You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Centrists

aRdja

Just now, aRdja said:

Don’t know, he did call Lampard “scum” the anniversary of his mother’s death, but do go on.

What relevance is his mother's death, that he didn't know about at the time? He did apologise for that immediately and unreservedly, but wouldn't apologise for saying that any person who lets their kids live in a circumstance below their own standard is scum. He then said that Frank, having come on and explained how the actual events aren't as relayed verbatim from the mother's kids, doesn't fit in that category. 

I mean, you're fucking reaching here. It's all about your view on Brexit, isn't it? Be honest. It's because he wanted a referendum and you can't understand democracy not being a one-off event. Be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Well, I'm just choosing between the personal you call disgusting vermin and a vile human being - as if he were a guard at Auschwitz - and you who is doing the mud slinging. 

You quoted my post from 6 months ago unprompted. You were obviously fishing for a reaction, and I gave you one. I didn’t even mean it this time mate. People call others cunts, and twats and you’re not bothered 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

You quoted my post from 6 months ago unprompted. You were obviously fishing for a reaction, and I gave you one. I didn’t even mean it this time mate.

Well, I quoted it because you said 'vile human being' and she said 'wonderful human being'. I felt it was relevant, or at least had a connection. I will admit that I'm baffled how you can call him a vile human being. It's actually weird. 

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Well, I quoted it because you said 'vile human being' and she said 'wonderful human being'. I felt it was relevant. 

Okay, he talks down on brexiteers all the time, and I don’t like it. I think he’s super patronising. I accept “vermin” might’ve been too strong, but is it that much worse than cunt? I don’t know why you took exception to this.... I haven’t thought about him for a while. I haven’t listened to LBC for a year now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Okay, I think he talks down on brexiteers all the time, and I don’t like it. I think he’s super patronising. Vermin might’ve been too strong, but is it that much worse than cunt?

Vermin and vile human being is much worse than cunt, yeah. Had you said 'he talks down to brexiteers all the time and I don't like it', I wouldn't have even questioned it. That's reasonable. He does do that. I think it's hard not to talk down to them, but I get why it would annoy some people. 

EDIT: I took exception to it because he's actually one of the good guys, and calling him a vile human and vermin is how we talk about rapists, murderers, and nazis. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Okay, he talks down on brexiteers all the time, and I don’t like it. I think he’s super patronising. I accept Vermin might’ve been too strong, but is it that much worse than cunt? I don’t know why you took exception to this.... I haven’t thought about him for a while. I haven’t listened to LBC for a year now.

People that use their economic standing to shag their servants, are they vile vermin?

4 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Sometimes it's reasonable to talk down to people. For instance, if they persist in describing getting 30% of the vote as a landslide victory.

I suspect one of reasons people voted for Brexit was because lots of people were tired of being talked down to by the who they perceive to be the ‘elite’. Would you agree?

Just now, aRdja said:

I suspect one of reasons people voted for Brexit was because lots of people were tired of being talked down to by the ‘elite’. 

There's a lot of morons out there who hate being reminded that they are, in fact, morons.

Unfortunately their votes count just the same as the votes of non-morons, so here we see the major drawback of democracy.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

I suspect one of reasons people voted for Brexit was because lots of people were tired of being talked down to by the who they perceive to be the ‘elite’. Would you agree?

I think it was more to do with the democracy breaking lies by those in power, but it probably does have something to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yet still they consume the media owned by the elite that talks down to them as morons. 

5 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

There's a lot of morons out there who hate being reminded that they are, in fact, morons.

Unfortunately their votes count just the same as the votes of non-morons, so here we see the major drawback of democracy.

I disagree that it’s “unfortunate” SD. That’s just how democracy works no? What alternatives are out there? I’d probably say that EU membership is too complex an issue to be put to the people, but once they did, they HAD to deliver the result. 

41 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There was nothing democratic about the EU Referendum vote. The Tories spun lie after lie. A large amount voted for it because they are racist 'Farage' type delusional faux patriotic cunts. 

When did the EU last (or ever) talk down to you? The Tories talk down to us en masse on a daily basis be it in parliament, on twitter..on the news... All Brexit did is tighten that hold they have over us. 

24 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

What is democracy, @aRdja

I’ve discussed this with you before NV. I know the UK is a representative democracy and I am well aware that the result of the referendum wasn’t legally enforceable. However, when the state decided to go down the direct democracy route and put it to the people to tell them how to proceed, they just had to deliver the result. People voted with the understanding that their would matter, and I believe it should.

I’ve discussed this with you before NV. I know the UK is a representative democracy and I am well aware that the result of the referendum wasn’t legally enforceable. However, when the state decided to go down the direct democracy route and put it to the people to tell them how to proceed, they just had to deliver the result. People voted with the understanding that their would matter, and I believe it should.

Nope, we've not discussed that before. I'm asking what democracy is. Nothing to do with the referendum being legally binding. I'm asking you what democracy is.

Nobody knew what they were voting for !!!! It should be null & void until every detail of the deal is on the table. Thats when democracy would prevail. 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Nope, we've not discussed that before. I'm asking what democracy is. Nothing to do with the referendum being legally binding. I'm asking you what democracy is.

I don’t want to play this game NV. You’re being almost as patronising as James O’Brien is now.

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I'm not playing a game. I'm asking a very simple question. What is democracy? 

Happy to discuss and exchange ideas NV, but I’m gonna subject myself to a patronising ask like that mate. Good night.