You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Big take away from Saltburn is that people have no tolerance for 'shocking' movies anymore and wouldn't have survived through the 70's, 80's or even 90's, the buzz this was getting based off a handful of scenes that didn't really warrant the discussion.

Good film though.

24 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Guardians of the galaxy 3.

At least 30 minutes too long and not near as good as 1 or 2. 

It reminded me of the first avengers movie, just loads of people getting shot and overly dragged out action scenes. 

I'm literally watching it now, oddly enough. 

It's a bit of a cheeky bastard with the angle on animal cruelty and sad songs.  I don't want to cry, but I find it hard not to when they with a couple of scenes.  

I dunno if it's a thing when you have kids and find another emotional gear, but I find myself getting overly affected by emotional scenes these days.  

Anyway, it's a departure from the other 2 films, but an emotionally manipulative one, which is a shame. 

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Big take away from Saltburn is that people have no tolerance for 'shocking' movies anymore and wouldn't have survived through the 70's, 80's or even 90's, the buzz this was getting based off a handful of scenes that didn't really warrant the discussion.

Good film though.

Me again. 

I didn't really think of any one scene being 'troubling' or shocking, but that's what people were saying.  

I didn't even know the scene they were referring to, so I was waiting to be shocked, but it didn't happen. 

It's really a Barry Keoghan success more than a brilliant film.  And like I said earlier, it's perhaps not even great acting, but it's tremendous casting just for his character.  

They could remake it tomorrow with loads of other casting improvements, dialogue, but Keoghan elevates it. 

Honourable mention to the head butler.

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm literally watching it now, oddly enough. 

It's a bit of a cheeky bastard with the angle on animal cruelty and sad songs.  I don't want to cry, but I find it hard not to when they with a couple of scenes.  

I dunno if it's a thing when you have kids and find another emotional gear, but I find myself getting overly affected by emotional scenes these days.  

Anyway, it's a departure from the other 2 films, but an emotionally manipulative one, which is a shame. 

It's a good movie. 

I just found the shootout scenes a little bit drawn out. Still a decent flick though. 

And your man, can't remember his name now, is a cunt to rocket...... 

42 minutes ago, Elite said:

His performance in Banshees should have won him an Oscar. Literally every mannerism and tone of voice was like watching an expert at their craft.

I don't thunk he's that far removed from his character in that than in real life to be fair mate. He's in Love/Hate as a young kid and doesn't seem all there in it. He's also in The Killing of a Scared Deer with Colin Farrell which is another seriously weird film with him playing a very troubled young man. It's definitely his niche. It will be interesting seeing him playing a more normal role. 

Fucking good on him though, he's a brilliant actor. My birds convinced he's got a big willy but I told her we all look like that if we give it a wiggle before hand. Oh how she laughed. 

walk-in-angry.gif

On 14/01/2024 at 20:01, George Costanza said:

Napoleon - it was OK. Nowt special.  I think it would have been better in a mini series since it tried to pack a long time period into a short space of time.  Never really told enough of the story of his background/rise, his seizing of power, his many battles and then his exile & return.

I’ve watched it this week. It was simply Ok. Hopefully the 4hr version will be better.

The Marvels.

I like Marvel movies in general. I thought Dr Strange 2 story was incredibly thin, this makes that feel like Pulp Fiction. This is down there with Eternals as the worst one. The whole of Phase 5 has been so disappointing. 

3/10. 

2 of those points are for the lovely Brie Larson, 1 point for use of Intergalactic by Beastie Boys.

On 16/01/2024 at 17:32, Bjornebye said:

My birds convinced he's got a big willy but I told her we all look like that if we give it a wiggle before hand. Oh how she laughed. 

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I have a Fire Stick.

Nobody likes a gloater, Tony.

• Upvote 4

On 16/01/2024 at 18:26, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cracking young actor. Pity about his accent.

He was great in top boy - was gutted when he got done. Seemed a waste of what was shaping into a quality performance and character that

12 hours ago, Curly said:

He was great in top boy - was gutted when he got done. Seemed a waste of what was shaping into a quality performance and character that

I’ve heard they rushed the last series because Kano didn’t want to be involved, said the script was shit 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve heard they rushed the last series because Kano didn’t want to be involved, said the script was shit 

Oh really? That makes sense - it did fall away after that bit really - defo the weakest of all the top boy and summerhouse series.

Still in my top 10 series ever though. Gotta get them Ps bruv. Allow it.

1 minute ago, Curly said:

Oh really? That makes sense - it did fall away after that bit really - defo the weakest of all the top boy and summerhouse series.

Still in my top 10 series ever though. Gotta get them Ps bruv. Allow it.

Wagwan. It went a bit downhill when Netflix took over it. Lost a bit of the grit and became too flash, still superb though. The last series was an insult to the previous 4 fam. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wagwan. It went a bit downhill when Netflix took over it. Lost a bit of the grit and became too flash, still superb though. The last series was an insult to the previous 4 fam. 

Say no more.

Yeah, some of the violence bits were a bit like an old cowie or a Hollywood film at times once Netflix got their grubby little mitts on it.

Love

• Upvote 1