You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

11 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

What a bunch of fucking cunts those Southampton players are,

Go fucking crying after they do everything to go out their way to beat us 1-0 and then fucking bottle a 2-0 lead last month or whenever it was and now this?

Cunts.

Wanting the Mancs to do well is contagious.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Didn't know Southampton had 2 sent off.

They effectively started with 10 men when dean sent 1 off after less than 90 seconds. I mean what did the lad do to be red carded in the 2nd minute, throttle Martial, run around kicking shit out of their front 3?

Like I said previously, it's no coincidence that in the two consecutive games last night, 2 refs sent off 2 away team's players that massively influenced the end result.

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The second was a Martial dive. He should have been booked!

The Southampton offside was ridiculous. What a state the game is in right now.

Definitely a red for the first though, totally brain-dead challenge.

Yep can't have any complaints on that - The Southampton manager knew straight himself it was a red and said nothing 

A close title race boosts public interest and, I’d imagine, subscriptions to sports channels, which in turn results in more lucrative television deals for the league.

On a completely and utterly separate note, it’s handy then that that VAR exists to ensure fairness for all and to help re-plot the story of games from time to time. 

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A close title race boosts public interest and, I’d imagine, subscriptions to sports channels, which in turn results in more lucrative television deals for the league.

On a completely and utterly separate note, it’s handy then that that VAR exists to ensure fairness for all and to help re-plot the story of games from time to time. 

This exactly. They know that if we (or City) were to run away with the league again then subscriptions to sports or ppv channels would massively drop, add to that no fans in grounds for a long period, they need to keep the PL i  the headlines  people watching.

I'm convinced, something is going on, too many ridiculous decisions being made even with video backup for it not just be incompetence.

The front on rice krispie moaning the other day about the some decision going against them, not even the lucky charm leprechaun could dish out the amount of good fortune and assistance Utd have had this season.

United are fucking shite and nobody is telling me any different. Without all the insane number of ref decisions going their way they would not be near the top. The officials are a fucking disgrace. They give United all the help they need and when they don't get it, you have that little Norwegian gnome moan about it and hey presto - the next match the officials are doing everything they can to give United a leg up. United committed twice the number of fouls as Southampton yet all they got was 2 yellows while Southampton had 2 sent off, a valid goal disallowed and a penalty awarded against them. This fucking stinks. 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Southampton have asked that Mike Dean and Lee Mason no longer be allowed to officiate their games! I can see that ending well, who do they think they are? Man United?

Dear Premier League Match Officials,

I hope this letter finds you well.

Please could you see your way towards the Red Light 4, or any other referees who have traveled to Indonesia, no longer officiating our games? We are sure that Kevin Friend, Andre Marriner, Martin Atkinson, and David Coote can be gainfully employed in some other capacity.

Kind regards,

Liverpool FC.

As I believe I've said before, Burnley's sole reason for existing appears to be to give us two difficult matches a season while reliably supplying our title rivals with a guaranteed six points.

Genuinely struggling to think of a team I hate more in world football.

Edit for statistical support: City have won the past seven fixtures against Burnley, with a goal difference of 28-1.

• Upvote 1