You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I'd imagine it will be a load of bollocks although I thought it was worth posting as Rodgers will be looking for someone to come in & take Gerrard's place in the squad.

I don't know anything about any of the three players mentioned to be honest.

I'd imagine it will be a load of bollocks although I thought it was worth posting as Rodgers will be looking for someone to come in & take Gerrard's place in the squad.

I don't know anything about any of the three players mentioned to be honest.

If you combine Nainggolan's dynamism and aggression with Pjanic's end product, you'll get close to a young Gerrard, but not as good.

Fuck off with squad players or £20m+ purchases for players who aren't as good as the players we've already got in their position (Lovren, Lallana). In fact avoid the Premier League market altogether other than to flog our shite to like Borini, Lovren and Lambert. 

Sign a good quality goalkeeper who can compete with Mignolet with Jones fucked off. A keeper who fits into what Rodgers wants in a keeper (i.e. he can kick a football).

Sign at least one genuine quality midfield player. Pjanic is the sort of quality we should be looking at. Fabian Delph isn't. Milner on a free would be a good buy but we still need a top quality midfielder coming in with Gerrard going. Fuck off with excuses or hard luck stories of how we can't buy anyone good.

A good quality striker. The lad from Palermo or Lyon would be a good shout.  Fuck off with excuses or hard luck stories of how we can't buy anyone good.

• Upvote 1

Lacazette from Lyon is a good pacey striker who can finish, he's had a really good season but got injured recently. Think he was values around the 15-16 million mark at the start of the season so his value has probably gone up. Depends if he wants to stay at Lyon as they have a good chance of winning the league and then CL and he's their star man. Lyon's President gets top dollar for his players so he won't be cheap if he leaves.

Haven't seen Dyabala (sp) from Palermo so can't comment on him. Vietto at Villareal is similar to Lacazette as he's playing well and his value has gone up.

I think we would do well with William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon. A good athletic defensive midfielder. Not sure about a good back up keeper, do we go for a younger keeper who will want to play all the time or a more experienced one who is willing to sit on the bench?.

I think we don't need any more squad players of the likes of Aspas and Alberto, there are enough players on loan or in the academy/U21's who should be given a chance rather than buying an average player to play ahead of them.

Has anyone seen this keita diao play ? Why are they asking 20 million plus for him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were linked with him last summer. Can't see us bothering with him when we have Origi and, potentially Ings arriving. The other Lazio player we're linked is Onazi who'd be worth signing for his name alone.

I reckon that Rome trip was just a romantic jaunt, Pascoe was winding the press up when he said Rodgers was on club business. Rodgers said himself that the next few windows would be quiet after last summer's bulk buying so I don't expect many arrivals this year, more about players leaving I'd say. If Ings and Milner can be persuaded to sign along with a new backup goalkeeper that might be it.

The Metro and Express linked us to 23 year old Brazilian Danilo, a right back from Porto today.

Said Barelona were after him but can't buy him because of their transfer ban. The price was over 30M so it's probably bullshit.

Or it's the Braga player - Danilo. Though he is a DM, so also probably bullshit.

Indeed it does.

Rather William Carvalho, Depay and Vietto for under that.

This man knows.  Depay in particular is one we should be targeting, another season like the one he's having and he'll be in the place Pogba is now where PSG/Real/City will be offering 50m+ and we won't have a chance, but if we went in right now we might just do.

That said, as brilliant as a summer where we got just those three would be, I don't think Rodgers is at all interested in a DM-type like Carvalho.  I've said on here several times that he'd be perfect for us, play him alongside Can and the opposition will never see the ball at all, but Rodgers doesn't like his midfielders to primarily be defenders, even if they're good with the ball beyond that.  He's never bought a pure DM at any club he's been at that I can think of.  Instead he seems to want a Joe Allen type, but better, hence links to Pjanic and Illaramendi and the like.