You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was in the chemist in orrell park earlier and they said they got a box in this morning, they went right away and they've no idea when they're getting more. Apparently there's no shortage though. 

I tweeted about it before and a sky journo got in touch. No shortages but no one can get hold of them. 

• Upvote 1

At moment it feels like half the people I know have covid. 

Granddaughter, daughter in law both got it. Just found out son in laws dad has it, he had an awful vaccine reaction so has only had one jab. He's overweight and has other issues so slightly concerned there.

Numerous mates have got it, or I'd not them their partners

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Already Googling who will deliver decent beer. 

You might do ok on Amazon fresh or amazo  Morrisons and they deliver pretty quickly. 

The getir app will get you stuff within about half an hour. 

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not denying service are they , just asking for proof of the issue ?

Asking for proof is apparently in itself discrimination. So you can ask why aren't you wearing a mask and if the response is medically exempt, you have to take that at face value. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What about little Brian who’s stacking shelves in the biscuit aisle? Is he gonna front up to some 18 stone anti-mask knobhead and tell him to get out of the shop and get his chocolate caramel digestives somewhere else?

Little Brian sounds like a right shitbag tbf mate. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Was he elected by the public?

Nope. Prime Ministers aren't.

The combined total of people who voted him as Tory Party leader plus the people who voted for him as their MP is less than the number of people shouting "Fuck Boris" at Glastonbury 2019.

Democracy!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Private businesses should be able to decide whatever they want to enforce.

Any mandate can only and should only be enforced by those who set it.

"Pah! I'm not wasting good money on fire escapes. I should be free to decide what my business wants to enforce!"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I tweeted about it before and a sky journo got in touch. No shortages but no one can get hold of them. 

Sounds like they are genuinely running out. Although I don't understand the thrust of this article in the context of containing the virus. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/30/running-out-covid-tests-strategy-flawed?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You say that to him behind your mask, you fucking sheep. You haven’t got the minerals to say it to him without your nose and mouth covered. 

I’ll throw a packet of chocolate and caramel digestives at him see how he likes that, the fascist prick. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It comes under discrimination laws, so companies can't pick and choose who they serve based on disabilities, sex, race etc, etc. 

Strange, for many a year I've noticed signs in different retail establishments that clearly state 'we have the right to refuse to sell to anyone'.

38 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Is Red Phoenix still about? Is he still a conspiracy loon? Bet he has not been vaccinated, the selfish gimp.

Yeah I'm holding out with around 90 thousand NHS staff and all of the other selfish gimps across the country.

Good to have a control group for stuff like this I suppose, even if the establishment would rather we didn't exist.

35 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I'm holding out with around 90 thousand NHS staff and all of the other selfish gimps across the country.

Good to have a control group for stuff like this I suppose, even if the establishment would rather we didn't exist.

Load of bollocks. It’s scary that you believe it. 

Them anti vax loons turning up at hospitals should be sent to prison 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Them anti vax loons turning up at hospitals should be sent to prison 

Thanks for mentioning this. I was just about to head out to the local hospital with some common law papers and a copy of the nuremberg code. I was planning on waving them around whilst screaming at hospital staff because I was certain it'd bring an end to all of the propaganda against unvaccinated.

I guess I'll take my jacket and trainers off instead now and play a game on the PC.

Thanks again.