You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Had about enough shite from this ridiculous January 2015 transfer window.

When we look at this first topic 5 months from now, remember that we were not after anyone except a player that we already signed. 

I hate the fact that we can all see and point out the giant gaps of ability in the squad but professionals and top tier scouts cannot. 

Its a ludicrous how badly we need re-reinforcements on top of our 2014 summer spree yet we wait until the summer to address the issues.

Roll on the summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Sakho - +17 inch

8==================================================================O

Gerrard (Real Scouser) - approx. 12inch

8==============================================D

Nightcat - approx. 12 inch

8==============================================O

Rodgers 5 inch Max

8=====o

Ayre (Fake Scouser) - 1/2 inch

Io

• Upvote 6

Early doors, but this thread is a disgrace so far. 

I'm buzzing from that win so let's get it going right.  Can is going to be an absolute monster for us in midfield.  Let's go out and buy William Carvalho from Sporting and never worry about the midfield again for a decade or so.  I don't care if we want Henderson to be our captain, he will have a hell of a time getting into our team if we do this.

In fact, let me just full on fantasise for now.  Let's get Carvalho, Schar, and Depay.  Oh, and a goalkeeper who's better than Mignolet.  That's all I want.  Sell a few players to fund it, 4 players - that should be eminently doable.

Schar, Sakho, Toure, and Skrtel will do for CBs.  Can and Carvalho is a monster pairing in midfield and we have Henderson to give us depth there.  Move Sterling to striker full-time, let him do what Suarez did for us last season and Coutinho, Markovic and Depay can rotate behind him and Sturridge; they'll get 10 goals apiece.  Origi for depth.  Done.  It's not perfect, doesn't solve every last one of our problems but it fixes the vast majority and, crucially we stop wasting 7-10 million on a bunch of players who "might be good one day, who knows?"

But mostly I just want to say that Can's performance tonight has shown once and for all that he's ready.  He's not Gerrard, no one ever will be, but he's good enough that we won't miss the captain, and I didn't think I was likely to ever say that about anyone.

• Upvote 2

But mostly I just want to say that Can's performance tonight has shown once and for all that he's ready. He's not Gerrard, no one ever will be, but he's good enough that we won't miss the captain, and I didn't think I was likely to ever say that about anyone.

I think he was always destined to be Gerrards replacement but oddly enough he didn't look the part until he was moved to defence. Now with that experience under his belt he seems more mature and assured.

Funny old game.

• Upvote 3

Was watching the PSG v Bastia game last night and couldn't help but be impressed with the Bastia keeper Areloa, who is on loan from PSG.

21, agile as fuck, confident, he looks a real prospect. And PSG already have Sirigu, Douchez and Maignan in their squad as keepers.

Areola bit of a tit, I hear.

• Upvote 2