You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I thought Milner was pretty good when he came on yesterday.  

Not for me Clive.   Really can't fucking wait until Klopp brings in some proper quality into our midfield.

The 35-40m he wasted on Chamberlain still grates though, that should have been one but Klopp's record in the transfer market has been more than good enough to give him that one.

• Downvote 1

He was patchy enough in a 5-0 win... yes players don't always make passes, but the positions he was giving it away yesterday were very poor - a better team makes you pay for that.

Make sure in your own half, take calculated risks in the others'.

• Downvote 1

He was patchy enough in a 5-0 win... yes players don't always make passes, but the positions he was giving it away yesterday were very poor - a better team makes you pay for that.

Make sure in your own half, take calculated risks in the others'.

That’s because he was being put under a bit of pressure. Those passes would normally be fired back to a defender to give them the responsibility to deal with the on rushing forward.

I thought he had a dodgy 10 minute period but was quietly effective for most of the game. Not sure why Hendo receives the vitriol he does, He has been our captain for a fair while and also captains his country , yet some fans talk about him as if he was a Sunday league player , it's just ridiculous. 

Could he & any of our other midfielders be improved upon , certainly , but the criticism the midfielders get is way over the top.

• Upvote 1

Not for me Clive.   Really can't fucking wait until Klopp brings in some proper quality into our midfield.

The 35-40m he wasted on Chamberlain still grates though, that should have been one but Klopp's record in the transfer market has been more than good enough to give him that one.

I think Oxo-Chambo will come good.

I think Klopp will be able to improve him. He has an air of positivity and creativity about him. This is something that we lack when he is missing (or off form). He is strong and has skill. Just needs to develop in the centre position. The fact that he *wants* to play here, will help him succeed and will help Klopp coach him. 

• Upvote 1

I’m sorry if I hurt you.

I don't really invest too much of my emotions in the modern players if I am being honest , Mr S. They don't really need it with the money and lifestyles they lead.

I like them both , but think they can be improved upon and are on the downslope due to significant injuries. I just think the position Henderson plays in allows more leeway to play as you slow down, whereas once Lallana's sharpness is impacted he will not see much gametime & may look to move on.

I would be surprised and disappointed if VvD wasn't skipper next year.

Like you NV, I still think he will do a job , and Keita / AN Other brilliant mids / Hendo / Gini / Milner / AOC is a decent set of midfield options ( with maybe TAA moving forward from RB to supplement in some smaller games )

• Upvote 1

If they are injured yes. isnt that why Salah did not play in a league game because he had a small groin strain. Oh I guess you missed that. Oh and I guess you missed he played Lovren and TAA against United and dropped the pair of them after less than perfect games.

Like I said you can convince yourself. if Klopp finds a better player he will replace him  but as Klopp has said Hendersons problem with some fans is he had to replace Gerrard.

He was shit when Gerrard was here.

Mo Salah missed Burnley and the cup game against Everton but was miraculously fit again for Man City.

He's our captain and he's missing the biggest club game in world football with a knock.

Ok.

I don’t want him to be sold, but I think he needs to not be the captain.

He’s a solid midfielder. He’s got more talent than he let’s on, which is frustrating.

He's been flattering to decieve his entire Liverpool career.

I ask, what is he ? He's not a creator, or a stopper, or a hardman, or a leader or an organiser, certainly not a goal scorer or a difference maker in any way, shape or form. What the fuck does Hendo do exactly that so many other half decent athletes can't?

I think he's incredibly fortunate to have us, not necessarily tthe other way around.

• Upvote 1

I ask, what is he ? He's not a creator, or a stopper, or a hardman, or a leader or an organiser, certainly not a goal scorer or a difference maker in any way, shape or form. What the fuck does Hendo do exactly that so many other half decent athletes can't?

I think he's incredibly fortunate to have us, not necessarily tthe other way around.

You can't flatter to deceive for a whole career.  Players who flatter to deceive get found out quickly and moved on.  Exhibit A: Mario Balotelli.

You seem to equate not being able to define his role yourself with him being a bad player; another fallacy.

He's experienced, good positioning, good passing, but he's not any of those things you mention, so I fully get why he's seen as not good enough. He's certainly not 'special' like Alonso or Gerrard. There have been a few games in his career that he has really grabbed the game. The rest he's just making up the numbers, but he's somebody who is at the club and offers experience and a cool head. I don 't mind him.

• Upvote 1

Just an all round midfielder. Good at a lot of things but not particularly great at one thing. Wasn’t Ronnie Whelan meant to be a bit like that too?

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)