You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

You're confusing being realistic with "turning on ex managers". 

Not sure what you mean to be honest. 3 more points and the guy would have been lauded a hero. Yeah we all know how it turned out and fate can be a cruel mistress and all that. Strange I see people slagging off Rodgers for having his teeth done but no such comments now Jurgen has had his done. Not that I see a problem with people having their teeth done you understand.

Not sure what you mean to be honest. 3 more points and the guy would have been lauded a hero. Yeah we all know how it turned out and fate can be a cruel mistress and all that. Strange I see people slagging off Rodgers for having his teeth done but no such comments now Jurgen has had his done. Not that I see a problem with people having their teeth done you understand.

Don't understand this mentality that we should laud Rodgers because we finished second once. He finished in 7th (behind Everton) in his first season, 6th in his 3rd and in his last season - before he was sacked - he was clueless.

He was crap for 3 out of the 4 seasons he was here. Why does Hodgson deserve it and Rodgers doesn't? Hodgson was here for 6 months. Rodgers was here for 4 seasons and by the end of it we were no better than we were under Hodgson. 

• Upvote 2

Don't understand this mentality that we should laud Rodgers because we finished second once. He finished in 7th (behind Everton) in his first season, 6th in his 3rd and in his last season - before he was sacked - he was clueless.

He was crap for 3 out of the 4 seasons he was here. Why does Hodgson deserve it and Rodgers doesn't? Hodgson was here for 6 months. Rodgers was here for 4 seasons and by the end of it we were no better than we were under Hodgson.

Hodgson was an absolute dickhead who never tried to understand the mentality of the club or fans and spent most of his time here insulting people, licking Ferguson’s arse and throwing our players under the bus and was well on the way to dragging us into a relegation dogfight.

Nobody is saying we should laud him and he wasn’t good enough in the end but he’s in a completely different category than Hodgson.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A semi tough run coming for the Blues:

Burnley away
Brighton home
stoke away
man city home
Liverpool home
swansea away

I don't think they're in the relegation mire - however, pick up only 2/3 points from that lot and they will be in trouble.

As football cliches go, there's always one team who seem relatively safe but then plummet at towards the end of the season. 

Rodgers was too inexperienced to be given the job.  He demonstrated that from the outset by publicly throwing Carroll under a bus before he had even worked for him and creating a problem and a  bigger financial loss of the club that should have been avoided.  He touched lucky with Suarez and Sturridge but failed to stop the leaks at the back, In the end his appalling tactics against a bus parking Chelsea in the crunch game did it for me. A savvy manger would not have gone all out attack against the best defence in league when a point would have probably seen us as champions and our greatest ever player held up as a scapegoat,

Who knows whether he would succeed at Arsenal, Couldnt give a fuck tbh 

Hodgson shouldn't have gotten within 100 miles of the job. One of the worst appointments in living memory.

Rodgers at least tried, but failed, and was fortunate to have a player who was on top of his game and arguably the best forward in the world, ably assisted by both a full-firing Sturridge and an emerging Sterling in the season he came second. However, generally he wasn't good enough as a manager, and I disliked the man on a personal level due to his bullshitting and what I viewed as a deceitful nature.

• Upvote 3

I'd find it a bit sad if Rafa went there.  Same as when he went to Chelsea.  Not because I'm under any illusions, just inevitable what treatment he'll get and would seem a bit desperate from someone who's achieved way too much in the game to put up with that bollocks. 

Wouldn't be fussed at all if Brendan went there.

• Upvote 1