You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Definitely, you can always tell I find when someone is from a loving family.

Sometimes it works the other way around though and people can be determined to be good parents because theirs were shite.

Agree with this.

My Grandparents got married after they discovered she was pregnant with my Dad. He was born in 2 months early in October 1939 but I don't think she ever wanted my Dad so he was raised by her Dad and his second wife as their own.

My Nan and Grandad went on to have 3 other kids and my Dad was always on the outside looking in until he left school and was earning when he was wanted back.

Although my Dad wanted to know his family, he never went back. He considered my Great Grandad and his wife as his parents and that caused massive bother within the family, all instigated by my Nan and this was always bubbling under the surface with her.

My Grandad was a kind but very weak man who allowed her to rule the roost. She really was a horrible, domineering woman, the polar opposite to My Dad who adored my Mum and us and who to me was the greatest man who ever lived.

The yardstick I have always tried to set myself by.

My Mum is one of 6. Her Dad died when she was very young, but her Mum was a vile, selfish, nasty piece of work who put them all in an orphanage for a few years when she remarried and had another baby who got everything.

They eventually all went back home, but it wasn't a pleasant place to be by all accounts so they all left home as soon as they could.

I think my Dad saved my Mum, they were proper soulmates. When they got married and went home after their wedding, all their wedding presents had gone. My Nan had pawned them all, that's how bad she was.

My Mum was damaged by her upbringing in my opinion.

She has never really had any close friends, finds it hard to trust people and takes exception to the slightest thing.

She digs holes for herself but carries on digging even when she knows should stop.

She just can't help herself and has got much worse since my Dad died 10 years ago and at almost 80, she sadly isn't going to change.

Don't get me wrong, she is capable of doing amazingly generous things.

I love her but she very often let's herself down and often falls out with me or my Sisters over the most silly and innocuous things.

She is high maintenance and very highly strung.

So, two people, both neglected by their birth parents.

My Dad raised by people who loved him and it showed, and my Mum who wasn't and through no fault of her own has struggled all her life. 

There's a lesson in there if ever I saw one.

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Saw me dad at a funeral yesterday for the second time since I was two, the last time being when I was 17 at another funeral.

All he said to me was 'what car are you driving?'. Bizarre.

He was driving his Mrs's big PIP mobile. 

I'd taken my mum and it was the first time I've ever seen them in the same place. He was gummy and bald despite only being about 64 and dressed like a kid, bomber jacket and MC Hammer pants.

My mum was acting like a kid like she was having a day out. I had to shush her as she was saying stuff about people in the service like 'hasn't she put weight on?'.

It's like they were my kids, simple kids at that. Genes eh. What's it all about.

This funeral was for my uncle's only daughter and grandson who both died at the same time, not sure why. I'd never met them and only met him a couple of times, but still went to pay my respects. 

His sister (my aunty) wasn't there, and just today she's posted pics of herself arriving in Ibiza. She's 61. 

Amazingly, this is the less dysfunctional side of my family.

• Upvote 1

I utterly hate Christmas but tend to look forward to and enjoy Easter. However seems the next one is fucked.

Her Indoor's sister has invited everyone to Easter Sunday lunch. Everyone includes Bint & Wanker. I am expected to attend. Last time I saw that scumbag I only didn't twat him as it was HI's mums birthday bash.

This is not going to end well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I utterly hate Christmas but tend to look forward to and enjoy Easter. However seems the next one is fucked.

Her Indoor's sister has invited everyone to Easter Sunday lunch. Everyone includes Bint & Wanker. I am expected to attend. Last time I saw that scumbag I only didn't twat him as it was HI's mums birthday bash.

This is not going to end well.

I can post you a positive covid test.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I’m currently in dispute with the wife. I’m 60% responsible for the turmoil but it might as well be 100%. No matter who’s really to blame, I’m always to blame. 

Sometimes I wish I’d stayed single.

Then I remember that, if I had, I’d be dead. 

I’d probably be to blame for that as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m currently in dispute with the wife. I’m 60% responsible for the turmoil but it might as well be 100%. No matter who’s really to blame, I’m always to blame. 

Such is married life mate!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Even when you're in the right you never win.

Yep - you get proved right and them out of order and it’s ‘yeah, don’t fucking go on about it’ 

You get proved wrong and ‘going on about it’ is the only thing that’s on the menu for the next week, and brought up in future arguments.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Yep - you get proved right and them out of order and it’s ‘yeah, don’t fucking go on about it’ 

You get proved wrong and ‘going on about it’ is the only thing that’s on the menu for the next week, and brought up in future arguments.

Only for the next week?

On 09/04/2022 at 11:16, Rico1304 said:

I’m like Cinderella.  

Edit. I’m just washing up after making the wife breakfast in bed.  

Cinderella, a fairytale prick teaser. She blagged a free ticket to that ball, probably hammered the free champagne for hours then fucked off at midnight without even leaving her number. I’d rather have one of the ugly sisters, I bet they stayed behind, ended up doing some cheeky lines in the early hours after the guests had left and were pure filth in the sack. 

15 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Oh shit, she read the blog, didn’t she?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/11/2021 at 07:11, Bruce Spanner said:

It's bleak, getting on for six years now, they've never met any of mine or my brothers kids.

The only hope is that by the time they're old enough to act for themselves they haven't been too broken by a neglectful, almost resentful, useless fucking mother and her deadleg boyfriend who views them as a massive inconvienence.

She's had two more kids, that we know of, in the time since we last spoke and I guarentee their lot is as bleak as my niece and nephews.

My sister is a broken little girl who believes the world owes her a favour and that will never change.

Social services got in touch with my mum last week to arrange a meeting between her and the kids.

