ill so hopefully that will continue.

You can choose your friends.....

• Upvote 1

My brother died ten days ago. I’ve mentioned his decade and a half long battle with drink and drugs elsewhere but, as yet, the cause of death is unknown. 

He had been in hospital for several months from January, but was discharged in mid May. Three weeks later he’s gone at forty nine. 

Grief for me has always been a funny thing. Very much a slow burner, the real impact might come later, as it did when my Dad died.

I can joke around on here, be normal (sort of) in real life, but there’s a whole load of ‘stuff’ swirling around that will need dealing with. 

Much harder for my mother, who was estranged from him for the last few years, but made it to the hospital to say her goodbyes. In fact we all made it. Myself and his three sisters were able to give him a ‘good death’ if there is such a thing. 

As life sometimes behaves, my youngest sister received a cancer diagnosis less than twenty four hours after she’s watched her brother die.

Hopefully they’ve caught it early and the prognosis is good. Still a blow to a family where resilience levels are low though. Particularly for my sister obviously. 

• Upvote 18

32 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

It was Her Indoors 60th on Thursday and today we're having a barbie, with quite a few coming. Anyway, dark spot on the horizon is that her brother's been acting the complete twat lately. He's been living at his mum's since his (second) divorce and is naturally supposed to be keeping an eye on her. He doesn't even put her bins out.

Anyway, last week he was supposed to be staying in one night as Her Indoors was going to a concert as she had repeatedly told him. She sorts her mum's pills etc out. Stupid prat makes an arrangement to go out. HI comes home in tears as she wanted to pull out of the concert (Sister Sledge, remember them?). I wouldn't let her so I phoned her mum a few times to check on her that night.

Anyway, passed him on the local towpath on Tuesday and he made some inconsequential remark about footie (he's a gooner). I just said i'm not talking to you until you apologise to HI. He than goes of on a rant which culminated in an assault(?). He lent over and pinched my cheek (face, not arse) and then runs away. I just stood there laughing. Anyway HI gave him a grade A bollocking and told him he's not invited today until he apologises to both of us. 

We shall see if he shows up. He'd better not as i don't want this afternoon spoiled.

On another note, bint and wanker are supposed to be coming but bint's been ill so hopefully that will continue.

You can choose your friends.....

I'm surprised he never ended up like that cyclist mate.

You're slipping!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My brother died ten days ago. I’ve mentioned his decade and a half long battle with drink and drugs elsewhere but, as yet, the cause of death is unknown. 

He had been in hospital for several months from January, but was discharged in mid May. Three weeks later he’s gone at forty nine. 

Grief for me has always been a funny thing. Very much a slow burner, the real impact might come later, as it did when my Dad died.

I can joke around on here, be normal (sort of) in real life, but there’s a whole load of ‘stuff’ swirling around that will need dealing with. 

Much harder for my mother, who was estranged from him for the last few years, but made it to the hospital to say her goodbyes. In fact we all made it. Myself and his three sisters were able to give him a ‘good death’ if there is such a thing. 

As life sometimes behaves, my youngest sister received a cancer diagnosis less than twenty four hours after she’s watched her brother die.

Hopefully they’ve caught it early and the prognosis is good. Still a blow to a family where resilience levels are low though. Particularly for my sister obviously. 

Christ mate sorry to hear all this. Thoughts with you and the family and sending every best wish to your sister x 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I'm sorry for your loss mate and your Sister's diagnosis. 

Look after each other and the very best of luck to your Sister.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

A tough time for you, sorry to hear, fingers crossed for your sister's diagnosis and best wishes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

So sorry for your loss mate, and everything crossed for your sister!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

man, I'm sorry to hear that.  All strength to you and the family.

• Upvote 1

This is one for the world of a woman thread. Preparing for upcoming barbie, she says can you take that lot (boxes  and bags in living room) out to the garage. So I do. Come back in having locked garage and she says can you get those chairs out of the garage? Right at the back, invisible to the naked eye.

FFS.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Ah man that's a lot to take on. Sorry to hear. Hope you're doing OK. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Damn, I opened this thread to have a whinge about my sister, but I think I'll shelve it for now.

Hope you and your family are doing OK. Stay strong mate.

• Upvote 1