You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Remember 20 months ago, when that feckless sack of shit was talking about shaking hands with Covid patients and every doctor in the country - including the ones standing alongside him - said "No, don't do that"?

That's the trick. Ignore the politicians and listen to the scientists.

I genuinely cant think of anyone worse to have running the country over the last 2 years.

Oh he is doing his best?

What like dismissing it as a cold ,fucking off on holidays and missing essential meetings, completely ignoring what doctors specifically told him not to do,refusing to meet the families of covid victims and making sure all his mates got rich of ppe contracts?

Just fuck the fuck off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Boris Johnson yesterday claimed that 90% of people in ICU were not boosted. When pressed on the detail, a spokesman from number 10 said that the information was anecdotal from some Trusts. 

How can anyone believe a fucking word they say when they just make it up as they go along?

He lost 2 jobs through lying and the British public still deemed him the right sort to run the country.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I'm looking at a woman in that BBC link and she's holding a placard saying "healthy children don't need a COVID-19 vaccine". Does anyone disagree with that? 

Ours are 17, 13 and 8. We let the older two decide for themselves (they both had the vaccine) but I wouldn’t get my eight year old vaccinated. Not through fear or anything, I just don’t think there’s any point at that age. 

Our 17 year old had Covid before the vaccine. It was nothing more than a slight cold. I know of loads of other kids under ten and as young as two who’ve had Covid with almost no symptoms at all. 

I was pleased with our 17 and 13 year olds deciding to get it because secondary schools seem to be the places it’s been spreading around the most. 

• Upvote 3

Fascists:

Police in southern China paraded four suspects through the streets for allegedly smuggling people across sealed borders in breach of pandemic control measures -- a controversial act of public shaming that triggered backlash on Chinese social media.

On Tuesday, four people wearing hazmat suits, face masks and goggles were paraded in Jingxi city, Guangxi province -- each carrying placards showing their names and photos on their chest and back, according to videos shared on social media and republished by state media outlets.
Each suspect was held by two officers -- also wearing hazmat suits and face shields. They were surrounded by yet another circle of police, some holding machine guns and in riot gear, while a large crowd looked on.

I have it now. Stuck in the UK until I get a negative PCR. Have to change flights and then quarantine in the Netherlands once I'm allowed to fly back. Fucksake. 

Noticeable since I've been back how little masks are worn. Was on the train into Town yesterday and it was only me wearing one. Supermarket this morning was about 50%.

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I have it now. Stuck in the UK until I get a negative PCR. Have to change flights and then quarantine in the Netherlands once I'm allowed to fly back. Fucksake. 

Noticeable since I've been back how little masks are worn. Was on the train into Town yesterday and it was only me wearing one. Supermarket this morning was about 50%.

We went to Costco this afternoon and it was at least a third of people not wearing masks.

There was quite a few wearing them but not covering their noses, and a few coughing and spluttering.

It's inconsiderate and selfish as far as I'm concerned, and as for those who use the excuse of being medically exempt from wearing them, they shouldn't be putting themselves at risk in the first place if they're that ill.

Fucking nobheads.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I thought it was supposed to be mandatory in supermarkets now?

What do you think will happen if Brenda off the checkouts tries saying something to a ket wig kid that’s in there to get a crate of Fosters? “Got any ID? Oh, and I can’t serve you when you haven’t got a mask?”

It’s not on the supermarket staff to enforce it. Or at least it shouldn’t be. They’re mostly women and young kids. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We went to Costco this afternoon and it was at least a third of people not wearing masks.

There was quite a few wearing them but not covering their noses, and a few coughing and spluttering.

It's inconsiderate and selfish as far as I'm concerned, and as for those who use the excuse of being medically exempt from wearing them, they shouldn't be putting themselves at risk in the first place if they're that ill.

Fucking nobheads.

I was there doing Triple H water sprays to everyone in the queues, were you the one in the hazmat suit?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What about little Brian who’s stacking shelves in the biscuit aisle? Is he gonna front up to some 18 stone anti-mask knobhead and tell him to get out of the shop and get his chocolate caramel digestives somewhere else?