Turns out things have been worse than imagined and they’re stepping in to bridge relationships. 

I FaceTimed them about an hour back I I can’t stop smiling, with tears steaming down my face, at seeing them smiling and knowing I can make plans with and for them again, as can my mother.

Fuck, life is a cunt at times.

• Upvote 8

Had to come on for a little vent, apologies if this comes across as pathetic or narcissistic!

As some of you may know my arl girl has Alzheimer's. She was only diagnosed in February this year, 2 years after we were told she only had Mild Cognitive Impairment and would likely not get any worse!

Well she has! She's a shell of the woman who brought me up, she's lost loads of weight, she shuffles now rather than walks, she doesn't remember who me or my sister (who is a fucking legend by the way who does most of the caring for my mum even though she's busy enough bringing up 5 year old twins), she thinks our dad (her husband of almost 49 years) is her dad, and joy of joys she is now doubly incontinent!

Dad is nearly 90, and he's far too frail to look after her on his own. He keeps complaining to us about his own ailments (which he's perfectly entitled to do at his age) yet every time my sister or me mention getting carers in to help out he gets a face on, tells us it's too expensive for carers, and that he can cope!

My sister called in on them earlier after dad told her on the phone mum had had an  'accident'. He told her he'd cleaned mum and the house up and there was no need for my sister to go around, but she wasn't falling for it.

When she got there it was fucking everywhere, all over the living room, the kitchen, and poor mum was covered in it. Soft lad says to my sister was there any need for her to come around, he thought he'd got it all!

Why is he being such a stubborn old cunt? I know people have their pride, but has he not thought about mum having some dignity?

We've come to the conclusion between us that mum hasn't got long left as the dementia seems to progress daily, and she's having other health issues (low Blood Pressure, recurrent infections etc), and we're now going to have to broach the subject with him of her going into residential care. We already know what he's going to say, but there comes a point where we're just going to have to overrule him!

Families, wreck your sanity!

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Had to come on for a little vent, apologies if this comes across as pathetic or narcissistic!

As some of you may know my arl girl has Alzheimer's. She was only diagnosed in February this year, 2 years after we were told she only had Mild Cognitive Impairment and would likely not get any worse!

Well she has! She's a shell of the woman who brought me up, she's lost loads of weight, she shuffles now rather than walks, she doesn't remember who me or my sister (who is a fucking legend by the way who does most of the caring for my mum even though she's busy enough bringing up 5 year old twins), she thinks our dad (her husband of almost 49 years) is her dad, and joy of joys she is now doubly incontinent!

Dad is nearly 90, and he's far too frail to look after her on his own. He keeps complaining to us about his own ailments (which he's perfectly entitled to do at his age) yet every time my sister or me mention getting carers in to help out he gets a face on, tells us it's too expensive for carers, and that he can cope!

My sister called in on them earlier after dad told her on the phone mum had had an  'accident'. He told her he'd cleaned mum and the house up and there was no need for my sister to go around, but she wasn't falling for it.

When she got there it was fucking everywhere, all over the living room, the kitchen, and poor mum was covered in it. Soft lad says to my sister was there any need for her to come around, he thought he'd got it all!

Why is he being such a stubborn old cunt? I know people have their pride, but has he not thought about mum having some dignity?

We've come to the conclusion between us that mum hasn't got long left as the dementia seems to progress daily, and she's having other health issues (low Blood Pressure, recurrent infections etc), and we're now going to have to broach the subject with him of her going into residential care. We already know what he's going to say, but there comes a point where we're just going to have to overrule him!

Chin up, big man.

It only gets worse from here and that’s a humans lot.

A brief spring of youth followed by toil and breakdown.

But not one moment of it should be ever taken for granted, we are here by a million to one chance and we have, and will know, existence, many along the evolutionary chain didn’t.

Love and stuff to you and yours.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Chin up, big man.

It only gets worse from here and that’s a humans lot.

A brief spring of youth followed by toil and breakdown.

But not one moment of it should be ever taken for granted, we are here by a million to one chance and we have, and will know, existence, many along the evolutionary chain didn’t.

Love and stuff to you and yours.

Same goes both ways mate.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Bint arrived at her mums (HI's sister) yesterday to attend the funeral of a friend of hers. Surprised she had any.

Anyway, in showing due respect to her lost mate she rang HI up and tried to sell her a dodgy iPad. Seems wanker has 'obtained' some through 'someone he knows'.

Bound to be knocked off. Fucking clueless, classless bint.

On 26/06/2022 at 01:00, Creator Supreme said:

Yeah so much of that chimes with me, my old man would live in squalor and get agitated when I'd clean up, tell him to have a shower or wash his dishes. I guess even when you're  older it's hard to take your children telling you how to do anything. 

A mate's parents have both got major health issues. After the dad had a pacemaker fitted and got home from the hospital, first thing his wife did was make him a full English. 

The mum has COPD and needs an oxygen tank at home and can't really walk outdoors. So her husband buys her fags for her. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

Yeah so much of that chimes with me, my old man would live in squalor and get agitated when I'd clean up, tell him to have a shower or wash his dishes. I guess even when you're  older it's hard to take your children telling you how to do anything. 

A mate's parents have both got major health issues. After the dad had a pacemaker fitted and got home from the hospital, first thing his wife did was make him a full English. 

The mum has COPD and needs an oxygen tank at home and can't really walk outdoors. So her husband buys her fags for her. 

I must admit I smiled at that Rem, stubborn sods aren't they? There was a bloke used to live by mum and dad who has had somewhere between 5 and 7 heart attacks (he was unresponsive and effectively dead for half an hour after one of them) and you'd still see him smoking rollies when he was walking the dog!

As far as I know he's still alive (they moved about 10 years back), but fuck knows how!