You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

Off to a 100th birthday bash this afternoon. (not mine, no laughing at the back). It's a great auntie of Her Indoors who I have named 'the black widow'. Three or four hubbies have gone before her.

I am under strict instructions not to use her 'nickname' though'

• Upvote 4

Me mum went through a phase of shitting herself in public recently, including in my car while I was driving her for a brew. She went through loads of tests which showed no problems and she's now stopped. My uncle (her brother) is convinced she was doing it for attention.

Also recently found out from him that the fella she moved into our house when I was seven, who she'd met while he was in Wakefield high security nick, was questioned in our house by CID about the suspected rape and murder of an old woman.

My sister recently got her first ever job at the age of 27 as a cleaner. I was saying how proud I was of her and how this was the start of a new life, but she's quit already claiming sexual harassment (almost certainly a lie).

How's your family doing?

• Upvote 5

I’ve simply stopped speaking to my mum and dad. It’s much easier that way. They add nothing worthwhile to my life and I’m already thinking about the inevitable funeral costs that I’ll be landed with. 

To be fair to my ma, she texts on my birthday and Xmas day, but never on any of the kids birthdays or special days, etc. 

• Upvote 4

I'm the same with my sister and her family even though we haven't spoke in over 10 years , it might be more I'm not counting she just can't keep her nose out of mine and my lads buisness.

Her latest bit of poison is telling my brother we robbed him blind over a holiday we had in April even though myself  and my lad  subsidised the insurance to the tune of £40 each , his was way more expensive than ours as he suffers from leg trouble and my lad knocked £500 off the bill for all the help my brother has given him .

But if you listen to her its us ripping him off even though when they went out my brother in law reminded him that he still owed my niece 20 pence from the last time they went out .

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve simply stopped speaking to my mum and dad. It’s much easier that way. They add nothing worthwhile to my life and I’m already thinking about the inevitable funeral costs that I’ll be landed with. 

To be fair to my ma, she texts on my birthday and Xmas day, but never on any of the kids birthdays or special days, etc. 

Must be difficult that mate but sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Not difficult at all, mate. I can be a cold bastard too. I hadn’t even thought about either of them for weeks until I saw this thread pop up. I’ve got my own life to be getting on with. 

Yep. It's weird, society and maybe even genetics tells you family should be kept close, but sometimes your experiences are such that you have to fight that feeling. It can be hard, subconsciously even if not consciously, but sometimes you need to just cut that cord to literally survive. Blood isn't thicker than water. I learned that the hard way.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Me mum went through a phase of shitting herself in public recently, including in my car while I was driving her for a brew. She went through loads of tests which showed no problems and she's now stopped. My uncle (her brother) is convinced she was doing it for attention.

Also recently found out from him that the fella she moved into our house when I was seven, who she'd met while he was in Wakefield high security nick, was questioned in our house by CID about the suspected rape and murder of an old woman.

My sister recently got her first ever job at the age of 27 as a cleaner. I was saying how proud I was of her and how this was the start of a new life, but she's quit already claiming sexual harassment (almost certainly a lie).

How's your family doing?

Certainly not ideal, but I always chuckle at how little you think of your sister.

"She just came back from holiday in Wuhan and is claiming to have some unknown virus. Funny how this is her week to clean the house, the lazy cow"

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Off to a 100th birthday bash this afternoon. (not mine, no laughing at the back). It's a great auntie of Her Indoors who I have named 'the black widow'. Three or four hubbies have gone before her.

I am under strict instructions not to use her 'nickname' though'

Stringvest being your birds great auntie is a shock if I'm honest 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not difficult at all, mate. I can be a cold bastard too. I hadn’t even thought about either of them for weeks until I saw this thread pop up. I’ve got my own life to be getting on with. 

We can't choose our family mate. I'm completely different to most of my family, I just don't get them at all. Moving away when young probably did that but the snide backstabbing two faced behaviour of some of them makes my blood boil so I rarely bother. 

Bristol City have just gone 1 up against Cardiff. 

Anyway my brothers missus is getting induced at 4pm today so I'm about to become an uncle for the second time later. Can't wait. His missus does my fucking head in. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yep. It's weird, society and maybe even genetics tells you family should be kept close, but sometimes your experiences are such that you have to fight that feeling. It can be hard, subconsciously even if not consciously, but sometimes you need to just cut that cord to literally survive. Blood isn't thicker than water. I learned that the hard way.

I'd push any of my family out of the way of an oncoming train and take the hit. Doesn't mean I'd be too arsed if I never spoke to most of them ever again. Not even a bad family really, just cranks. 