These cunts have all had pay rises recently (apparently), about time they started earning their money.

3 hours ago, Boss said:

I'm looking at a woman in that BBC link and she's holding a placard saying "healthy children don't need a COVID-19 vaccine". Does anyone disagree with that? 

Dunno. My guess is that if we asked someone who knew what they're talking about (rather than random numpties on a football forum) they'd say that it's more complicated than that.

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Dunno. My guess is that if we asked someone who knew what they're talking about (rather than random numpties on a football forum) they'd say that it's more complicated than that.

Yeah, Mal, like the good Captain I'm going to take issue with this.

One amongst our number, I'm pretty sure, has an O level in biology or some shit and an internet connection, so that makes us infinitely more qualified than most of the schmucks knocking around.

Honestly I've never been so offended.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Speaking of bookmarks - it would be fascinating to get a look at RP's. That and the twitter feed.

Guaranteed to be some incredible stuff for many reasons. Some of it I know I wouldn't understand but the dive would be well worth it.

I have shit like my online banking and NPR - crap really.

There's some of what could be considered crazy there but not like bookmarks I had years ago and fairly tame compared to what it used to be. The folder where I've mostly saved links for this takes me about 20 scrolls to get to the bottom and loads of it is tweets, need to sort it out.

A lot of other bookmarks might not be so interesting and is artstation artists and games. The craziest for folders is a magic the gathering site where I was saving links. I got carried away and it has over 50 subfolders for different sets where I'd been saving cards then the site stopped trading and no longer exists so every link is broken. At least the bookmarks saved the card names. I haven't even bought real life cards in a while now, can get expensive quickly.

A fair amount of pc/console game links too, some health, music and there's quite a few crypto bookmarks from getting into it last year. All I do now mostly with the crypto folder is go in there to check one link for latest prices every so often.

Note : too many bookmarks can really mess with your browser.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What about little Brian who’s stacking shelves in the biscuit aisle? Is he gonna front up to some 18 stone anti-mask knobhead and tell him to get out of the shop and get his chocolate caramel digestives somewhere else?

Was in the local One Stop and a young lad about 20 was sauntering round without a mask and the cashier said ' where's your mask ' and he mumbled something about asthma , and she said 'Ooh there's a lot of that around isn't there , just make sure you have your exemption ready for when you get to the till '. Was a bit surprised as haven't seen any enforcement elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Boss said:

Sorry, why does she and anyone else for that matter, think only unhealthy children should be vaccinated? Isnt it too late vaccinating 'healthy' children once they've caught a disease?

Healthy babies and children are vaccinated in the UK against numerous diseases that believe it or not, can still cause severe life changing debilities and yes, even death.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

KidD has just had a positive PCR test. She's had a rotten cold over the Christmas period, dripping snot and that. LFTs came back negative until the other day when we were due to meet with extended family when 2 came back positive for her. She's ok in herself but with the latest guidance we don't really know what it means for her going back to school next week etc as it's unclear when symptoms started. Got 74-year-old mother in law with us as well at the minute so it's a bit worrying. 

*edit*

So MrsD, MaInLawD and me are now meant to do LFT tests every day for 7 days. However, can't order them online and no chemists near me have any stocks in. We need 21 tests and can't get hold of any. What a shit show. 

I was in the chemist in orrell park earlier and they said they got a box in this morning, they went right away and they've no idea when they're getting more. Apparently there's no shortage though. 

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Was in the local One Stop and a young lad about 20 was sauntering round without a mask and the cashier said ' where's your mask ' and he mumbled something about asthma , and she said 'Ooh there's a lot of that around isn't there , just make sure you have your exemption ready for when you get to the till '. Was a bit surprised as haven't seen any enforcement elsewhere.

I don't think they're supposed to ask, it's illegal as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I thought it was supposed to be mandatory in supermarkets now?

The issue we have now is after all the shit about the government not following the rules no one will listen to these new measures and supermarkets will just put up the signs about masks ect but are not enforcing it

You'll be hard pressed to find a company that will turn paying customers away just because of no mask considering the losses business have suffered over the past 18 months.