You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know I bang on about commentators but tonight to hear Darke and Keown in the first half they would have you think we were watching Barcelona in their prime again an alehouse 11 . The pinnacle of football genius. By the end of the game City were slow ,out of ideas and Newcastle deserved full credit. No perspective at all on a game of football , just words coming out of idiots mouths and like listening to that twat in catchphrase *just say what you see " . The art of commentary used to be about enhancing the experience for the viewer but these whoppers make it an ordeal.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I know I bang on about commentators but tonight to hear Darke and Keown in the first half they would have you think we were watching Barcelona in their prime again an alehouse 11 . The pinnacle of football genius. By the end of the game City were slow ,out of ideas and Newcastle deserved full credit. No perspective at all on a game of football , just words coming out of idiots mouths and like listening to that twat in catchphrase *just say what you see " . The art of commentary used to be about enhancing the experience for the viewer but these whoppers make it an ordeal.

Give me Brian Moore any day. Colemans crackling voice from the 70 world cup was the stuff of legend. His "Pele" was elongated and his commentary on banks save against him was brilliant. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, liverpoolsno9 said:

The Drowning Man has come up with some classics over the last few weeks, he's the resident hysterical fanny. 

He seemed to show up on the day of the city game brandishing his own shite version of wummery and we haven't been able to flush him since. 

Deffo a city fan, noticed how he's disappeared since Newcastle scored?

Just now, Aventus said:

He seemed to show up on the day of the city game brandishing his own shite version of wummery and we haven't been able to flush him since. 

Deffo a city fan, noticed how he's disappeared since Newcastle scored?

Definitely Fanchester's double act.