Bristol City just hit the bar, good game this. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I’m close to other family members that actually give a shit about me and mine, and whom I give a shit about also. My two sisters, a handful of first cousins and three uncles that I stay in touch with are basically all of ‘my side’ of the family. 

My bird’s ma is a proper cunt, but even factoring that in I can see that they’re all (her, her sisters, her dad) much more of a family unit than what I’ve ever known and I’m grateful to be a part of it, and to have that there for our kids as they’re growing up.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I bet thats what the mother in law writes in her xmas cards 

I have her on video pointing and looking straight at my phone saying the words “And you, John, you’re a CUNT for filming us” in her thick Geordie accent. It’s fucking hilarious. 

It was Christmas Day or Boxing Day years ago. Just me, her mum and her sister still up drinking in the early hours. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I have her on video pointing and looking straight at my phone saying the words “And you, John, you’re a CUNT for filming us” in her thick Geordie accent. It’s fucking hilarious. 

It was Christmas Day or Boxing Day years ago. Just me, her mum and her sister still up drinking in the early hours. 

I remember calling an exes Scottish Auntie a cunt in her mums kitchen once but completely joking. More of a "hahaha says you you cunt" I was bladdered. Anyway the next day I get a full on bollocking, she got really offended by me calling her a cunt even though I wasn't in anyway being aggressive. 

A week later we went to see Billy Connolly in Southampton, she was with us and within 5 minutes he started going on about the word "Cunt" and how people shouldn't be offended by it. I was in fucking hysterics getting elbow digs to the rib off my bird and her mum, both trying not to laugh themselves while her auntie just sat staring at him fuming. 

Fuck them. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I remember calling an exes Scottish Auntie a cunt in her mums kitchen once but completely joking. More of a "hahaha says you you cunt" I was bladdered. Anyway the next day I get a full on bollocking, she got really offended by me calling her a cunt even though I wasn't in anyway being aggressive. 

A week later we went to see Billy Connolly in Southampton, she was with us and within 5 minutes he started going on about the word "Cunt" and how people shouldn't be offended by it. I was in fucking hysterics getting elbow digs to the rib off my bird and her mum, both trying not to laugh themselves while her auntie just sat staring at him fuming. 

Fuck them. 

Cunt is a term of endearment up here. 

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I've stopped speaking to my Dad,but only because he died 4 years ago!

Seriously though,it makes me glad my family is so 'well adjusted.'

• 1 month later...

It gets dafter. It was Her Indoors mums birthday so HI, her mum, sister (bints mum) and bint went for a pub lunch. I had offered to pay for it but as soon as I heard bint was on the usual scrounge just thought bollocks. She ruins things every time.

Bint of course paid for nothing. Anyway she 'works' for her boyfriend (wanker) at his printers in Epsom which I am pretty sure is going belly up.

This is the crap she comes out with: 'Oh, the accountant of wankers company has said I'm the best thing that has happened to the firm'. As if an accountant (if wanker even has one) would say that anyway.

What is she, a financial whizz kid, a major investor or what?

No. She answers the bloody phone.

On 21/08/2022 at 11:38, Section_31 said:

How's your family doing?

Update.

My sister did a day at the Co-Op then went back to this job where she reckoned she was being sexually harassed but is seemingly now very happy.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Fucking hell it’s hard work this life isn’t it?

After years of pussyfooting around after the end of my marriage trying to make decisions which would have the best chance of pacifying people and leaving calm waters, it’s blown up to this.

40 minutes of earache on the phone - dogs abuse at times - only not hanging up because I can’t not have my say back.

hundreds, probably thousands of words back in stream after stream of text after - each one more hurtful, vitriolic and vindictive than the last.

so that’s it. The end, the final drawn line in the sand, the full and final destruction of any remaining relationship with my dying ex-wife, with as yet untold impact on our daughter that will probably only come out in future costly counselling sessions, and all too late to save the best relationship I’ve ever had.

fuck it all.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Fucking hell it’s hard work this life isn’t it?

After years of pussyfooting around after the end of my marriage trying to make decisions which would have the best chance of pacifying people and leaving calm waters, it’s blown up to this.

40 minutes of earache on the phone - dogs abuse at times - only not hanging up because I can’t not have my say back.

hundreds, probably thousands of words back in stream after stream of text after - each one more hurtful, vitriolic and vindictive than the last.

so that’s it. The end, the final drawn line in the sand, the full and final destruction of any remaining relationship with my dying ex-wife, with as yet untold impact on our daughter that will probably only come out in future costly counselling sessions, and all too late to save the best relationship I’ve ever had.

fuck it all.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Life can be incredibly difficult at times, especially when it's multiple issues all at once. You will get through this though and it won't be this tough forever. 

• Upvote 1